Oh really is that so?

Started by Sheepy, September 19, 2020, 10:44:46 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 11:43:55 AM
Its just obvious sheepy, the failing of the UK is thinking it can redefine the eu. It couldn't 'control' it from the inside, like a spoilt child its stormed off and now is realising it has zero control on the outside.
The EU is rules based and what I mention wont be compromised

Nah! We've been there and bought the t-shirt. The EU is no great shakes at all and eventually will implode. They don't want to give an inch but they will. They want to let the world believe that they are strong but in the end they are whingers and character will out. Late one night over a posh dinner and no doubt lots of alcohol a deal will be made. Leopards don't change their spots.

As far as redefining the EU - well we gave them our best for over 40 years. They have gone their own way regardless and the people will rise up eventually and win. We are not unusual in that.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 11:43:55 AM
Its just obvious sheepy, the failing of the UK is thinking it can redefine the eu. It couldn't 'control' it from the inside, like a spoilt child its stormed off and now is realising it has zero control on the outside.
Or we just want no part of it, what Parliament think is probably another matter, I will give you that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 11:32:18 AM
Of course its possible, all thats left to do is the UK withdrawing that bill and binning it. Then agree to the eu requirements on the level playing field and the provisions signed in the WA. thats what she ment.
well you must be speaking for the EU council then Gerry, which you have told us several times you run.

GerryT

Of course its possible, all thats left to do is the UK withdrawing that bill and binning it. Then agree to the eu requirements on the level playing field and the provisions signed in the WA. thats what she ment.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 10:44:46 AM
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-k-sees-brexit-progress-201631240.html

So they are hoping to get a deal done in just 4 weeks to get it ratified by the end of the year?

Isnt that also around the time when the law ripping up the WA should come into place too?

Someone is getting set up for a fall somewhere :)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy