The Internal market bill

Started by T00ts, September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 16, 2020, 08:18:14 PM

When you point stuff like this out (just pure facts) in real life politely, have you been threatened by Unionists?

That has nothing to do with Sheepy btw and I'm not implying anything by it, just wondering what the atmosphere is like over there.

No.

Deep down , even the most hardened unionists know its the truth .

Some folk you can talk to , others its beyond any debate .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 06:09:25 PMSeriously, a UK man shafted the UK

Yes, he held his cabinet at knife point and threatened them if they didn't go along with Maastricht.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 08:11:32 PM

In all honesty I couldn't careless but for some reason I should.

sure sheep , just putting some context onto what you said.

Last year alone , scotland raised in tax revenue 69 billion , and westminster took it all , gave us 34 billion to run the country , and then told us we owed them a further 15 billion for englands debt interest , ( we have no serious borrowing powers in scotland) HS2 , westminster repairs , as well as a host of other english infrastructure projects.

Then ran to the media ( as they did wae you over the eu) and told everyone we had a 15 billion black hole ( they invented).

Serious question:

When you point stuff like this out (just pure facts) in real life politely, have you been threatened by Unionists?

That has nothing to do with Sheepy btw and I'm not implying anything by it, just wondering what the atmosphere is like over there.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 08:11:32 PM

sure sheep , just putting some context onto what you said.

Last year alone , scotland raised in tax revenue 69 billion , and westminster took it all , gave us 34 billion to run the country , and then told us we owed them a further 15 billion for englands debt interest , ( we have no serious borrowing powers in scotland) HS2 , westminster repairs , as well as a host of other english infrastructure projects.

Then ran to the media ( as they did wae you over the eu) and told everyone we had a 15 billion black hole ( they invented).

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 08:09:30 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 08:03:34 PM

Well look on the brightside Thomas last week they tried to get us to turn on the SNP because you get allegedly 2 grand per person more than anyone else in the UK, instead we said fair play if they can get away with it.

we do sheep , its because we pay more in we get more out.

Quote"Scotland "pays its fair share" and that "these myths" are simply perpetuated by those that oppose independence". And that "Scotland's oil wealth had been squandered by Westminster rather than invested, while being underplayed (in value terms) by the UK government to subdue calls for Scottish independence".

former Chancellor Denis Healey

Scotland with only 8.4% of the UK population possesses 34% of the UK's natural wealth.

Since 2012 , scotland has handed over 926 billion to westminster , who have returned 545 billion for scotland to run our country.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 08:03:34 PM

Well look on the brightside Thomas last week they tried to get us to turn on the SNP because you get allegedly 2 grand per person more than anyone else in the UK, instead we said fair play if they can get away with it.

we do sheep , its because we pay more in we get more out.

Quote"Scotland "pays its fair share" and that "these myths" are simply perpetuated by those that oppose independence". And that "Scotland's oil wealth had been squandered by Westminster rather than invested, while being underplayed (in value terms) by the UK government to subdue calls for Scottish independence".

former Chancellor Denis Healey

Scotland with only 8.4% of the UK population possesses 34% of the UK's natural wealth.

Since 2012 , scotland has handed over 926 billion to westminster , who have returned 545 billion for scotland s  government to run our country.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 05:59:05 PM
THe UK freely joined and it can freely leave. It has always been free

It is , and the only one on here moaning about it incessantly is you.

QuoteYou have left, doesn't seem to sink in with you.

Transition........the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 06:07:05 PM

Seriously, what your saying is, the people you voted into govt. won't let you leave. .

Sure. The english have this mental political system of election called FPTP , stitched up between two parties. England has 82% of the seats in the commons , meaning whoever wins england  , wins power to go into government.

We had an election in 2017 , both main parties standing  on a leave ticket to enact the referendum result , so the people voted , and the tories narrowly won.

...but on both sides of the main parties , they were stacked full of remainers , who fought to renege on the vote for a further two years , unti llast decemebrs election cleared them out.

So aye , that exactly what was being said.

Now the countdown has begun  , the uk has removed meps , and the tranisiton process will finally come to an end december this year.

...but you know all this. ;)
The UK could have left at any point, all it had to do was say we've had enough.

see above...the two main political parties were remainers , with one only recently changing its tune because of fear of the eurosceptic parties ,the other still being a remian party who didnt even want to let the people have a say . So no the uk couldnt just leave at any point ...but now it is.

It certainly seems a problem for you though doesnt it with all your bleating on here.

QuoteThe way you go on you would think it was every man woman and child that wanted to leave,

sure no one suggested that , just as not every irishman wnated to leave the uk. However when the vote finally came  , the majrotiy that voted leave was all that mattered  , and here we are.

Most are happy , you and yer remain friends have the hump. Int democracy a bastard gerry.

;D
How could IRL leave when it was held at gun point,

You left didnt you?

what are you gibbering about now?

You left the uk , so brexit isnt anythig to do wiht you is it? ...and now the english are leaving the eu , as they are fully entitled to do so.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 05:59:05 PM
THe UK freely joined and it can freely leave. It has always been free

It is , and the only one on here moaning about it incessantly is you.

QuoteYou have left, doesn't seem to sink in with you.

Transition........the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.

T00ts

I have been out all day and have just managed to catch up with this thread and sincerely want to thank everyone who has contributed. It has been so much easier to follow and understand viewpoints without the slanging matches. It has achieved exactly what I needed. Thanks again.   :-* :-*

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 01:40:33 PMHa, don't be surprised if the Westminster party have been stirring it all up so they can say, we have to make these concessions to get a deal, it won't be the first time.
Anyway Gerry, I guess I was right on the money then, when the news catches up.
That is like saying feck the populists are on our case, they know just what little shits we are.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 06:21:04 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 06:13:08 PMJust another politician shafting us all, just like all of the rest of them. nice try though.
That's ok, I'm starting to understand you. The UK has been consistently shafted by lying UK politicians who blame the EU. And rather than trying to elect a different type of politician you go with the same and then you yourself blame the EU for everything. Because it's easy.
LOL no I blame all of them for being lying bastards, especially the EU.

GerryT

Quote from: Dynamis on September 16, 2020, 06:13:34 PMIn all fairness Gerry mate, that is a bit of a wild claim, I think you know that isn't how it really was.

Granted, Greenland left in '85 and others renegotiated etc, but it wasn't just some simple decision. The EU certainly does aggressively pursue people to rejoin or change their mind re skeptcism (Portugal?).

I don't blame the EU for doing that, just as Exiters do, but it's not as simple as "if you want to leave, you leave tomorrow" and I think you being a clever guy know that.
Easy for a country, since Art50 was introduced it's now exceptionally easy. Trigger Art50 and leave, there's a 2yr waiting period but in the grand scheme of things that's fast.
Now leaving with a plan, that's a totally different ball game.

Borg Refinery

From 2016..

"The rift was complete and there was no point trying to play nice any more. "I do not understand why the British government needs until October to decide whether to send the divorce letter to Brussels," he said. "I'd like it immediately."" [Juncker]

Well, the govt did take an eternity to decide...

https://www.slow-journalism.com/from-the-archive/this-is-what-happened-to-the-last-country-that-left-the-eu

It shows that this isn't a super quick process in any case but it could have been quicker.
+++

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 06:13:08 PMJust another politician shafting us all, just like all of the rest of them. nice try though.
That's ok, I'm starting to understand you. The UK has been consistently shafted by lying UK politicians who blame the EU. And rather than trying to elect a different type of politician you go with the same and then you yourself blame the EU for everything. Because it's easy.