But wait the EU is just a trade body

Started by Sheepy, September 18, 2020, 06:50:51 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 04:26:39 PM
But both are illegal acts.

Parliament in the uk is sovereign so english remainers tell me ,so if johnson passes a law ameding or tearing up the WA , then that is legal according to all my learned friends on the english  constitutional law.

Just as we were told by remainers it was legal for parliament to overturn democracy when it suited. Its a fecker when the shoes is on the other foot int it?

QuoteThat's great, so I'll take it's not in anyway unfair on Scotland.  If you want to make a point prove it, I won't do it for you.

We are making the point where it matter , in scotland . Im not asking you to do anything.

QuoteAnd like I say, the UK shouldn't be using NI as a pawn, that way of thinking is disgusting.

its not. Northern ireland is part of the uk , and in a democracy such as the uk  , the majority rules.

So northern ireland has to leave with the rest of us as im told brexit was a uk referendum.
The people of NI will decide their future

Thats what im suggesting , but you dont seem to keen?

Cant think why? :D

Quotein their time and when they want.

in the GFA , it down to the uk S.O.S for N.I to decide. Wrong again my remainer friend.

You should actually try and read wht you keep quoting instead of trying to use the GFA as a stick to stop brexit without having a feckin clue whay it says.

QuoteAnd certainly not to get Johnson out of a contract he's signed the UK up to.

its a great wee get out of jail card.

Quote. NI gets to remain in the UK SM and avail of any new trade deals that the UK secures and also gets to baically stay in the EU. A foreign multinational could setup there and have access in both the EU and UK markets seamlessly.

yep this is the unfair deal we are shouting from the rooftops across scotland. Johnson knows it cant stay this way , hence why the WA is getting ripped up with the DUP approval.

QuoteNo it hasn't, the EU has followed process, hasn't bullied or threatened the UK, it's been patient and helpful.

The eu behaviour has been a disgrace to the uk ,i was mildly pro eu beforhad , and even i can see how appalling the eu has behaved and how it has tried to thwart demcoracy through it minions.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on September 18, 2020, 06:50:51 PM
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-eu-recovery-taxes-parliament/european-parliament-votes-for-new-taxes-in-eu-to-repay-recovery-borrowing-idUKKBN26732U
Which has to put everything past all the parliaments, so I guess you won't be paying then.

The funny thing is that the figure is there for their budget. 1.1T over 7 years, that's an equal share of 5.8 billion for each of the 27 every year for 7 years. That is gross and the UK paid more than double that in 2018 (Gross).
11.3% contribution, not as Gerry keeps regurgitating, less than 1%.

All calcs  done using gross Gerry, don't start trying to muddy the waters by quoting net figures as usual.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:56:23 PMScotland hasnt asked to leave as yet , the first minister hasnt asked for another indy ref officially so what are you on about?
You have to ask England to hold a vote, That's nuts, Scotland is a country, if it wants to hold a vote about leaving the UK union it shouldn't have to ask for permission to hold a vote. "please sir can we leave now"

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:56:23 PMThe eu meanwhile has done everything it could though its minions to stop the uk leaving , and is doing everything it can to be awkward with the uk getting a trade deal to punish the uk for daring to vote to leave.

Its a disgracefull situation .

Im a regular visitor to france , and the french arent happy either with the growing centralisation of the eu. Eventually i can see the whole nasty racket unravelling the way brussells and their unelected clowns are going.
Once Art50 is triggered the UK can decide to stay, but there is no way the EU can interfer in that process. I think your refering to the other 48% of UK people that aren't happy with Brexit, their not "the EU" Their the UK. But of course your now going to give examples how the EU interfered in the UK brexit process, how the EU did x, y and z to stop the UK leaving. You really are having a laugh.  What was it the french friends of yours were unhappy with, anything specific or just some ranting ?  were these Rose & Nigel that retired to France by any chance ?

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 04:26:39 PMof

It's exactly this sort of rhetoric that makes me so relieved to be leaving.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:51:43 PMGerry talks about the eu response to covid and countires working hand in hand being a good thing , while on the other side of the coin there has been uproar in many eu nations at yet more eu centralisation and creeping power over track and trace .

The eu want to centralise the contact tracing into one eu controlled system , while citizens across europe are in outrage over this , and any potentil databse breach and misuse of european peoples information by brussells.

The more i read about this shady organsation , the more outraged i become.
The EU has open borders, it makes perfect sense to share contact/trace info around the EU, as people move freely. The EU GDPR system of managing peoples info and security is one reason the UK is looking to leave the EU. It's a robust system and something the rogue UK doesn't want to be tied to. With very loose regulation it's why the EU recently took on facebook over sending people data back to the USA. Your starting to sound like another looney Englishman twisting what the EU is doing.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:47:37 PMyes it can , and thats what johnson is doing thankfully. in about four weeks time.
Like I said, he can, just like dropping a nuke on New York, he can do that too. But both are illegal acts.

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:47:37 PMThe scottish government have written extensively why it is unfair on scotland .
That's great, so I'll take it's not in anyway unfair on Scotland.  If you want to make a point prove it, I won't do it for you.

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:47:37 PMand i explained to you before , stop being diningenuous no one isaying it is a decision to join the uk. Northern ireland already is in the uk , the only decision open to them is to leave.

