A Forum cabinet - just for fun

Started by T00ts, September 18, 2020, 04:51:18 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Did anyone see the thread title - just for fun?
*rolls eyes*
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 20, 2020, 08:24:06 AM
Some people can be quite left wing on some issues and less so on others. Papasmurf for example comes across as pretty left wing on welfare issues, at least on the ones he addresses. And both you and he have frequently agreed with or thanked me for various posts here and there. And most of mine are left leaning. But if you do not identify as more left than right, my bad. I rarely see you agreeing with the rabid right around here, though, I have to say.

So?

John of gwent is pretty much economically to the left ,while being socially right , the old traits of the BNP.

Smurf is all over the place. About the only thing you have in common with him is being anti tory............its just you are slightly more eloquent about it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 20, 2020, 07:57:24 AM
I have not moved anywhere. I have always supported a moderate leftist agenda. And there is indeed nothing extreme about it.

You are far more hard left than i remember . I said to cromwell on here only yeasterday what has happened to you.......where has the polite guy who used to sit and patiently discuss with tory major sinic conservative party policy gone?

You are delusional steve.

There is nothing moderate left about the momentum cult that took over the labour party there for a while.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 20, 2020, 07:48:53 AM
I said no such thing.

You insinuated it.

QuoteYou are very fond of inventing paraphrases for people that have them saying something very different to anything they actually said.

I tell the truth , and speak as i find.

You on the "left" are very fond of skirting around many issues because you know you arent popular with the voting public.

The simple fact is , despite your protestations about the blairites in labour , of whom starmer belongs ,  you are more than happy to see them back in power with your support.
What I said was that whilst I mistrust Starmer, the jury is still out in terms of how Blairite he will be re policy. So I am watching and waiting.

I know what you  said , and i told you it was a load of old bollocks.

WTF do you mean the jury is out regarding starmer?

Thats must be one of the most laughable pieces of shite i have heard you ever write. Starmer was a key blairite figure who destroyed your parties general election campaign last year by taking an extrmely strong pro european stance. Behind the scenes , starmer and others in the blairite camp repeatedly forced corbyn and macdonnell , corbyn as we know being old school long time anti eu , to sit on the fence and come out with that disasterous laughable policy on the eu that the voters rejected overwhelmingly.

Starmer , and others in your party stabbed corbyn in the back at every opportunity. .......and you sit here and tell me the jury is still out?

Why were the hard left in labour so angry about starmers appointment as leader?

Bottom line steve is you are all over the feckin place. You say you hate the balirites , you agree with me the previous damage they caused , but yet again , you are prepared to see them in power at the expense of your easily cast aside morals.

srb7677

Quote from: Dynamis on September 19, 2020, 08:25:57 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 12:07:43 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2020, 11:34:42 AM
It has nothing to do with who does or does not support the Labour Party. I have not always supported the Labour Party. And might not do so in the future. Plenty of left wingers at large out there do not support the Labour Party. And Deppity Dawg and Cromwell might well have supported Labour in the past but are hardly left wingers today. The Dawg reads the Daily Fail FFS! You are mistaking political leanings for party allegiance, which is all the more misplaced when referencing past leanings when it is present ones being referred to.

There simply are many more right wingers than left wingers here. That is not a whinge by the way, merely an observation

Sorry steve i completely disagree with you.

Reading this , anyone who is slightly to the right of the hard left is a right winger in your opinion.

...and cromwell not being left wing? :D
I don't think Cromwell is left wing now no. He has moved to the right as he has gotten older. Though he is not part of the rabid club of right wingers. He is generally reasonable. As is the Dawg, if a bit verbosely ranty on occasion.

But if you don't think the right greatly outnumbers the left on this forum, then can you tell me who the other left wingers are besides Papasmurf and Dynamis? The latter incidentally most of the time doesn't vote Labour, thereby demonstrating that you don't have to vote Labour to be left wing

I'm left wing?

Papa wants gunboats installed around the whole border area of the EU, and for a Brexit. He also wants large scale population reduction.

I want to live in an almost-monastic society in the woods of Siberia or Lebanon or somewhere like that in my ideal world.

Neither of us are left-wing, you are speaking for yourself.  :D
Some people can be quite left wing on some issues and less so on others. Papasmurf for example comes across as pretty left wing on welfare issues, at least on the ones he addresses. And both you and he have frequently agreed with or thanked me for various posts here and there. And most of mine are left leaning. But if you do not identify as more left than right, my bad. I rarely see you agreeing with the rabid right around here, though, I have to say.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 12:43:22 PM

....and to me its shows as i keep saying how rabidly you have moved yourself to the extreme left over recent years when you consider everyone around you , including long time pro left wingers like cromwell "right wing".
I have not moved anywhere. I have always supported a moderate leftist agenda. And there is indeed nothing extreme about it.

