Oh really is that so?

Started by Sheepy, September 19, 2020, 10:44:46 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 22, 2020, 09:10:42 AMSure he does.
In response to this bill, the EU immediately made Barnier retract his threat to ban the sale of UK goods in NI.
Bluff called.
Job done.
Boris is in a different league to the unelectables in the EU.
First off Johnson is in a different league, way down their somewhere. And what nonsense are you talking about, firstly that Barnier said the UK couldn't sell goods to NI and secondly he retracted something ???  can you give some link to what your talking about, because none of that makes any sense.

What the EU immediatly did was give the UK a deadline to retract the bill, thats all. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54097320

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 22, 2020, 07:48:43 AMWhat are you talkiing about...they were doing that last year and the early part of this year. I posted an article showing them building infrastructure at belfast dock?
What I'm talking about is Johnson saying no checks between NI and GB and after that he's signing contracts to put in place customs checks between GB and NI.

Port infrastructure is required anyway for UK to rest of world as the UK is leaving the 60 odd FTA's that the EU has.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2020, 01:31:17 AM
Quote from: Baff on September 21, 2020, 09:12:07 PMDoesn't everything he does look like that to you?

All that says to me is that you don't like what he does.
Which is very encouraging for a Brexit voter like me.
I take it your replying to this message:

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 05:20:29 PMMaybe your right, but it looks like the UK is putting in the sea border checks. Knew Johnson was lying, just wasn't sure who to, looks like its to the UK people again.
The winning consortium, which also involves McKinsey consultants, said it was "very pleased to be the successful supplier" of what will be "a free service available to all traders moving goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland and importing goods into Northern Ireland from the rest of the world, which will help them to comply with new requirements under the NI protocol".
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/18/brexit-consortium-fujitsu-irish-sea-contract-northern-ireland
I'm sure there will be a couple more twists and turns, but looking like an about turn from Johnson.
Tell me how it looks to you. Johnson brings in a bill to undermine the WA that he brokered, he then tells the world the EU can't be trusted and unless the EU gives the UK a deal he'll break international law in a limited and specific way. He's drawn a line. Then he awards a contract to a company for 200m to conduct cross border checks between GB and NI. To me that's mixed objectives, either border checks are a red line or their not. They can't be both, but in Johnson's world he somehow manages to do just that. Here's another take on it
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54202290

Does Boris know what Johnson is doing, I don't think so.

Sure he does.
In response to this bill, the EU immediately made Barnier retract his threat to ban the sale of UK goods in NI.

Bluff called.
Job done.

Boris is in a different league to the unelectables in the EU.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 05:20:29 PM

Maybe your right, but it looks like the UK is putting in the sea border checks. Knew Johnson was lying, just wasn't sure who to, looks like its to the UK people again.

What are you talkiing about...they were doing that last year and the early part of this year. I posted an article showing them building infrastructure at belfast dock?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 21, 2020, 09:12:07 PMDoesn't everything he does look like that to you?

I take it your replying to this message:

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 05:20:29 PMMaybe your right, but it looks like the UK is putting in the sea border checks. Knew Johnson was lying, just wasn't sure who to, looks like its to the UK people again.
The winning consortium, which also involves McKinsey consultants, said it was "very pleased to be the successful supplier" of what will be "a free service available to all traders moving goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland and importing goods into Northern Ireland from the rest of the world, which will help them to comply with new requirements under the NI protocol".
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/18/brexit-consortium-fujitsu-irish-sea-contract-northern-ireland
I'm sure there will be a couple more twists and turns, but looking like an about turn from Johnson.
Tell me how it looks to you. Johnson brings in a bill to undermine the WA that he brokered, he then tells the world the EU can't be trusted and unless the EU gives the UK a deal he'll break international law in a limited and specific way. He's drawn a line. Then he awards a contract to a company for 200m to conduct cross border checks between GB and NI. To me that's mixed objectives, either border checks are a red line or their not. They can't be both, but in Johnson's world he somehow manages to do just that. Here's another take on it
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54202290

Does Boris know what Johnson is doing, I don't think so.

Baff

Doesn't everything he does look like that to you?

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2020, 05:05:34 PMWe are in the proces of doing something , not talking. Respond away at the end of it.
Maybe your right, but it looks like the UK is putting in the sea border checks. Knew Johnson was lying, just wasn't sure who to, looks like its to the UK people again.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 04:38:53 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2020, 04:10:44 PMWe are ripping it up. What are you going to do about it?
Your talking about doing it. When you do, then the EU will respond.

We are in the proces of doing something , not talking. Respond away at the end of it. :D

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2020, 04:10:44 PMWe are ripping it up. What are you going to do about it?
Your talking about doing it. When you do, then the EU will respond.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 04:03:01 PM

I'm not convinced, remains to be seen if the UK uses the act to change anything. Part of me thinks the UK will see sense and not break international law

ah ok.

You will be sitting on the edge of your chair for a few weeks gerry in hope.....i hope you arent let down too badly.

QuoteWell if you love democracy you must love the democratically elected Govt signing a international binding treaty.

i didnt agree with the treaty , so no i dont , and im hoping the democratically elected government , which is sovereign, rips the fecker up.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 04:03:01 PM
And the WA does.

We are ripping it up. What are you going to do about it?

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2020, 03:44:48 PMNo treaty on earth can stand if it doesnt have agreement between the two opposing sides.
And the WA does.
Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2020, 03:44:48 PMThe WA is about to be ripped up by the uk parliament over the next three weeks.
I'm not convinced, remains to be seen if the UK uses the act to change anything. Part of me thinks the UK will see sense and not break international law
Quote from: Thomas on September 21, 2020, 03:44:48 PMAs for the rest , i love democracy in action gerry , and the majority of the people have spoken numerous times now over the eu. Come the end of the year , it will all be over gerry.
Well if you love democracy you must love the democratically elected Govt signing a international binding treaty.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2020, 03:41:20 PM

The WA is a treaty and in place.

No treaty on earth can stand if it doesnt have agreement between the two opposing sides.

The WA is about to be ripped up by the uk parliament over the next three weeks.

As for the rest , i love democracy in action gerry , and the majority of the people have spoken numerous times now over the eu.

Come the end of the year , it will all be over gerry. :D

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 12:16:20 PMThe WA cannot stand. It goes against everything that was said about brexit being a uk vote when one part of the uk is getting special treatment and effectively being allowed to stay in the eu.
Johnson knows fine well if N.I gets allowed to remain , it will cause merry hell for him and his party.
The WA is a treaty and in place. The UK can try change it by agreement with the EU. It took the UK 3 yrs to negotiate it and they had time to pour over every word, sentence and paragraph. With all the brightest brains in the UK, my heart bleeds that you don't find it fits your understanding of brexit. Johnson on the other hand is an idiot, it's no surprise he agreed and signed it, not much he can do now though.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2020, 11:32:18 AM
Of course its possible, all thats left to do is the UK withdrawing that bill and binning it. Then agree to the eu requirements on the level playing field and the provisions signed in the WA. thats what she ment.

The WA cannot stand. It goes against everything that was said about brexit being a uk vote when one part of the uk is getting special treatment and effectively being allowed to stay in the eu.

Johnson knows fine well if N.I gets allowed to remain , it will cause merry hell for him and his party.