This is what they have to do if they want  to remain in the eu , and it remains a usefull tool for johnson to call the eu bluff over.
And like I say, the UK shouldn't be using NI as a pawn, that way of thinking is disgusting. The people of NI will decide their future, in their time and when they want. And certainly not to get Johnson out of a contract he's signed the UK up to. Anyway NI has been forgotten by the UK, maybe this is payback time. NI gets to remain in the UK SM and avail of any new trade deals that the UK secures and also gets to baically stay in the EU. A foreign multinational could setup there and have access in both the EU and UK markets seamlessly. Much needed investment in an area that the UK has ignored forever.
Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:47:37 PMThey are. The eu behaviour over brexit has been a disgrace , while using the colonised in the uk to police the colony and stop the uk leaving.
No it hasn't, the EU has followed process, hasn't bullied or threatened the UK, it's been patient and helpful. It's had to standby and watch the UK play games with it's electorate and lie, change it's mind and not it continues to negotiate while the UK threatens to act unlawfully. I'm telling you no other country will put up with that crap from the UK.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 19, 2020, 04:13:51 PM

Good luck get many of them to turn up to fight.
Not much point even having a military if you aren't going to use it.

You could get all spiritual like the Dalai Lama instead. That has worked out great for him.
Not that you even need an army since you have the IRA to do your fighting for you.

But hey, do your thing.
We will rearm to counter any increased threat you present.

The ambassador of peace that wants his own army. Righto.

About the only competent army in the eu is the french.

The germans are too busy running around apologising for world war 2 , the spanish and italians are great at running backward , and the irish spend all their time fighting with each other.

Its the thought process behind it all thats worrying though baff.

The creeping centralisation will eventually get to the stage where someone  in brussells will ask " why do we actaully need national governments anymore when we have our own eu parliament in control of everything"

Thomas

Paddy's been arrested again for punching his wife!.

The judge asks, "Why do you keep beating her?"

Paddy say's, "I think it's my weight advantage, longer arm reach and superior footwork

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 04:04:54 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 03:32:39 PMSeig heil!!!

Nice to quote star wars, but as for an EU army, in my book it makes great sense. Why have NATO and then countries within NATO have their own Army. If the EU handled defence as a unit,with each country paying into it's own "nato" that makes far more sense than 27 countries doing it alone.
That way we might stop the likes of "weapons of mass destruction", "falklands" and so many other utter disgraceful acts of war by reckless countries. More powers are needed to stop the USA and their gimp the UK going around killing people, their not ambassadors of peace.

Good luck get many of them to turn up to fight.
Not much point even having a military if you aren't going to use it.

You could get all spiritual like the Dalai Lama instead. That has worked out great for him.
Not that you even need an army since you have the IRA to do your fighting for you.

But hey, do your thing.
We will rearm to counter any increased threat you present.

The ambassador of peace that wants his own army. Righto.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 04:04:54 PM

Nice to quote star wars, but as for an EU army, in my book it makes great sense. Why have NATO and then countries within NATO have their own Army. If the EU handled defence as a unit,with each country paying into it's own "nato" that makes far more sense than 27 countries doing it alone.
That way we might stop the likes of "weapons of mass destruction", "falklands" and so many other utter disgraceful acts of war by reckless countries. More powers are needed to stop the USA and their gimp the UK going around killing people, their not ambassadors of peace.

Yep another example of the creeping centralisation of this newly emerging empire.

Thank christ we voted out.

Thomas

well you answered this question borkie?

An unprecedented EU fight is coming over who will pay the UK's share of the budget after Brexit
    This discussion "will shape up to be a long drawn out bloody fight," one European official, based in Brussels and who did not want to be named due to the sensitivity of the talks, told CNBC Monday.
    The remaining 27 EU states are arguing over figures, but also about the process behind actually receiving funds from Brussels.
A fight over money could be about to reach unprecedented proportions at the heart of the European Union.

The U.K.'s impending exit means that the bloc will lose one of its key net contributors — when a country's payments into the EU outweigh its revenues from it. This is set to leave a shortfall of about 7.8 billion pounds ($10 billion) every year, in net terms, in the EU's next budget. And the question of who will fill that gap is stressing out several member states.

This discussion "will shape up to be a long drawn out bloody fight," one European official, based in Brussels and who did not want to be named due to the sensitivity of the talks, told CNBC Monday.

So looks like paddy and mick are taking up a good bit of the slack.

Once johnson cuts off the uk funding supply  , all out war will start breaking out when pierre and pedro realise they need to start paying a lot more to the unelected clowns in brussells while paddy already has his hands in his pocket.

GerryT

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on September 19, 2020, 04:01:26 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 03:01:20 PM

You really don't get it, when the UK triggered art50 the EU and IRL knew the UK was leaving. What we wan't to know was what was the future relationship be like,

Well, according to these guys..

https://gript.ie/ireland-eu-budget-contribution-going-up/

.. expensive for the Micks and not so bad for the UK.

I don't know how the Irish managed it, but the Republic's net contribution to the EU is set to exceed that of the UK. So first of all, thanks for taking up the slack. Plus, a lot of the loans will be raised in the City of London and that can't be bad.

Ta Gerry.  :)

:D

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 03:01:20 PM

You really don't get it, when the UK triggered art50 the EU and IRL knew the UK was leaving. What we wan't to know was what was the future relationship be like,

Well, according to these guys..

https://gript.ie/ireland-eu-budget-contribution-going-up/

.. expensive for the Micks and not so bad for the UK.

I don't know how the Irish managed it, but the Republic's net contribution to the EU is set to exceed that of the UK. So first of all, thanks for taking up the slack. Plus, a lot of the loans will be raised in the City of London and that can't be bad.

Ta Gerry.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 03:52:01 PM

Agh great crack, especially when the likes of sheepy comes along, digs into the far corners of his head and just starts writing.

There is no craic ( you spelled it wrong my english friend) about it gerry. Im simply saying its not 15 weeks , but now less .