Rugby Union WC

Started by Cassie, October 11, 2019, 11:26:20 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=667 time=1571089002 user_id=73

I know your grammar is shocking but I thought you could read at least.

please forgive me. Im not english and english isnt my language but i do try. :roll:
 NO England players were involved in any dispute with World rugby,

Neither are any scotland players so what are you talking about?

It was the scottish rugby organisation , just like it was an english rugby organisation late last year , who threatened legal action.

Quoteit was independent clubs that just happened to play in England.

:lol:    The scottish rugby organisation we talked about just happens to be based in scotland too. :lol:  :lol:  

They have players like Faf de Klerk who is South African.

Both rugby and football clubs in many countries are overbrimming with foreign born players? And your point is?

Scotland were putting pride before the safety of fans, if you can't see that you need help.

See my earlier posts. The questions raised internationally about holding the tournament in japan at this time of year and lack of apparent organisation and thought.

I see you dodged my earlier question , if it was england wouldnt you have protested?

Many commentators , especially the italians have said if it was the tournament favourites  on the verge of going out due to a cancellation then most definetly the game would have been rescheduled.

Honestly nick , you must be one of the poorest debaters i have come across on my years on the interwebby.

Talk about desperately wriggling on a hook.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=640 time=1571080124 user_id=58
Quote from: Nick post_id=629 time=1571078490 user_id=73

This is club rugby, I don't watch Union club rugby.

I didnt ask what rugby you watched. Nothing to do with my point. Deflection.
Again there is a big difference raising a dispute over compensation for international injuries and threatening legal action over the weather where 36 people have died. I'm amazed you can't see the difference.

You simply mentioned threatening legal action against world rugby in your earlier post and made out scotland was wrong and i simply pointed out your countries premier rugby competition did it late last year , and you go into meltdown and start deflecting. :lol:

Quotethreatening legal action over the weather where 36 people have died.

see my earlier posts in the thread where i specifically raised the issue commentators and countries around the world have mentioned the viability of giving world rugbys premier competition to a country that has such severe weather that it kills people and potentially threatens games. Hence scotlands threat of legal action and italys complaints and severe unhappiness to name but a few.

QuoteIt also looks like it does not involve English players so again, nowt to do with Rugby England.

What the english rugby premiership is nothing to do with england? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Must try harder nick. Sharp as a ten bob bit so you are .

I know your grammar is shocking but I thought you could read at least.

Rugby England is the English international side, the Premiership is club rugby ruled by the RFU. NO England players were involved in any dispute with World rugby, it was independent clubs that just happened to play in England. They have players like Faf de Klerk who is South African. So what has this got to do with the England Rugby side? Nothing, and like I said hours ago, Rugby England would never threaten legal action against World Rugby. Because we signed up to the rules before hand.

Scotland were putting pride before the safety of fans, if you can't see that you need help.

World Rugby response to Scotland's threat.

https://japantoday.com/category/rugby-world-cup-2019/world-rugby-slams-scotland-legal-threat-over-typhoon-hit-game">https://japantoday.com/category/rugby-w ... n-hit-game">https://japantoday.com/category/rugby-world-cup-2019/world-rugby-slams-scotland-legal-threat-over-typhoon-hit-game

And here is the REAL story behind the Club rugby where legal action was not threatened, just withholding players.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/14/world-cup-squads-premiership-players-insurance">https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... -insurance">https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/14/world-cup-squads-premiership-players-insurance

As for the Typhoon all the English put a fiver in a pot and paid for it. Didn't need it in the end as Japan put sorry old Scotland to the sword.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=629 time=1571078490 user_id=73

This is club rugby, I don't watch Union club rugby.

I didnt ask what rugby you watched. Nothing to do with my point. Deflection.
Again there is a big difference raising a dispute over compensation for international injuries and threatening legal action over the weather where 36 people have died. I'm amazed you can't see the difference.

You simply mentioned threatening legal action against world rugby in your earlier post and made out scotland was wrong and i simply pointed out your countries premier rugby competition did it late last year , and you go into meltdown and start deflecting. :lol:

Quotethreatening legal action over the weather where 36 people have died.

see my earlier posts in the thread where i specifically raised the issue commentators and countries around the world have mentioned the viability of giving world rugbys premier competition to a country that has such severe weather that it kills people and potentially threatens games. Hence scotlands threat of legal action and italys complaints and severe unhappiness to name but a few.

QuoteIt also looks like it does not involve English players so again, nowt to do with Rugby England.

