But wait the EU is just a trade body

Started by Sheepy, September 18, 2020, 06:50:51 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 23, 2020, 02:36:58 PMHasn't there only been one plan since inception? They are not too bothered at how it's achieved.
Sounds like Johnson, the plan is there's no plan. Wing it, what ever way the UK public blows, go with that and stir up their emotions with little jingo's like "get brexit done" (cummings phrase) or "take back control" "leave means leave"  "the will of the people" (well some of them, that voted leave, not all the people mind you) "WTO terms" "no deal is better than a bad deal" (get on with it so) "get brexit done" or my favourite "brexit means brexit" and that's because Johnson had no clue what brexit meant.
All invented so mindless people didn't actually think about what Brexit was.

All totally meaningless

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on September 24, 2020, 02:08:52 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 24, 2020, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 02:16:46 PMTell us when the EU tells you

The EU is transparent, you'll find out when I do.

That would be dumb, revealing your plan to your enemy, the uk, too early.

We are doomed I tell you! Doomed!

I would just like to say that although Gerry is about as Irish as a bottle of Nigerian Guinness, I will do my best to starve to death in the New Year. It will mean so much to him and to be honest, I could do with losing a few pounds.
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on September 24, 2020, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 02:16:46 PMTell us when the EU tells you

That would be dumb, revealing your plan to your enemy, the uk, too early.
+++

GerryT

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2020, 01:03:41 PMAs usual you only give half a story. You failed to mention it is reassigning branched in Paris, Amsterdam and Copenhagen to Frankfurt as well. It also clearly states this is not all down to Brexit.

You are in serious danger of one day actually getting a story right.

Nick, I'll go easy on you.

As usual you only give half a story.  No I gave the full story in a link if you wanted more info

You failed to mention it is reassigning branched in Paris, Amsterdam and Copenhagen to Frankfurt as well. No the Jobs are moving out of the UK to Frankfurt AND those locations. Those locations will report into frankfurt.

It also clearly states this is not all down to Brexit. Again no, the move from London into the EU is totally down to Brexit. JPMorgan is also planning on expanding it's business also in other areas. If it weren't for Brexit that expansion of business could have been done from it's London base. So the hit to the UK economy due to brexit is most likely more than quoted.

The Article also says:

While JPMorgan has made the biggest shift to Frankfurt, other banks have chosen to bulk up in Germany's financial hub, including Citigroup, UBS Group and Standard Chartered.

In way's I didn't give the full story as the bigger picture has many more banks moving out of the UK. It stands to reason, the UK won't have financial passporting into the EU so banks wanting to service that business will move there.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 24, 2020, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: Cor Blimey! on September 23, 2020, 10:48:45 PMWas your post inspired by this picture of a Bobby arresting the German army?

https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/549228117031068161/?nic_v2=1aXlkmUiW
I can see you'll make lots of friends around here  :) :)
Well more than you perhaps?
With your blind faith.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on September 23, 2020, 10:48:45 PMWas your post inspired by this picture of a Bobby arresting the German army?

I can see you'll make lots of friends around here  :) :)

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 01:39:12 AM
Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2020, 01:09:21 AM
Britannia waives the rules.

That is right Gerry. Now, other than sending the Gardai to arrest the UK, what does the EU intend to do about it?

Was your post inspired by this picture of a Bobby arresting the German army?

They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 23, 2020, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 02:16:46 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2020, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 01:39:12 AMThat is right Gerry. Now, other than sending the Gardai to arrest the UK, what does the EU intend to do about it?
The EU hasn't said. It doesn't do threats. I'm sure it has a plan, ...

Tell us when the EU tells you

:) :)

Hasn't there only been one plan since inception? They are not too bothered at how it's achieved.
Well there always is, it don't mean it has to go the way they think it will.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 02:16:46 PM
Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 01:39:12 AMThat is right Gerry. Now, other than sending the Gardai to arrest the UK, what does the EU intend to do about it?

Hasn't there only been one plan since inception? They are not too bothered at how it's achieved.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nick

The EU hasn't said. It doesn't do threats. I'm sure it has a plan, which won't be released until the UK actually breaks the law. It may not, it could be bluster from Boris.

But the EU may not have to do much, a UK breaking international law, not having a services access to the EU, no FTA with the EU and this brings uncertainty. This will see reaction from industry. It's why JP Morgan has announced it's moving 200b from London to Frankfurt. That's 200 jobs moving.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/jpmorgan-to-move-200b-euros-of-assets-to-germany-in-brexit-shift

As usual you only give half a story. You failed to mention it is reassigning branched in Paris, Amsterdam and Copenhagen to Frankfurt as well. It also clearly states this is not all down to Brexit.

You are in serious danger of one day actually getting a story right.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

The EU hasn't said. It doesn't do threats. I'm sure it has a plan, which won't be released until the UK actually breaks the law. It may not, it could be bluster from Boris.

