Rugby Union WC

Started by Cassie, October 11, 2019, 11:26:20 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=465 time=1570985771 user_id=53
Well we probably have more than most but in the main we could do with a few more . Pretty much always been like than though , we used to be called London Scottish in the 70's but with the free movement of players from Europe we have ended up with all sorts .

I remember when i first started going to football in the eighties and we got infiltrated by a load of your fellow countrymen when your country got banned from euro football.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Well we probably have more than most but in the main we could do with a few more . Pretty much always been like than though , we used to be called London Scottish in the 70's but with the free movement of players from Europe we have ended up with all sorts .

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=455 time=1570982728 user_id=53

Next weekend Ill be hoping we beat Cromwells mob , the rugby will be a minor consideration .

Dont really follow english football streetwalker either.

Whats your team called again.....dagenham palace?

Is there any english football players left in england? ;)

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas post_id=437 time=1570977092 user_id=58
Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=419 time=1570967491 user_id=53
Bet Scotland wish the game was cancelled now .

Not really streetwalker. Thats what i love about sporting tournaments , the ability of scotland the nation to compete and have recognition around the world as an independent nation free of your union jack shackles.

Not a rugby fan myself , sad we are out though . Although there are rugby clubs all over scotland  , traditionally it is the sport of the southern scottish and posh edinburgh boys.

:hattip  :lol:

anyway , bet you are hoping for another super typhoon next week when you take on crocodile dundee and the kangaroo boys.

Next weekend Ill be hoping we beat Cromwells mob , the rugby will be a minor consideration .

Thomas

Quote from: Nick post_id=441 time=1570978170 user_id=73
All 20 countries signed up knowing the rules in advance.

Some just want to change them when something might go against them.

The rules were dictated to the teams and they had no choice in the matter. It wasnt just scotland , sergio parisse , the italian captain as well as the media in many countries were scathing of world rugby and their "rules" .

I know nick because you morris dancers would never ever go bleating about something you dont agree with would you?

I mean eddie jones is one of the biggest whingers in world rugby. When george north scored his "contentious " try against you when wales humped you 13-6 back in august , Eddie jones and the england team bleated that much about the referreing of pascal gauzere that world rugby changed the rule on replacements taking the field before the game could restart.

So dont come out wae that auld crap nick.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/rugby-world-cup-2019-wales-vs-england-george-north-try-rules-laws-changed-hia-avoid-repeat-a9074111.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 74111.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/rugby-world-cup-2019-wales-vs-england-george-north-try-rules-laws-changed-hia-avoid-repeat-a9074111.html

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=447 time=1570979316 user_id=69

One never knows how well or bad a nation may play on the day, like any contest there has to be a winner and a loser

come on australia. Thats all i have to say.

Churchill

Quote from: Thomas post_id=433 time=1570975615 user_id=58
Quote from: Churchill post_id=431 time=1570975431 user_id=69

We have Australia next weekend , you have to pack and away hame

I know churchill but thats the great thing about sporting tournaments.

No matter how bad we are , we know you normally follow right behind us on the plane shortly after.

:hattip  :D

One never knows how well or bad a nation may play on the day, like any contest there has to be a winner and a loser
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Nick

All 20 countries signed up knowing the rules in advance.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=419 time=1570967491 user_id=53

Not really streetwalker. Thats what i love about sporting tournaments , the ability of scotland the nation to compete and have recognition around the world as an independent nation free of your union jack shackles.

Not a rugby fan myself , sad we are out though . Although there are rugby clubs all over scotland  , traditionally it is the sport of the southern scottish and posh edinburgh boys.

:hattip  :lol:

anyway , bet you are hoping for another super typhoon next week when you take on crocodile dundee and the kangaroo boys.

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=431 time=1570975431 user_id=69

I know churchill but thats the great thing about sporting tournaments.

No matter how bad we are , we know you normally follow right behind us on the plane shortly after.

:hattip  :D

Churchill

Quote from: Cassie post_id=425 time=1570970832 user_id=57
There will be some tired muscles, headaches and bruises after that! What a great match to watch, Japan through as group winner,Scotland go home.

It is probably the best contest that I have seen for years, Japans defence was superb their commitment and fitness is second to none they really are a side to be treated with respect
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

Quote from: Thomas post_id=399 time=1570962829 user_id=58
Quote from: Churchill post_id=396 time=1570962467 user_id=69
That is why I am supporting Japan :lol:

I don't care who beats France at anything either as long as somebody does  :lol:

At any sporting tournament there is normally two bits of interest for me  , how well scotland do  and who humps engerlund. :hattip

I love france, and ireland of course.

Apart from that i support whoever england is playing. :lol:

sorry no much of a rugby fan to be honest, but anyways hope you have a shite tournament as ever. :D

I like Ireland been many times my passion is fishing , toying with buying a holiday place on the West coast spend the summer there fishing relaxing recharging the batteries  then back to England for the winter.

Cassie

There will be some tired muscles, headaches and bruises after that! What a great match to watch, Japan through as group winner,Scotland go home.

Cassie

They would have gone out anyway.

Streetwalker