Times-Yougov Poll: Lab Levels w/ Tories For 1st Time Under Stammer

Started by Dynamis, September 19, 2020, 07:08:12 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

QuoteThe postal vote is a firm favourite of the red cheek of the westminster party arse.
I know all about it Thomas, if you remember a few years ago, we had people checking registers and following Ballot boxes. I do believe one or two were caught out because of it. Made the papers I do believe.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 09:08:41 PM

Sheep knows all about the disappearing dispatch boxes on behalf of the Westminster party in the past. Sheeps expects fair and free elections and referenda.

The postal vote is a firm favourite of the red cheek of the westminster party arse.

QuoteSheeps expects fair and free elections and referenda.

totally agree sheep , but you have seen yourself what a free and fair "referendum " looks like......four and a half years on from voting and it still hasnt been implemented as a case in point.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 09:03:11 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 19, 2020, 08:53:03 PM

Personally, I'm not surprised a French person is lecturing us English on how to run England. ;D

Well you are lving in hastings , the site of a battle which gave way to centuries  of french monarchs ruling over england , changing your language and way of life forever.

talking of banana republics , sheep probably never heard about the mysterious rain dance investments company , a company with no website based in an 8 bedroom house in the village of lincoln which mysteriously sent hundreds of thousands up to the better together campaign to keep the sweaties in the union.

Or what about the stalbury trustees sending up hundreds of thousands?

https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/01430799

Or the marquess of salisbury  , or investment bankers many of whom are based in london interfering in scottish democracy?

The stalin quote is spot on as we saw in 2014.

As well as the old saying he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Feckin democracy , i havent laughed so hard in a long while on this forum.  A few english peoples eyes i would wager were opened after what people in your country have seen after the brexit vote.
Sheep knows all about the disappearing dispatch boxes on behalf of the Westminster party in the past. Sheeps expects fair and free elections and referenda.

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 19, 2020, 08:35:53 PMWhy yes, with a pink troll adorning reality!

The Troll is entirely your fault. But if you start talking safety nets for my generation then you are far off the wall.  Until I was 9  I lived in one room with shared kitchen and bathroom with 2 other families. As a newborn it was worse. A partitioned cubicle in a rest centre if you know what that was. My parents made sure I worked hard and I got where I did through hard graft and effort. They worked hard too, it was a disgrace not to then. That meant that by 7 I was a latch key kid who lit a coal fire and started cooking before parents got home.

Housing was tough. Houses without front gardens were not mortgageable. Building societies typically valued properties lower than the sale price so you either looked for more money, a drop in price or walked away. Most of us rented for years with boxes for furniture. We were lucky if we had a cooker and bed. Don't tell me about having it easy. We have paid for pensions ever since day one at work and we were promised payback. I remember my parents paying for the GP appointment.  Yes there were county grants for further education, but university courses then weren't the dumbed down heavy drinking playtime that they are now. If your parents were well off there was no grant. Those who were not able worked at 15 years. It wasn't a rite of passage to go to uni, pretending that no matter what course you did you were entitled to start work at the top of the pay scale. More than that youngsters expected to start low paid not kid themselves that they were as good as someone who had worked for years.

Don't imagine that everything that is wrong or unjust is my generation's fault, or I will really get mad. I have lived through it all and have the personal experience and memory. I was neither helicopter parented or allowed to be woke. Warning: I have my boots on ready to start walking.

Thomas

Personally, I'm not surprised a French person is lecturing us English on how to run England. ;D

Well you are lving in hastings , the site of a battle which gave way to centuries  of french monarchs ruling over england , changing your language and way of life forever.

talking of banana republics , sheep probably never heard about the mysterious rain dance investments company , a company with no website based in an 8 bedroom house in the village of lincoln which mysteriously sent hundreds of thousands up to the better together campaign to keep the sweaties in the union.

Or what about the stalbury trustees sending up hundreds of thousands?

https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/01430799

Or the marquess of salisbury  , or investment bankers many of whom are based in london interfering in scottish democracy?

The stalin quote is spot on as we saw in 2014.

