Rugby Union WC

Started by Cassie, October 11, 2019, 11:26:20 AM

« previous - next »

Churchill

The game is on should be a very entertaining match 11.45am
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Cassie

The match goes ahead. Tasty, Scotland have to win by 8 points, bonus points to play a big part in the game to decide who goes through.

Churchill

Japan has now been hit by an earthquake ,
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

They will decide tomorrow morning if the Scottish v Japan match can possibly go ahead , I hope it can I have been looking forward to it

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=259 time=1570892338 user_id=54
Is it right that there has been an earthquake too. I can't remember where I saw it.

Toots japan has minor tremors and earthquakes practically every day.

You do wonder why they decided to hold world rugbys flagship tournament in a country such as this then moan about conditions weather and danger to life.

Common sense seems to fly right out the windae when backhanders are involved when choosing host nations for sporting events.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Cassie post_id=257 time=1570891343 user_id=57
We had our match cancelled this morning.

you arent out the tournament because of it.

T00ts

Is it right that there has been an earthquake too. I can't remember where I saw it.

Cassie

We had our match cancelled this morning.

Thomas

Quote from: Cassie post_id=254 time=1570889791 user_id=57
I did hear that this was proposed to all countries, that if a group game cannot go ahead, it would be cancelled, but knock-out games will go ahead. All countries agreed and signed up for it, so I don't think anyone can complain from that point of view. I've heard that people in the know don't think the Scotland match will go ahead. It's a shame because the Japan/Scotland match would have been a cracker.

Dont know cassie as i said im no a rugby fan.

However i think the organisation has been farcical , from what little i have seen , and this time its scotland potentially falling foul , next time it could be england.

Cassie

I did hear that this was proposed to all countries, that if a group game cannot go ahead, it would be cancelled, but knock-out games will go ahead. All countries agreed and signed up for it, so I don't think anyone can complain from that point of view. I've heard that people in the know don't think the Scotland match will go ahead. It's a shame because the Japan/Scotland match would have been a cracker.

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=249 time=1570887295 user_id=69

No other choice IMO trying to fit the World Cup in-between other commitments that national sides and players have with their clubs, the Typhoon season should have been almost over by now this bad boy has arrived very late in the season first time for decades

Dont agree with you at all.

Im not a rugby fan , but you have to question why they gave the tournament to japan knowing the typhoon season could still be in full swing.

World rugby has made a balls up here.

What about the football world cup in qatar? Similar issues if not worse , tournament last i heard was now being played nov/ december , problems with conflicts in domestic season and many other controversies simply be cause the qataries gave the biggest back hander .

International sporting events are in danger of becoming farcical.

If scotland go out then they go out , but you can bet anything you like if it was one of the tournament favourites like new zealand in danger of being eliminated then they would find a way to play their game.

World rugby have made the tournament a laughing stock FFS.

Churchill

Quote from: Cassie post_id=241 time=1570880845 user_id=57
Quote from: Cassie post_id=145 time=1570805397 user_id=57
Ha, I couldn't find ITV 4 on my TV, my dumb, smart TV.

I heard that when the Ireland match might have been cancelled, Ireland need to win this, Townsend was just saying 'ah well it's the rules and we have to abide by them', now he wants to take court action if his match is cancelled. I think they should try to play all group matches, they will if any knock out matches are affected. They knew this was typhoon season so they should have had contingency plans. As a fan, I'd be pretty miffed if I bought tickets, air tickets for one match only to find it cancelled.

No other choice IMO trying to fit the World Cup in-between other commitments that national sides and players have with their clubs, the Typhoon season should have been almost over by now this bad boy has arrived very late in the season first time for decades

Cassie

This could be moved to sport, there wasn't a section for that when I posted the thread.Oh mods, are you there??

Cassie

Quote from: Cassie post_id=145 time=1570805397 user_id=57
Ha, I couldn't find ITV 4 on my TV, my dumb, smart TV.

I heard that when the Ireland match might have been cancelled, Ireland need to win this, Townsend was just saying 'ah well it's the rules and we have to abide by them', now he wants to take court action if his match is cancelled. I think they should try to play all group matches, they will if any knock out matches are affected. They knew this was typhoon season so they should have had contingency plans. As a fan, I'd be pretty miffed if I bought tickets, air tickets for one match only to find it cancelled.

Churchill

I have enjoyed the World Cup so far pity the England v France had to be cancelled but what other choice did they have everything is shut down until the Typhoon passes.

I hope the Scottish v Japan game can be played , the Scots are thinking of legal action but its bad luck nothing the organizers can do, with a bit of good fortune the Typhoon will have moved on and the game can go ahead as planned I hope so it has all the hallmarks of being a cracker of a game