Rugby Union WC

Started by Cassie, October 11, 2019, 11:26:20 AM

« previous - next »

Cassie

14-7 to Japan. If Japan win with 4 points, they will top the group leaving Ireland playing New Zealand next round. Ireland will be supporting Scotland!

Cassie

RIP go those who have lost their lives and a safe return to the ones who are still missing. Here we go!

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=396 time=1570962467 user_id=69
That is why I am supporting Japan :lol:

I don't care who beats France at anything either as long as somebody does  :lol:

At any sporting tournament there is normally two bits of interest for me  , how well scotland do  and who humps engerlund. :hattip

I love france, and ireland of course.

Apart from that i support whoever england is playing. :lol:

sorry no much of a rugby fan to be honest, but anyways hope you have a shite tournament as ever. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Cassie

Quote from: Churchill post_id=396 time=1570962467 user_id=69

I don't care who beats France at anything either as long as somebody does  :lol:

I don't understand that!

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=373 time=1570958639 user_id=69

I am looking forward to this game I enjoy Rugby I have no interest in football at all, I hope you enjoy the game I will be rooting for Japan  :hattip

never watched a game of rugby in my life churchill. Hope scotland win but i won t be watching.

I hope you enjoy the game I will be rooting for Japan

You know what we say in scotland......anyone but england! :hattip

Thomas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=373 time=1570958639 user_id=69

Rugby over the years has become very popular in Japan holding the World Cup in Japan gives the wider population of Japan who for one reason or another cannot travel to the other side of the world to actually take part in the tournament, by being there feeling to atmosphere  and meeting like minded people from around the world.

No matter in which country the World Cup  or other sporting events is held in the one factor that cannot be organised is the weather, we have sporting events postponed due to weather during the year, fog, snow, torrential rain, even strikes,

I am looking forward to this game I enjoy Rugby I have no interest in football at all, I hope you enjoy the game I will be rooting for Japan  :hattip

Dont agree with you at all.

Im not having a pop at japan or the japanese people , nor am i mocking their rugby credentials.

....but when the headlines for world rugbys top tournament is about weather , deaths and potential legal action over postponed games , rather than the action on the field of play , then you have to question why the tournament was hosted in japan at this time of year.

I think typhoons and earthquakes mate are a far cry from a bit of snow , rain or strikes dont you?

There simply isnt any comparison.

Thomas

Quote from: Cassie post_id=372 time=1570958527 user_id=57
Many countries in the Middle East love football, I'm sure the fans will love it. To an extent I can see why it is favourable to have different regions holding top events, but sometimes, it is just ridiculous. Qatar is 55th in the world rankings.

Come on cassie. How did qatar get to be 55th in the world rankings , by beating the islamic republic of camel herders 15 - 0 6 times a year?

We saw this "positive discrimination" at hand during the last world cup ,when a disporportionate amount of african teams were allowed to qualify for the group stage , and the vast majority never made it past the group stage and were nothing more than group fodder.

Meanwhile european teams like italy failed to qualify through the extremely tough european qualification groups.

It was a feckin joke , and so is the world rankings.

As for hosting the event . no i dont think it favourable hosting world footballs top tournament in some backward empty desert .It will beinteresting to see if any of the locals actually turn out , maybe fifa will pay them to go to the games.

Churchill

Quote from: Thomas post_id=359 time=1570957025 user_id=58
Quote from: Cassie post_id=354 time=1570956502 user_id=57
Takes the pleasure out of it when 18 people have been killed by the typhoon and dozens injured.

Exactly. So with ten years of planning , and over  a century of detailed weather data to go on , you have to ask why japan was chosen at this time of the year to host an international sporting tournament.?

We now have a tournament that was verging on farce and legal action , it has been tarnished to a degree because of it .

As i said   im no a rugby fan , although obviously i want scotland to win.

However this tarnishing of world rugbys top tournament  due to poor host choice leaves me with a feeling of trepidation about what will be faced during the next football world cup in qatar.

Rugby over the years has become very popular in Japan holding the World Cup in Japan gives the wider population of Japan who for one reason or another cannot travel to the other side of the world to actually take part in the tournament, by being there feeling to atmosphere  and meeting like minded people from around the world.

No matter in which country the World Cup  or other sporting events is held in the one factor that cannot be organised is the weather, we have sporting events postponed due to weather during the year, fog, snow, torrential rain, even strikes,

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Cassie

Many countries in the Middle East love football, I'm sure the fans will love it. To an extent I can see why it is favourable to have different regions holding top events, but sometimes, it is just ridiculous. Qatar is 55th in the world rankings.

Thomas

Quote from: Cassie post_id=365 time=1570957319 user_id=57

Qatar should never have been awarded the WC. We have all this argument about climate change and we put two top events in a country that is too hot to host them, so the stadia have to air-conditioned.

in my opinion its a perfect example of the sheer utter corruption at the top of world sport.

Give it a few more years and the touranment will be getting hosted in some war torn african banana republic , and every team will have to have a quota of black and ethnic minority players and transgender goalkeepers.

I didnt even know qatar played football. Whoever is in their group it will be like a cricket score playing them unless fifa backhander their opponents to get them through to the last 16.

Cassie

Quote from: Thomas post_id=359 time=1570957025 user_id=58
Takes the pleasure out of it when 18 people have been killed by the typhoon and dozens injured.

Exactly. So with ten years of planning , and over  a century of detailed weather data to go on , you have to ask why japan was chosen at this time of the year to host an international sporting tournament.?

We now have a tournament that was verging on farce and legal action , it has been tarnished to a degree because of it .

However this tarnishing of world rugbys top tournament  due to poor host choice leaves me with a feeling of trepidation about what will be faced during the next football world cup in qatar.

Qatar should never have been awarded the WC. We have all this argument about climate change and we put two top events in a country that is too hot to host them, so the stadia have to air-conditioned.

Churchill

Yes thousands made homeless or flooded out some are still missing feared dead the Japanese and other nations in that part of the world are used to dealing with Typhoons roaring high velocity winds and huge waves hitting their shores, but there is a limit to what they can do to combat the force of Mother Nature.

The will rebuild once again as they always do

Thomas

Cassie