As well as the old saying he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Feckin democracy , i havent laughed so hard in a long while on this forum.  A few english peoples eyes i would wager were opened after what people in your country have seen after the brexit vote.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:32:30 PM

well personally I find the threat of international adjudicators do the trick, or you undermine democracy, that just isn't cricket, we are not a Banana republic yet.

you mean you didnt follow the scot indy ref in 2014 sheep  , to see what a banana republic looks like? ;D

Ruth davidson knew the postal vote was for no before anyone had opened and counted them. ;D

Well him and many others in England think they know it all. ..And fully understand politics and democracy.  ;D

I say let them think that, the sheeples can continue merrily on as they were. :) (I told you he'd wind himself up).

how did your forum go Dyno, when you thought this one had closed by the way?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 08:38:02 PM

well personally I find the threat of international adjudicators do the trick, or you undermine democracy, that just isn't cricket, we are not a Banana republic yet.

you mean you didnt follow the scot indy ref in 2014 sheep  , to see what a banana republic looks like? ;D

Ruth davidson knew the postal vote was for no before anyone had opened and counted them. ;D

Well him and many others in England think they know it all. ..And fully understand politics and democracy.  ;D

I say let them think that, the sheeples can continue merrily on as they were. :) (I told you he'd wind himself up).

+++

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 08:25:04 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 19, 2020, 08:20:33 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 08:07:58 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 19, 2020, 07:38:07 PM
We need new parties, it's that simple really.

What is the point of new parties without a better calibre of MP? I think we have more than a malaise in politics. We have a malaise in society. Education that focuses not on the future adult but on not failing exams. Too many left thinking people in education drawn from left dominated universities. Little thought for those less academically able. Presumaby since they can't enhance a teacher's or school's reputation they are left to flounder.

We have several generations - to coin a well worn phrase - who are more aware of their rights than responsibilities, and those families trying to instil values in their kids are fighting an uphill battle. We need a fundamental change in expectation of all members of society.

Spoken like a true 16 year old William Hague at the Tory conference in 1977.  :D

It's all those yougin's fault (bangs fist), they control everything in politics and ruined it for us!

It's easy to scoff and avoid reality. Unless we change how we raise the kids we will continue to get what we are getting. There has been an ongoing experiment for decades and it has failed.
well to be fair Dynamis is not experienced or wise enough to know better,, seen them come and go many times, they think they have a grip on reality of politics and it usually ends in their idealism meeting reality eventually.

Thomas

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2020, 08:25:04 PM

What is the point of new parties without a better calibre of MP? I think we have more than a malaise in politics. We have a malaise in society. Education that focuses not on the future adult but on not failing exams. Too many left thinking people in education drawn from left dominated universities. Little thought for those less academically able. Presumaby since they can't enhance a teacher's or school's reputation they are left to flounder.

We have several generations - to coin a well worn phrase - who are more aware of their rights than responsibilities, and those families trying to instil values in their kids are fighting an uphill battle. We need a fundamental change in expectation of all members of society.

Spoken like a true 16 year old William Hague at the Tory conference in 1977.  :D

It's all those yougin's fault (bangs fist), they control everything in politics and ruined it for us!

It's easy to scoff and avoid reality.

Why yes, with a pink troll adorning reality!  :D

Unless we change how we raise the kids we will continue to get what we are getting. There has been an ongoing experiment for decades and it has failed.

But your harsh tub thumpy rhetoric, when you're supporting Bojo with his laughable non-ideas wrt raising kids can only be scoffed at, sorry Toots.

The exam fiasco was unbelievable. They can't even get that right...so who is ruining kids' futures again?

Maybe if they had the support net your generation had, with no mass uni debt, inability to get on the housing ladder, good well paid jobs, opportunities, hope etc...they'd do better and try a bit harder. Who ruined that for them and draws big pensions which (according to theTories) we can't afford? And then the govt want to cleanse em' with the C19 - one Tory minister said his gekeration are leeches who may as well be cleansed out!

That's their ideology - not mine(!).

A cross between the Finnish and Japanese education system would be my ideal syqtem as Education Secretary.  8)
+++

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 08:24:13 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:19:16 PM

There is only one poll, when the votes have been counted, Dyno clutches at straws.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.

T00ts

It's easy to scoff and avoid reality. Unless we change how we raise the kids we will continue to get what we are getting. There has been an ongoing experiment for decades and it has failed.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:19:16 PM

There is only one poll, when the votes have been counted, Dyno clutches at straws.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.

Borg Refinery

+++

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 08:13:51 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2020, 08:11:12 PM

I am a populist, I believe in direct democracy, not a republican.

i know you are sheep ....good for you.

Dynamis is feeling politically desolate and lonely  , hence why he is always fecking moaning. ;)

Perhaps he needs the populists to help in his aim to make englands politics a better place.