Latest crackpot idea from government. Book appointments at A&E via NHS 111.

Started by papasmurf, September 17, 2020, 12:49:47 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 18, 2020, 10:23:44 AM
Of course we had real doctors in those days.

Some years ago I had a phone call from my mother's GP.
He was worried about a small lump and scarring  on mothers neck and did I know the origin of it. (All of the medical records for the practice had been burned in an arson attack in 1982.) My mother had got very frail.
I answered I knew exactly what it was, it was when there was GP who had been a surgeon in the practice, back in World War 2.
He removed a large lump from my mothers neck using the kitchen table in the farmhouse as an operating table.
My mother was then in her 20s and did not cark it until she was 87, so he must have done something right.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 17, 2020, 08:50:53 PM

So if you read it, and you knew that the article categorically stated that those in life threatening need should still dial 999, why is your opening post claiming the people behind this know nothing of the "golden hour"

Sorry, I misread that as "golden shower" and had a vision of exhausted and exasperated staff looking at the regular hypochondriacs clogging up the Outpatients and piddling all over them.

It all seems a long time since Dr Newman asked what I was doing in her surgery and I replied that it was because I had a cold and she said well sod off because she did not want to catch it. Of course we had real doctors in those days.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 17, 2020, 08:50:53 PM

And you've got one of these https://cornwallairambulancetrust.org/ just like we have.

If it isn't busy, which with the carnage on the roads of recent months meaning it probably will be busy.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2020, 12:57:14 PM
Quote from: johnofgwent on September 17, 2020, 12:54:05 PM
clearly you didn't actually read the story before you posted.

I did, but given the bad experiences people have had with NHS111 they will still dial 999.

So if you read it, and you knew that the article categorically stated that those in life threatening need should still dial 999, why is your opening post claiming the people behind this know nothing of the "golden hour"

And you've got one of these https://cornwallairambulancetrust.org/ just like we have.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 02:36:24 PM
111 is often rumoured to get you seen faster than 999

That would not surprise me at all. But both can be hours not minutes where I live.

Borg Refinery

111 is often rumoured to get you seen faster than 999

It depends on how booked up they are as always, of course.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 17, 2020, 12:54:05 PM

I did, but given the bad experiences people have had with NHS111 they will still dial 999.

johnofgwent

the sky news page quite categorically says "People with a life-threatening condition should still call 999. The new system will see NHS 111 workers direct patients to the most clinically appropriate service, including A&Es, urgent treatment centres, GP surgeries or mental health care."

It's actually trying ot stop the queue of people with splinters clogging up the rest of the system.

It won't work in wales because a) they don't send ambulances to resuscitated patients as my wife and i found on 13/12/19 and b) thee are no alternative facilities. Dying int he street or your own home is the new JNHS normal

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

The idiots that govern us have obviously never heard of the "golden hour" to stabilise a casualty in an emergency.
It could take longer than that to get a phone call to NHS 111 answered.
More at link:-
https://news.sky.com/story/patients-urged-to-book-a-e-appointments-through-nhs-111-as-emergency-services-tackle-winter-pressures-12073568

Thursday 17 September 2020 03:25, UK

Patients urged to book A&E appointments through NHS 111 as emergency services tackle winter pressures