Rent caps, security of tenure for tenants, an end to right to buy, more social housing, a minimum wage in line with the living wage, an end to excessively insecure work contracts like zero hours, full workers' rights from day 1, abolition of tuition fees, lowering the voting age to 16.

These are not extreme or revolutionary measures. To portray me as an extremist for believing in that is risible. But you are fond of your misrepresentations so perhaps inevitable from you. Anything to point score over even if you have to invent straw men to do it. There is nothing "hard" left about me.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 08:33:23 PM
Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2020, 08:28:01 PM
Blimey Steve,voting to leave the eu doesn't make you right wing and seeing Boris as a means to and end doesn't either.....mind you there's a fair few  across the political spectrum doing just that on here.

SRB told me earlier he saw starmer as a means to an end despite srb despising all blairites.

Thats what politics is , a dirty business where as you know you do what you have to to get what you want.

Steve just can't handle his beloved labour party in my honest opinion are hated by many people.
I said no such thing. You are very fond of inventing paraphrases for people that have them saying something very different to anything they actually said.

What I said was that whilst I mistrust Starmer, the jury is still out in terms of how Blairite he will be re policy. So I am watching and waiting.

And incidentally, if Labour policy becomes something I cannot support or vote for, I will not be encouraging anyone else to do so either.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2020, 09:32:52 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 09:02:51 PM
Blimey Steve,voting to leave the eu doesn't make you right wing and seeing Boris as a means to and end doesn't either.....mind you there's a fair few  across the political spectrum doing just that on here.

Bliar finally destroyed it all for me,the realisation you are having the piss taken out of you by so many not just the few to paraphrase,it was a long time coming but don't imagine that loss of trust takes me to the right of genghis Khan.

It has nothing to do with who does or does not support the Labour Party. I have not always supported the Labour Party. And might not do so in the future. Plenty of left wingers at large out there do not support the Labour Party. And Deppity Dawg and Cromwell might well have supported Labour in the past but are hardly left wingers today. The Dawg reads the Daily Fail FFS! You are mistaking political leanings for party allegiance, which is all the more misplaced when referencing past leanings when it is present ones being referred to.

There simply are many more right wingers than left wingers here. That is not a whinge by the way, merely an observation

Reading this , anyone who is slightly to the right of the hard left is a right winger in your opinion.

I don't think Cromwell is left wing now no. He has moved to the right as he has gotten older. Though he is not part of the rabid club of right wingers. He is generally reasonable. As is the Dawg, if a bit verbosely ranty on occasion.

But if you don't think the right greatly outnumbers the left on this forum, then can you tell me who the other left wingers are besides Papasmurf and Dynamis? The latter incidentally most of the time doesn't vote Labour, thereby demonstrating that you don't have to vote Labour to be left wing
Not left wing enough then Cromwell obviously. On the whole though, people do seem less wound up today a bit more relaxed atmosphere.
Well TBH Sheeps and going back to T00ts OP I see you in cabinet as minister in charge of GCHQ  ;)
Well it is an interesting thread, for sure, watching everyone look at boxes for others, one or two saying which box they would like. funny old world when you sit back and look at it. It keeps reminding me of that tears for fears song, the Prime Minster seems to have no say in the matter.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Wrt other areas of govt, Nalaar can be The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Patient Safety, Suicide Prevention and Mental Health.

HDQQ can be head of Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (propaganda).

Javert can be Attorney Gen.

+++

cromwell

Bliar finally destroyed it all for me,the realisation you are having the piss taken out of you by so many not just the few to paraphrase,it was a long time coming but don't imagine that loss of trust takes me to the right of genghis Khan.

Not left wing enough then Cromwell obviously. On the whole though, people do seem less wound up today a bit more relaxed atmosphere.
Well TBH Sheeps and going back to T00ts OP I see you in cabinet as minister in charge of GCHQ  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

On the whole though, people do seem less wound up today a bit more relaxed atmosphere.

No sheep?

You dont mean cause of smurf do you? :D

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

SRB told me earlier he saw starmer as a means to an end despite srb despising all blairites.

Thats what politics is , a dirty business where as you know you do what you have to to get what you want.

Steve just cant handle his beloved labour party in my honest opinion are hated by many people.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

I'm left wing?

Papa wants gunboats installed around the whole border area of the EU, and for a Brexit. He also wants large scale population reduction.

I want to live in an almost-monastic society in the woods of Siberia or Lebanon or somewhere like that in my ideal world.

Neither of us are left-wing, you are speaking for yourself.  :D
+++