A Forum cabinet - just for fun

Started by T00ts, September 18, 2020, 04:51:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 10:25:44 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 10:13:25 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 10:05:26 AM
I guess you should ask toots as you didn't get a seat on the committee SRB, not my problem. I don't think she is wild about the Islington brothers and sisters anyway. I get the feeling they rather make her wild though.

Sheepy - while I remain PM I realise that thus far you haven't been appointed to a Cabinet role. Now I recognise your exceptional talents at
communication so while Trade discussions linger with the EU might I offer you lead negotiator?
You don't need me Toots, at a guess the EU is about to have a revelation. Unless of course they want to underestimate the power of democracy through populism once again, I don't think they fancy La Farage doing the talking.

Perhaps but a good strong Baaaaa in their faces might just hurry them along a tad. Success in this role could well result in greater things for resilient wool covered talent.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 10:13:25 AM
I guess you should ask toots as you didn't get a seat on the committee SRB, not my problem. I don't think she is wild about the Islington brothers and sisters anyway. I get the feeling they rather make her wild though.

Sheepy - while I remain PM I realise that thus far you haven't been appointed to a Cabinet role. Now I recognise your exceptional talents at
communication so while Trade discussions linger with the EU might I offer you lead negotiator?
You don't need me Toots, at a guess the EU is about to have a revelation. Unless of course they want to underestimate the power of democracy through populism once again, I don't think they fancy La Farage doing the talking.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 19, 2020, 10:18:04 AM
Sheepy should be minister for agriculture and meat marketing.

SRB, you should have a look through the member list, you might be surprised at how many left of centre members there are. If everyone to the right of you is right wing, yes that might be the whole forum!

I don't know SRB except by his posts - which do worry me at times. However keeping friends close etc makes sense so perhaps Minister of Transport might be a good fit.

Sheepy on the farm worries me a little. I am hoping for a front bench without sleaze.  :)

Barry

Sheepy should be minister for agriculture and meat marketing.

SRB, you should have a look through the member list, you might be surprised at how many left of centre members there are. If everyone to the right of you is right wing, yes that might be the whole forum!
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 09:47:30 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:20:48 AM

You no listen, the people are sovereign, even in this little backwater.
You no listen either. This little backwater is itself in no way representative of the people when the right so vastly outnumbers the left here. That is my point. It is only a small minority of voices here who prevent this place from becoming a boring right wing echo chamber. That is not representative of wider reality out there with it's much more diverse and even spread of views.
well I obviously do listen, but that has obviously escaped you, its no big deal. Don't spread your bi-polar and you will be fine. Lighten up. Don't be an angry chav. Then you might have more friends.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:20:48 AM

You no listen, the people are sovereign, even in this little backwater.
You no listen either. This little backwater is itself in no way representative of the people when the right so vastly outnumbers the left here. That is my point. It is only a small minority of voices here who prevent this place from becoming a boring right wing echo chamber. That is not representative of wider reality out there with it's much more diverse and even spread of views.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Sod Welsh Minister

I want the Ministry of Justice

On a mandate of restoring hanging for the crime of rape.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 08:12:07 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 07:58:29 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 07:51:48 AM
I would seriously struggle to form a cabinet of forum members because there are so few genuinely progressive ones.

Assuming I'd be Prime Minister I'd probably have Dynamis as chancellor. Papasmurf could be minister for welfare and pensions. After that I am starting to struggle. Perhaps Cromwell as housing minister. BYT as minister for Scotland. I guess after that I'd be going for least bad options, and that is too difficult to get my head around. There are not enough suitable candidates here from a progressive perspective.

If nothing else, this little exercise has made me aware of how much the right outnumber the left around here.
What that has to do with my point about how right wingers greatly outnumber left wingers around here, I am struggling to understand.
One vote one person all votes are equal, left and right is a farce. The majority had spoken and as a true populist my duty was to honour that vote. Progressives are just another incarnation of my vote is more important than yours.
You no listen, the people are sovereign, even in this little backwater, it makes no difference to me who your political heroes are they are a farce anyway. Pinko Commies, progressives, right wing, left wing, SNP, neo liberals thinking they are god, if a collective decision is made by a majority it is my duty to carry it out. As a populist.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 07:58:29 AMOne vote one person all votes are equal, left and right is a farce. The majority had spoken and as a true populist my duty was to honour that vote. Progressives are just another incarnation of my vote is more important than yours.

What that has to do with my point about how right wingers greatly outnumber left wingers around here, I am struggling to understand.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 07:51:48 AM
I would seriously struggle to form a cabinet of forum members because there are so few genuinely progressive ones.

Assuming I'd be Prime Minister I'd probably have Dynamis as chancellor. Papasmurf could be minister for welfare and pensions. After that I am starting to struggle. Perhaps Cromwell as housing minister. BYT as minister for Scotland. I guess after that I'd be going for least bad options, and that is too difficult to get my head around. There are not enough suitable candidates here from a progressive perspective.

If nothing else, this little exercise has made me aware of how much the right outnumber the left around here.
One vote one person all votes are equal, left and right is a farce. The majority had spoken and as a true populist my duty was to honour that vote. Progressives are just another incarnation of my vote is more important than yours.

srb7677

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 18, 2020, 08:11:10 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 18, 2020, 08:08:38 PMDD don't be difficult - just think of the salary. Aren't you one who would like FPTP done away with? A coalition would be the only form of government possible. This could be it!   

No, no, no, you're mixing me up with those pinko commies like Dynamics. I'm the one with Mussolini's picture on my office wall

Oil !! That's my office you're talking about. I've got the train timetable showing he got them running to time too...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on September 18, 2020, 05:20:49 PM
Thats two days on the trot you have had a dig at toots, what next moaning about Borchesters bladder?

Not at all, although I'm sure the residents of half of north london have more to say about it than I do..

Quote from: Borchester on September 18, 2020, 10:07:05 PM

That said the first thing I will do as Chancellor will be to reduce the income tax and lower state benefits to balance that out. Apart from my £200 Christmas Coal Allowance of course. I further suggest that we make Pappy Leader of the Opposition with special responsibility for moaning about, well, everything

:) :)

Typical Tory taxman!
+++