Obeying the Rule of Law

Started by Dynamis, September 15, 2020, 02:09:24 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

If you want to break a law then you should do so whether or not someone else is also breaking it. The actions of another should not be a deciding factor in your actions.
Don't believe everything you think.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nalaar on September 16, 2020, 12:30:02 PM
Put simply, I think the way someone else (or some institution like a government) acts is not a reason for an individual to act in the same way.

Why not? If the law is the law and idiots like Cummings can break it while folks'' loved ones are dying in care homes then why not? What if the law is idiotic and stupid, like this new 'no mingling in the street' oaw that Priti Vacant has just talked about...

Let's get philosophical then, just for you.

Let's say you're a black fellow under jim crow laws or ok say a white fellow in zimbabwe during the reclamation period.

What do you do then?

The rule of law is sometimes unfollowable and can't be accepted.

I don't see what the point is anymore znd I say this as someone with a clean criminal record boot , these new restrictions, especially for people who already don't go.out much, are the worst and will seriously cause damage.

If they can pick and choose laws to follow, why can't we according to our superior-to-their moral code?
+++

Nalaar

Put simply, I think the way someone else (or some institution like a government) acts is not a reason for an individual to act in the same way.
Don't believe everything you think.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2020, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 15, 2020, 07:59:18 PM
sounds like one of those forever mysteries, like why is Graham Norton classed as gifted and paid a fortune by the BBC?

Why indeed?
as I say complete mystery.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on September 15, 2020, 07:59:18 PM
sounds like one of those forever mysteries, like why is Graham Norton classed as gifted and paid a fortune by the BBC?

Why indeed?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 15, 2020, 07:11:53 PMLink please?

'404' 'The poster you are searching has not been found'

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 15, 2020, 06:50:31 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 15, 2020, 02:22:48 PMCould also be short for question.

...or "f*cking idiot"....no, no sorry...that begins with F doesn't it...never mind...

Link please?
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 15, 2020, 02:22:48 PMCould also be short for question.

...or "f*cking idiot"....no, no sorry...that begins with F doesn't it...never mind...

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Streetwalker

When they break the rule of law Ill have an answer

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on September 15, 2020, 02:09:24 PM
"if the government does not have to obey the rule of law why should the rest of us?"

Saw someone else pose that question...

Answers on that back of a postcard please.

Better Question:

Does the sovereign have to obey the law ?

Follow on question:

If not, why must a government governing in her name obey the laws they make for her subjects.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 02:19:39 PM
What is "Q?"

That annoying twerp from star trek.

..Could also be short for question.
+++

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe