Rugby Union WC

Started by Cassie, October 11, 2019, 11:26:20 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Cian Healy looked like he was crapping it during the Haka 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Churchill post_id=1267 time=1571478496 user_id=69
The Japanese are not small those that are shorter are as tough as old Boots and hard to get hold off :lol: , I think they will do well their fitness level is brilliant they never stop running their handling skills is top notch, if I was a betting man I would put at least 50p on them to win  :D

I hope you're right.

Nick

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1258 time=1571477395 user_id=57
Can we beat the All Blacks? Can we beat Ireland if they do beat the All Blacks? I'm just enjoying our performance today, one game at a time.

We came within 1 point of beating the All Blacks last time we played them. They are not as good now and England are better so yes we can beat them but we'll have to see on the day. Assuming they win today of course.

Churchill

The Japanese are not small those that are shorter are as tough as old Boots and hard to get hold off :lol: , I think they will do well their fitness level is brilliant they never stop running their handling skills is top notch, if I was a betting man I would put at least 50p on them to win  :D
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Nick

Quote from: Churchill post_id=1261 time=1571477757 user_id=69
Superb result , the Irish All Blacks game should be good, really looking forward to the Japan South Africa game tomorrow come what may the Japanese will go for it for the full 80 minutes no doubt about that

SA are a big side, maybe too big for Japan.

Churchill

Superb result , the Irish All Blacks game should be good, really looking forward to the Japan South Africa game tomorrow come what may the Japanese will go for it for the full 80 minutes no doubt about that
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Cassie

Quote from: Nick post_id=1255 time=1571476785 user_id=73
Ireland won't beat The All Blacks I don't think. Hope they do but not holding my breath.

Can we beat the All Blacks? Can we beat Ireland if they do beat the All Blacks? I'm just enjoying our performance today, one game at a time.

Nick

Ireland won't beat The All Blacks I don't think. Hope they do but not holding my breath.

Cassie

40-16 England run out easy winners in the end. Ireland or New Zealand next. How did New Zealand, Australia,

Cassie

A bit of a shaky start, but two tries and conversions  and we're ahead. A long way to go.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=1116 time=1571382025 user_id=58
Thanks for your post.

Im not a rugby fan as you know , obviously i support scotland and wanted them to win , and im happy to take on banter as folk take the piss out of scotland for being dumped out the tournament.

...but the idea scotlands position of threatening legal action is absurd as nick is proposing just doesnt wash with me for all the reasons i have given.

What im concerned about is if this is the farce world rugby has descended into by giving a country like japan this tournament  , for all the reasons i have mentioned , i dread the football world cup in qatar.

I think it more than reasonable for all these old men in grey suits who make these tournament decisions to take the flak for their decisions if and when the tournaments go wrong , and as i pointed out when rugby world cup is talking more about events off the field than events on it , somethin is seriously wrong.

Good luck with you team when they play , and im sure you wont be offended if i return nicks piss taking in kind if they are knocked out.

Take the piss all you want. England are in the quarter finals, you jocks are on your way home.

Thomas

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=1063 time=1571335149 user_id=84
Coming in on this one late since I arrived late, probably from watching too much rugby union.

I would like to just make the following observation. The cancellation of the England:France match changed nothing; England were to of their pool and France second so both had qualified whatever the outcome for the quarters. Certainly fans were disappointed and a friend who went to Japan was spitting feathers.

However had they cancelled the Japan:Scotland match, they were depriving Scotland of the chance, albeit very slim, of knocking Ireland to third in the pool and qualifying for the quarters. Such a decision would have made a mockery of the Rugby World Cup.

I agree with Thomas on this occasion; with the danger of extreme weather conditions Japan was an unwise choice to host it, and more should have been done to arrange alternative venues.

Thanks for your post.

Im not a rugby fan as you know , obviously i support scotland and wanted them to win , and im happy to take on banter as folk take the piss out of scotland for being dumped out the tournament.

...but the idea scotlands position of threatening legal action is absurd as nick is proposing just doesnt wash with me for all the reasons i have given.

What im concerned about is if this is the farce world rugby has descended into by giving a country like japan this tournament  , for all the reasons i have mentioned , i dread the football world cup in qatar.

I think it more than reasonable for all these old men in grey suits who make these tournament decisions to take the flak for their decisions if and when the tournaments go wrong , and as i pointed out when rugby world cup is talking more about events off the field than events on it , somethin is seriously wrong.

Good luck with you team when they play , and im sure you wont be offended if i return nicks piss taking in kind if they are knocked out.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=690 time=1571124995 user_id=73
To answer your question no England DIDN'T protest. Clearly you're unaware England had their game postponed, the difference being we won all our games before so weren't desperate like Scotland.

As for debating, keep banging the rocks together Thomas. As you're obviously aware the louder you shout and the more insults the better your argument.

It was a hypothetical point that if england had been in scotland position , then you would have protested and potentially threatened legal action too.

QuoteAs for debating, keep banging the rocks together Thomas. As you're obviously aware the louder you shout and the more insults the better your argument.

:lol: Thats is a laugh.

You deflect onto questioning my grammer , and all other manner of diversions bullshit and innuendo because you are making a tit of yourself yet again.

Anyone else would have taken point about the english rugby organisation threatening legal action only late last year , took the piss out of scotland and then moved on.

...but not you nick.

You have to try and keep digging that hole as you are famous for doing.

In your own deluded mind you see yourself as some sort of legend who cant climb down , and have to keep digging away so you dont lose face.

Need i remind you  that you are the guy who on our old forum famously said , to roars of laughter and disbelief of all other forum members that in your opinion , glasgow wasnt in Britain"?

All because you once read a book called "asterix and the romans in britain" in primary school , and when it was pointed out historically geographically and politically how glasgow is indeed in britain and always has  been , you continued to argue the opposite to save face from the ridiculous position you have taken just like now.

...and you accuse me of banging rocks together? :lol:  :oops:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Major Sinic

Coming in on this one late since I arrived late, probably from watching too much rugby union.

I would like to just make the following observation. The cancellation of the England:France match changed nothing; England were to of their pool and France second so both had qualified whatever the outcome for the quarters. Certainly fans were disappointed and a friend who went to Japan was spitting feathers.

However had they cancelled the Japan:Scotland match, they were depriving Scotland of the chance, albeit very slim, of knocking Ireland to third in the pool and qualifying for the quarters. Such a decision would have made a mockery of the Rugby World Cup.

I agree with Thomas on this occasion; with the danger of extreme weather conditions Japan was an unwise choice to host it, and more should have been done to arrange alternative venues.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=684 time=1571121162 user_id=58
Quote from: Nick post_id=667 time=1571089002 user_id=73

I know your grammar is shocking but I thought you could read at least.

please forgive me. Im not english and english isnt my language but i do try. :roll:
 NO England players were involved in any dispute with World rugby,

Neither are any scotland players so what are you talking about?

It was the scottish rugby organisation , just like it was an english rugby organisation late last year , who threatened legal action.

Quoteit was independent clubs that just happened to play in England.

:lol:    The scottish rugby organisation we talked about just happens to be based in scotland too. :lol:  :lol:  

They have players like Faf de Klerk who is South African.

Both rugby and football clubs in many countries are overbrimming with foreign born players? And your point is?

Scotland were putting pride before the safety of fans, if you can't see that you need help.

See my earlier posts. The questions raised internationally about holding the tournament in japan at this time of year and lack of apparent organisation and thought.

I see you dodged my earlier question , if it was england wouldnt you have protested?

Many commentators , especially the italians have said if it was the tournament favourites  on the verge of going out due to a cancellation then most definetly the game would have been rescheduled.

Honestly nick , you must be one of the poorest debaters i have come across on my years on the interwebby.

Talk about desperately wriggling on a hook.

To answer your question no England DIDN'T protest. Clearly you're unaware England had their game postponed, the difference being we won all our games before so weren't desperate like Scotland.

As for debating, keep banging the rocks together Thomas. As you're obviously aware the louder you shout and the more insults the better your argument.