A Forum cabinet - just for fun

Started by T00ts, September 18, 2020, 04:51:18 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 11:34:42 AMThe Dawg reads the Daily Fail FFS!

I take it this means I won't be getting a Christmas card then?

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 19, 2020, 01:38:31 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: Sampanviking on September 19, 2020, 01:19:35 PM
Damn! I have been passed over again.
But this is what happens when you don't learn how to lick arse at an early age......

I sorry you feel overlooked but there are plenty of role still available. We may run out of members before we have filled all the seats arounf the Cabinet table. Since you have 'viking' in your call sign perhaps fisheries could be your bag? I was expecting a take over bid for No 10 but it seems that just  like Westminster there is no-one prepared to put their head above the parapet.

Well I was thinking Gold and Silver, but Herring hmmm never turn up your nose over control of the Herring..... Anyone that wanted our Herring would need to deal with me..... yes... I like this.....

Good I thought you might - take a seat!

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 01:32:34 PM
But this is what happens when you don't learn how to lick arse at an early age......

I sorry you feel overlooked but there are plenty of role still available. We may run out of members before we have filled all the seats arounf the Cabinet table. Since you have 'viking' in your call sign perhaps fisheries could be your bag? I was expecting a take over bid for No 10 but it seems that just  like Westminster there is no-one prepared to put their head above the parapet.

Well I was thinking Gold and Silver, but Herring hmmm never turn up your nose over control of the Herring..... Anyone that wanted our Herring would need to deal with me..... yes... I like this.....

T00ts

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 07:51:48 AM
I would seriously struggle to form a cabinet of forum members because there are so few genuinely progressive ones.

That is because you are a leftie.

In 1945 Clement Attlee made Aneurin Bevan Minister for Health. And because if you want anything done you ask a busy man, Clem made the Welsh Windbag housing minister as well. As a result the NHS was up and running in a couple of years.

By and large the left always complains about lack of resources but as Attlee realised, it sometimes responds well to a good kick up the arse.
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 12:28:44 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 12:07:43 PM
I don't think Cromwell is left wing now no. He has moved to the right as he has gotten older.

...but that doesnt make you a right winger does it?

Everyone on this forum is to the right of you steve , but that doesnt make the forum right wing. I would say the majority on here are centre left , centrist , and a few small c conservatives. The only properly socially right winger but economically left is john of gwent.
I'm afraid I disagree but have no time to argue in detail as I need to leave for work. I may well look in upon my return later if not too tired.

ok , cromwell is and always has been centre left in the years online i have known him.

On certain issues , i would argue he has moved slightly more to the left . Probably the one major issue i think you and him would disagree on is brexit...........you can support brexit as cromwell does but it doesnt necessarily make you a right winger.

You know this , because corbyn and old labour were anti EU to the core , and the labour parties policy on the eu only changed to pro european in the late eighties.

So how you can call cromwell a right winger is beyond me .

....and to me its shows as i keep saying how rabidly you have moved yourself to the extreme left over recent years when you consider everyone around you , including long time pro left wingers like cromwell "right wing".
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 12:11:05 PM
I don't think Cromwell is left wing now no. He has moved to the right as he has gotten older.

Everyone on this forum is to the right of you steve , but that doesnt make the forum right wing. I would say the majority on here are centre left , centrist , and a few small c conservatives. The only properly socially right winger but economically left is john of gwent.
I'm afraid I disagree but have no time to argue in detail as I need to leave for work. I may well look in upon my return later if not too tired.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 11:34:42 AM
It has nothing to do with who does or does not support the Labour Party. I have not always supported the Labour Party. And might not do so in the future. Plenty of left wingers at large out there do not support the Labour Party. And Deppity Dawg and Cromwell might well have supported Labour in the past but are hardly left wingers today. The Dawg reads the Daily Fail FFS! You are mistaking political leanings for party allegiance, which is all the more misplaced when referencing past leanings when it is present ones being referred to.