What the english rugby premiership is nothing to do with england? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Must try harder nick. Sharp as a ten bob bit so you are .

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=610 time=1571073890 user_id=58
Quote from: Nick post_id=605 time=1571072436 user_id=73

Jeez, just cause you shout long and loud Thomas doesn't make you right. This is club rugby FFS and nothing to do with Rugby England.

I could post a link to the miners strike if you want, it's just as relevant as your pathetic attempt to muddy with waters with Club Rugby issues.

Stop trying to deflect and wriggle on the hook of your own making. :lol:

You clearly said

QuoteThere is complaining and then there is threatening to take the world governing body to court.
[/b]

And i posted a link showing the top english domestic rugby body and sporting competition threatening to take world rugby to court merely at the end of last year.

Doesnt matter the intricate details of it , clearly you are ignoring an english body doing the same thing you are bleating about a scottish body threatening to do.

If threatening to take world rubgy to court is such a bad thing in your book , then quite clearly you should be condemning english premiership along with scottish rugby for both doing the very thing you are bleating about. :hattip  :?

This is club rugby, I don't watch Union club rugby. Again there is a big difference raising a dispute over compensation for international injuries and threatening legal action over the weather where 36 people have died. I'm amazed you can't see the difference.

It also looks like it does not involve English players so again, nowt to do with Rugby England. 😂

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=605 time=1571072436 user_id=73

Jeez, just cause you shout long and loud Thomas doesn't make you right. This is club rugby FFS and nothing to do with Rugby England.

I could post a link to the miners strike if you want, it's just as relevant as your pathetic attempt to muddy with waters with Club Rugby issues.

Stop trying to deflect and wriggle on the hook of your own making. :lol:

You clearly said

QuoteThere is complaining and then there is threatening to take the world governing body to court.
[/b]

And i posted a link showing the top english domestic rugby body and sporting competition threatening to take world rugby to court merely at the end of last year.

Doesnt matter the intricate details of it , clearly you are ignoring an english body doing the same thing you are bleating about a scottish body threatening to do.

If threatening to take world rubgy to court is such a bad thing in your book , then quite clearly you should be condemning english premiership along with scottish rugby for both doing the very thing you are bleating about. :hattip  :?

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=515 time=1571034027 user_id=58
Quote from: Nick post_id=488 time=1570996737 user_id=73

There is complaining and then there is threatening to take the world governing body to court. I can categorically tell you Rugby England would not have threatened legal action. Scotland just looked stupid and alienated them selves against all the other teams.

:lol:

Nick , it was only at the tail end of last year when Englands premiership rugby threatened to take world rugby to court :D

QuotePremiership issues World Rugby with legal threat as insurance row escalates
[/b]

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/21/premiership-world-rugby-player-insurance-legal-threat">https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... gal-threat">https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/21/premiership-world-rugby-player-insurance-legal-threat

So what are you saying , its ok when  english rugby threatens world rugby with legal action but just not scotland? :lol:

Honestly nick give it up , you are making yourself look stupid in your puerile defence of world rugby. They have made themselves look stupid yet again , the tournament by consensus outwith nick in england was on the verge of disintegrating into farce , and the weather saved them at the last minute.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=499 time=1571003111 user_id=62
Japan 28- 21 Scotland

Looks like wooden spoon time again for Scotland

This is all so reminiscent of last summers fitba world cup borkie. Remember when we were told this is it boys this is englands year after they beat panama palm tree united 6 - 0 while mocking scotland and then it all went horribly wrong.

You never learn. :lol:

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=488 time=1570996737 user_id=73

There is complaining and then there is threatening to take the world governing body to court. I can categorically tell you Rugby England would not have threatened legal action. Scotland just looked stupid and alienated them selves against all the other teams.

:lol:

Nick , it was only at the tail end of last year when Englands premiership rugby threatened to take world rugby to court :D

QuotePremiership issues World Rugby with legal threat as insurance row escalates
[/b]

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/21/premiership-world-rugby-player-insurance-legal-threat">https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... gal-threat">https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/21/premiership-world-rugby-player-insurance-legal-threat

So what are you saying , its ok when  english rugby threatens world rugby with legal action but just not scotland? :lol:

Honestly nick give it up , you are making yourself look stupid in your puerile defence of world rugby. They have made themselves look stupid yet again , the tournament by consensus outwith nick in england was on the verge of disintegrating into farce , and the weather saved them at the last minute.

Streetwalker

Japan 28- 21 Scotland

Actually borkie Canada got that . Lost 3 games quite heavily then had Saturdays game called off and declared 0-0 against Nambia . Their results would indicate they  may have got something out of that .

