Home Office immigration unit has 'no idea' - MPs

Started by papasmurf, September 18, 2020, 06:53:13 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2020, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 18, 2020, 08:56:38 AM

OK then a load of anti Brexit waffle from a  Labour chaired committee  taken up by the BBC as gospel .

Who chairs a select committee is irrelevant they all have to sign off on any report, if there is a dispute that has to be made public domain.

Who are they all ? 

papasmurf

OK then a load of anti Brexit waffle from a  Labour chaired committee  taken up by the BBC as gospel .

Who chairs a select committee is irrelevant they all have to sign off on any report, if there is a dispute that has to be made public domain.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2020, 08:34:21 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 18, 2020, 08:12:52 AM
Anti brexit article from the BBC , a load of waffle that draws its own conclusions from its own bias reporting .

It is comment from the Public Accounts Committee not a made up story by the BBC.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/119248/home-office-has-no-idea-of-the-impact-of-immigration-policies/

I ask you the headline  '' The government has no idea of the numbers of illegal immigration'' Feck me they needed a committee to work that out ?
Recommendation  ,bla bla bla ,this should include analysis by age ,length of time in the UK and whether they entered the UK as illegal immigrants ???

Right all illegals step forward , we need to count you for our records . OK thanks , whats your age ?   

We actually pay these people good money
They all knew that 10 years ago, like somehow it is a revelation.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2020, 08:34:21 AM
Anti brexit article from the BBC , a load of waffle that draws its own conclusions from its own bias reporting .

It is comment from the Public Accounts Committee not a made up story by the BBC.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/119248/home-office-has-no-idea-of-the-impact-of-immigration-policies/

I ask you the headline  '' The government has no idea of the numbers of illegal immigration'' Feck me they needed a committee to work that out ?
Recommendation  ,bla bla bla ,this should include analysis by age ,length of time in the UK and whether they entered the UK as illegal immigrants ???

Right all illegals step forward , we need to count you for our records . OK thanks , whats your age ?   

We actually pay these people good money

papasmurf

Streetwalker

papasmurf

I doubt this is news to anyone.  The Home Office immigration unit has had  'no idea' for a long time.

More at link:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54199535

Home Office immigration unit has 'no idea' - MPs
By Dominic Casciani
Home affairs correspondent
3 hours ago

The Home Office has "no idea" what its £400m-a-year immigration enforcement unit achieves, meaning it is unprepared for Brexit, MPs have warned.

The cross-party Public Accounts Committee said a lack of diversity at the top of the department also risked a repeat of the Windrush scandal.

Its policies may be based purely on "assumption and prejudice", it warned.