There simply are many more right wingers than left wingers here. That is not a whinge by the way, merely an observation

Sorry steve i completely disagree with you.

Reading this , anyone who is slightly to the right of the hard left is a right winger in your opinion.

...and cromwell not being left wing? :D
I don't think Cromwell is left wing now no. He has moved to the right as he has gotten older. Though he is not part of the rabid club of right wingers. He is generally reasonable. As is the Dawg, if a bit verbosely ranty on occasion.

But if you don't think the right greatly outnumbers the left on this forum, then can you tell me who the other left wingers are besides Papasmurf and Dynamis? The latter incidentally most of the time doesn't vote Labour, thereby demonstrating that you don't have to vote Labour to be left wing
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

It has nothing to do with who does or does not support the Labour Party. I have not always supported the Labour Party. And might not do so in the future. Plenty of left wingers at large out there do not support the Labour Party. And Deppity Dawg and Cromwell might well have supported Labour in the past but are hardly left wingers today. The Dawg reads the Daily Fail FFS! You are mistaking political leanings for party allegiance, which is all the more misplaced when referencing past leanings when it is present ones being referred to.

There simply are many more right wingers than left wingers here. That is not a whinge by the way, merely an observation

Sorry steve i completely disagree with you.

Reading this , anyone who is slightly to the right of the hard left is a right winger in your opinion.

...and cromwell not being left wing? :D

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 11:15:39 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 09:47:30 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:20:48 AM

You no listen, the people are sovereign, even in this little backwater.
You no listen either. This little backwater is itself in no way representative of the people when the right so vastly outnumbers the left here. That is my point. It is only a small minority of voices here who prevent this place from becoming a boring right wing echo chamber. That is not representative of wider reality out there with it's much more diverse and even spread of views.

Steve with respect this is starting to sound like you are whingeing again.

I wouldnt say this is some right wing forum.

There are many folk on here of differing nationalities , who vote for many different parties outwith the conservatives in differing countries.

There are quite a few ex labour voters on here like myself , deppity dawg and cromwell.

I think what you mean by a "right wing forum" essentially translates as no matter what your politics , left right centrist , or who you vote for ,the majority on here dont like or support your labour party ,and you find that difficult to deal with i think.

Now you see I don't agree. For me it seems that the forum has taken quite a turn left recently. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder!  :-*

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 11:15:39 AM

You no listen either. This little backwater is itself in no way representative of the people when the right so vastly outnumbers the left here. That is my point. It is only a small minority of voices here who prevent this place from becoming a boring right wing echo chamber. That is not representative of wider reality out there with it's much more diverse and even spread of views.

There are many folk on here of differing nationalities , who vote for many different parties outwith the conservatives in differing countries.

There are quite a few ex labour voters on here like myself , deppity dawg and cromwell.

I think what you mean by a "right wing forum" essentially translates as no matter what your politics , left right centrist , or who you vote for ,the majority on here dont like or support your labour party ,and you find that difficult to deal with i think.

Thomas

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 10:36:19 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 10:25:44 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 10:13:25 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 10:05:26 AM
I guess you should ask toots as you didn't get a seat on the committee SRB, not my problem. I don't think she is wild about the Islington brothers and sisters anyway. I get the feeling they rather make her wild though.

Sheepy - while I remain PM I realise that thus far you haven't been appointed to a Cabinet role. Now I recognise your exceptional talents at
communication so while Trade discussions linger with the EU might I offer you lead negotiator?
You don't need me Toots, at a guess the EU is about to have a revelation. Unless of course they want to underestimate the power of democracy through populism once again, I don't think they fancy La Farage doing the talking.

Perhaps but a good strong Baaaaa in their faces might just hurry them along a tad. Success in this role could well result in greater things for resilient wool covered talent.
well who knows toots maybe as a populist half my life has been spent being watched and I maybe already communicate at the highest levels.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!