How Would YOU Have Handled C19?

Started by Dynamis, September 19, 2020, 08:47:20 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

I don't think in the end Boris did that bad a job,sure I criticised at the time though I do feel a certain sympathy that he had I believe a narrow escape when he suffered the effects of covid,we could've acted more quickly but that time has passed.

Though the warning signs were all there few wanted to take them on board not just here but the wider world and the cover ups of blunders aren't confined to just this country either.

On a side note I was watching Attenborough and his predictions that because of the way mankind is acting this won't be a once in a hundred years event but where up to ten such events would happen perhaps in a much shorter space of time.

If he's right how would we cope with that? sobering thought and I hope he's wrong

OK though enough waffle to try to answer the OP a lockdown sooner I feel might have mitigated some of the effects.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

With hindsight . . .

Brought in a strict national lockdown about 2 weeks earlier than actually happened.

Strongly encouraged mask-wearing in public places during lockdown (shops, essential workers etc.)

Made mask wearing compulsory before lockdown was lifted and emphasise the importance of social distancing.

Introduce stricter penalties for people flouting the rules - which I see has been announced today.

Right now I'd be closing pubs, restaurants and tourist venues again, relaunching the 'stay home, save lives' slogan and very close to ordering another lockdown.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borg Refinery

Go into as much detail as you like.

My plan:

Scalable, localized lockdowns with AI models that track movements of people and predict who might be effected and where. Preemptive, localiaed restrictions placed because of the model. Local lockdowns hyper-localized in places where the economy has to keep running (for example big city centres).

Mask wearing encouraged as in Japan.

For example, we had the lowest cases in the country in Hastings - no lockdown.

Travel restrictions: Everyone has to be tested for COVID before travelling, incl across Schengen countries in the 'Continent' landmass. Try not to shut down travel as much as possible.

Intercooperation with other countries asmuch aspossible,to contain the pandemic.

Care homes and all extra-vulnerable to be double shielded and extra resources poured in.

+++