brexit = bad
no deal brexit = very bad
no deal brexit with johnson = disaster
For EU, yes.

T00ts

Quote from: Javert on September 28, 2020, 03:32:03 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 26, 2020, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2020, 03:02:23 PM

Yeah cos businesses NEVER change their model.

Another crystal ball merchant.

Nick  , all along this whole four and a half year process since the uk voted to leave the eu , and before , all we have heard is how brexit is bad for business from all these limp wristed remainers.

Well thats too f**king bad.

If business are going to dictate what happens in a so called democracy based on what is best for them  , and them alone rather than what is best for the people , then we may as well give up on this farce of a democracy , close down all parliaments , and hand total control over to big business of our daily lives.

Thats not a future i , nor i suspect anyone else wants.

So the bottom line is business just has to f**king adapt to what the people voted for in a democracy.

Precisely!

And indeed they are adapting - by moving their business to a sane country.

It depends on your definition of sanity.

Javert

Nick  , all along this whole four and a half year process since the uk voted to leave the eu , and before , all we have heard is how brexit is bad for business from all these limp wristed remainers.

If business are going to dictate what happens in a so called democracy based on what is best for them  , and them alone rather than what is best for the people , then we may as well give up on this farce of a democracy , close down all parliaments , and hand total control over to big business of our daily lives.

So the bottom line is business just has to f**king adapt to what the people voted for in a democracy.

Precisely!

And indeed they are adapting - by moving their business to a sane country.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2020, 03:15:03 PM

But surely that is what they have become used to.

aye toots it is what they have become used to , and as we all know its  not good for so called democracy.

You have labour the party of the poor ( no laughing at the back please) and the liberals running around screaming about brexit , while doing big business dirty work for them.

Its all too bad .

I am sick to the back teeth of listening to this never ending drone of constant remainer whingeing.

We had the economic debate about brexit prior to the vote , people listened politely and said no thanks , we want to leave , and since voting leave , all we have heard remainers repeat non stop  is about how we arent listening to what they are saying.

The problem remainers have is people very much are listening to what they are saying , and dont agree with them.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

But surely that is what they have become used to. Don't the big possibly global entities have the most clout with lobbying the EU to the extent that smaller but possibly more innovative firms have not been able to change things within it? Isn't this one of the arguments about how protectionist the EU has become and another reason to leave?

So many are reported to have started really successful businesses with large turnovers here even since lockdown but the monolithic organisations have called the shots for so long they are struggling to accept that they have to learn to run again. AS I posted before feet of clay don't pay.

Thomas

Well thats too fucking bad.

So the bottom line is business just has to fucking adapt to what the people voted for in a democracy.

Nick

Quote from: Javert on September 26, 2020, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2020, 11:40:54 AMIn the article you linked, it says it isn't all down to Brexit. End of.

So you seriously think that if Brexit wasn't happening, this would have happened anyway?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Javert

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2020, 11:40:54 AMIn the article you linked, it says it isn't all down to Brexit. End of.

So you seriously think that if Brexit wasn't happening, this would have happened anyway?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 26, 2020, 10:51:21 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2020, 10:41:31 PM
That%u2019s a typo and you know it. The article clearly states the move isn't 100% down to Brexit.
Its not a typo, think about it. They want to keep their existing business they do in the EU, to do that they have to open operations in the EU as UK can't do that business anymore.

Whats prob happening is JPM aren't moving totally out of the UK, they most likely will leave staff to service their current non eu business served by London. But they might only leave enough to service the UK market.
If the setup shop in the EU why duplicate the expertise in the UK to service places outside the UK or EU.
Brexit showing itself to be a gamble.

Who was it that said " no one is talking about leaving the SM, that would be stupid"

In the article you linked, it says it isn't all down to Brexit. End of.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2020, 10:41:31 PM
That%u2019s a typo and you know it. The article clearly states the move isn't 100% down to Brexit.
Its not a typo, think about it. They want to keep their existing business they do in the EU, to do that they have to open operations in the EU as UK can't do that business anymore.

Whats prob happening is JPM aren't moving totally out of the UK, they most likely will leave staff to service their current non eu business served by London. But they might only leave enough to service the UK market.
If the setup shop in the EU why duplicate the expertise in the UK to service places outside the UK or EU.
Brexit showing itself to be a gamble.

Who was it that said " no one is talking about leaving the SM, that would be stupid"

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 25, 2020, 10:22:40 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2020, 07:41:26 AMSo you acknowledge it says it's just down to Brexit?

Yes, exactly. The move from London is 100% down to Brexit.

What is it your not getting, JP are doing 2 things, expanding their business in EU and moving another sector of business they do in the UK into the EU because in January they CAN'T do that business in London anymore.

It's why over 850b euro worth of business is now moving out of London. Thanks to Barclays for moving 200b euro worth of business to Dublin.
https://www.reuters.com/article/jp-morgan-brexit/jpmorgan-to-move-230-billion-of-assets-to-germany-ahead-of-brexit-source-idUSKCN26E2CP
Banks using Britain as a gateway to the European Union must fully execute their plans for serving EU customers before a Brexit transition period ends in December, the EU's banking watchdog said in July.

That's a typo and you know it. The article clearly states the move isn't 100% down to Brexit.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 25, 2020, 12:58:14 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 25, 2020, 12:29:58 PMThats twice now you have shot the messenger because you dont like the message gerry.
You talking about shooting the messenger, with attacks directed at me personally. That is not a personal attack, the post you linked looked like a holiday brochure.
Whats this Gerry, has the holy roman empire thrown the dummy out of the pram?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 25, 2020, 12:51:44 PM

brexit = bad
no deal brexit = very bad
no deal brexit with johnson = disaster

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 25, 2020, 12:29:58 PMThats twice now you have shot the messenger because you dont like the message gerry.
You talking about shooting the messenger, with attacks directed at me personally. That is not a personal attack, the post you linked looked like a holiday brochure.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 25, 2020, 12:27:17 PMIt does mention it in many of the articles i posted , how london may have lost top spot to new york , but will remain the top financial hub on the euro continent and among the top in the world.

Also how come you never mention any businesses liek the 1400 eu businesses wanting to desperately trade in the uk after hard brexit?

With you , its only one way propaganda.
Your articles didn't factor in the EU not giving fiancial passporting, thats a recent development so you'll need a link thats better than 2019.

WHat value of business in moving to the UK from the EU, whats the UK nett position. Nobody ever said that their wouldn't be a move in either direction, your the brexit champion, surely you know the benefits.