But hey ho , rules are rules and where would we be without rules  ?  

ans (France) .

Nick

Japan 28- 21 Scotland

😂

Borchester

Japan 28- 21 Scotland

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=473 time=1570989544 user_id=58
Quote from: Nick post_id=472 time=1570988852 user_id=73
People have died, the safety of the fans is paramount.

Aye we know.  Thats the whole point of many of the discussions and arguments that took place before we found out the game would go ahead.

Why give it  to a country that has a record of typhoons at this time of year  , and with ten years or more to plan ahead , why couldnt they have forseen the possibility of such an event and organised it better?

If this was england wouldnt you have complained? World rugbys reputation , such as it was , is in tatters as people talk more about off field events than on field.

QuoteAs for no choice, Scotland had the choice to take it or leave, they chose to take it.

No the choice was to accept the pre imposed rules or not participate.

In your original post i quoted , you made it sound like they had all discussed what would happen over tea and biscuits and all agreed on the way forward when that wasnt the case.

QuoteUnless you have any dialogue where Scotland challenged the rule before hand stop moaning.

What the way you moaned about gettin humped in the wales game in august , or the way you spent 33 years moaning about maradonnas hand of god in the fitba world cup?

Im not moaning , im echoing the narrative or the world media and many rugby organisations and fans that are ridiculing world rugbys organisation of this tournament.

Im not even a rugby fan and i can see they are coming under intense pressure and criticism from countries around the world.

Quote As it happened they gave no excuses.

What you talking about? The game happened despite world rugby  , not because of them and their idiotic organisation and poorly judged rules.

Dont worry nick , the next time you morris dancers start bleating about how unfair life is , be sure i will be here to flag it up to you.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=472 time=1570988852 user_id=73

Aye we know.  Thats the whole point of many of the discussions and arguments that took place before we found out the game would go ahead.

Why give it  to a country that has a record of typhoons at this time of year  , and with ten years or more to plan ahead , why couldnt they have forseen the possibility of such an event and organised it better?

If this was england wouldnt you have complained? World rugbys reputation , such as it was , is in tatters as people talk more about off field events than on field.

QuoteAs for no choice, Scotland had the choice to take it or leave, they chose to take it.

No the choice was to accept the pre imposed rules or not participate.

In your original post i quoted , you made it sound like they had all discussed what would happen over tea and biscuits and all agreed on the way forward when that wasnt the case.

QuoteUnless you have any dialogue where Scotland challenged the rule before hand stop moaning.

What the way you moaned about gettin humped in the wales game in august , or the way you spent 33 years moaning about maradonnas hand of god in the fitba world cup?

Im not moaning , im echoing the narrative or the world media and many rugby organisations and fans that are ridiculing world rugbys organisation of this tournament.

Im not even a rugby fan and i can see they are coming under intense pressure and criticism from countries around the world.

Quote As it happened they gave no excuses.

What you talking about? The game happened despite world rugby  , not because of them and their idiotic organisation and poorly judged rules.

Dont worry nick , the next time you morris dancers start bleating about how unfair life is , be sure i will be here to flag it up to you.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas post_id=449 time=1570979851 user_id=58
Quote from: Nick post_id=441 time=1570978170 user_id=73
All 20 countries signed up knowing the rules in advance.

Some just want to change them when something might go against them.

The rules were dictated to the teams and they had no choice in the matter. It wasnt just scotland , sergio parisse , the italian captain as well as the media in many countries were scathing of world rugby and their "rules" .

Some just want to change them when something might go against them.

I know nick because you morris dancers would never ever go bleating about something you dont agree with would you?

I mean eddie jones is one of the biggest whingers in world rugby. When george north scored his "contentious " try against you when wales humped you 13-6 back in august , Eddie jones and the england team bleated that much about the referreing of pascal gauzere that world rugby changed the rule on replacements taking the field before the game could restart.

So dont come out wae that auld crap nick.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/rugby-world-cup-2019-wales-vs-england-george-north-try-rules-laws-changed-hia-avoid-repeat-a9074111.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 74111.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/rugby-world-cup-2019-wales-vs-england-george-north-try-rules-laws-changed-hia-avoid-repeat-a9074111.html

As for no choice, Scotland had the choice to take it or leave, they chose to take it. Unless you have any dialogue where Scotland challenged the rule before hand stop moaning. As it happened they gave no excuses.

Streetwalker

I might of been there though of course would have been in the posh seats not among the rabble