But the EU may not have to do much, a UK breaking international law, not having a services access to the EU, no FTA with the EU and this brings uncertainty. This will see reaction from industry. It's why JP Morgan has announced it's moving 200b from London to Frankfurt. That's 200 jobs moving.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/jpmorgan-to-move-200b-euros-of-assets-to-germany-in-brexit-shift

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2020, 01:23:55 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2020, 09:22:38 PMWell it doesn%u2019t sell anything or make anything, in fact, as an entity it doesn%u2019t exist. The only thing that exists are the 27 countries and they are the only thing making money through buying and selling.

This should be interesting, where does the EU get the vast majority of its cash if not from its members?
Nick, your understanding of the EU is non existent. Of course the money comes from the 27 because the 27 are the EU. It's what the money gets spent on that matters. If you understood that then the EU might start making sense. But I'm not explaining it to you. Go read a book.

You'd swear that you think that contributions pay for the running of the EU, what countries give is small money to pay for EU

So you didn't say the above then?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2020, 01:09:21 AM

I know what you said, and I disagree. The sos has no real say, he's just a pawn. The people of IRL decide, the procedure and process involves the sos calling for a vote, it's the people that drive the process not the process driving the people. I have to keep repeating that as you don't listen to what I'm saying.

No one said the sos for ni has any say in the vote. You are making things up again.

The sos for ni is an integral part of the process for calling the vote , which is what i am saying. The people do indeed drive the processes at all stages , but they cant call a vote without the uk governmetns sos permission , which is why you arent having a vote at the minute when polling has shown a majority for reunification over brexit.

You are in effect just waffling a load of shite , hence why i keep saying you are gradually sounding more and more hysterical.

QuoteI do get it but you don't get to rewrite the GFA or the WA,

They are already being re written by default , as they never took into account brexit.
I can guarantee most Irish people wouldn't have a clue about the treaty of windsor.

Dont give me more of your shite off google my plastic paddy friend.

The treaty of windsor is one of the most famous treaties in the enitre history of Ireland. Thats treaty , which ireland broke , laid the foundations for the 800 year claim for the english monarchy to rule ireland.

At every stage in history , angevin norman rule , tudor re conquests, williamite wars , treaty of union , it was refferred to as a benchmark to legally justify the crowns rule over ireland and westminster parliament .

So what are you talking about?

Caught out again talking cac.

The point is though outwith me teaching you a wee bit of irish history , its a prime example of the non stop galloping pish you talk regarding treaties.

QuoteI think you'll find any treaty that's signed under threat of being killed isn't worth the paper it's written on

is that so?

You tell me most irish people dont know ( you certainly dont are you irish? :D)anything about the most famous treaty ireland broke in their history , yet you confidently tell me that treaties signed in this way arent worth the paper they are written on?

How do you know what is the norma for an internaional treaty if you admit you know nothing about them?

Most treaties in history were signed this way , where the conflicting sides coerced , threatened , held weapons to throats ,blackmailed bribed etc etc. into signing them.

The treaty of versaille was a famous more recent example of this.......where hitler and many of the german elite believed the germans had been harshly treated , especially by france , into signing that treaty after the first world war which humiliated germany , with a gun to their heads , and eventually sparked the second world war .

In the book "Appeasing Hitler" by Tim Bouverie , the author , based on the uk government records and memoirs of churchill and other uk politicians at the time make that very point about the shotgun treaty that was the treaty of versaille ,  and how the british pleaded with france not to extract retribution from the germans after WW1.

You dont half talk some rubbish gerry.

Quoteyour loosing it now Thomas

The eu had threats to make to johnson and may before him , and bribes to offer in the guise of a FTA.  Johnson would not have signed anything if he thought the eu were going to stitch him up.Indeed it made meangless the four half years of negotiations .Now with a clear head we all see what the eu hs been all about all along...stringing the uk all the while dangling the carrot of a FTA which they were never going to agree to unless the uk broke its red lines.

So feck the eu.

QuoteIRL didn't renege

How fo you know when you freely admit you and most irish dont know anything about it?

You had to google the treaty of windsor to see what i was talking about ,but now can confdently tell me after a five second google that ireland didnt renege?

You dont have a feckin clue what you are talking about.

....and you still cant tell me what you are going to do about the uk ripping up the WA except limp wristed threats of "wait and see".

;D

Your being pedantic and you know full well what I meant.

No i didnt know what you meant. ...and this is exactly another fall of the mask from you , talking like an english remainer who thinks the uk has existed forever and a day.

Any irishman knows fine well the yookay didnt exist in the 12th century.
And your wrong, the UK wasn't formed until 1922, far more than 6 centuries

The beginnings of the uk was formed in 1536 , then my nation came in 1707 , and ireland came in politically in 1801. The uk broke down in 1921 , and the republic formed in that same year out of the treaty ireland and england signed. Northern ireland was partitioned the same year , and the dail ( the irish parliament principal lower house for you anglo remainers) accepted the treaty in january mate of the following year. ;D

Imagine no even knowing when your alleged country came into existence?

FFS , an 800 year auld treaty is one thing , but this is something else . :D
Your right the principal is far more important.

Of course it is.

....and we see the clear example of ireland breaking many treaties  , as many countires have done and will do forevermore......starting with the WA.

so chill out gerry. Its all out of your control.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!