How Would YOU Have Handled C19?

Started by Dynamis, September 19, 2020, 08:47:20 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

remember the old labour lobbyists scandals? :D
Former  labour Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt was alleged to have claimed that she helped to obtain a key seat on a government advisory group for a client paying her £3,000 a day.

QuoteIn January 2009, four Labour peers - Lord Truscott, Lord Taylor of Blackburn, Lord Snape and Lord Moonie - were the subject of an undercover investigation by the Sunday Times.

The newspaper claimed its reporters had approached the men, pretending to be lobbyists acting for a company that wanted help getting an exemption from laws on business rates.

It alleged that all four had offered to help make amendments to legislation for up to £120,000.

A House of Lords committee investigated the peers and found Lord Taylor and Lord Truscott had breached the Lords Code of Conduct by failing to "act on their personal honour". But Lord Snape and Lord Moonie were cleared of wrongdoing.

As a result, Lord Taylor and Lord Truscott became the first members of the House of Lords to be suspended since 1642.
Political lobbyist Derek Draper was caught by the Observer boasting about his links to labour in Downing Street in July 1998.
The controversy over Labour's relationship with Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone was the first funding scandal to hit Labour after it came to power in 1997.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22754297

Angela rayner has some neck bleating about lobbyists with her parties inglorious record on the subject.

Gobby cow who runs with the hares and chases with the hounds , and she was first off the mark to stab corbyn in the back when it suited.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on December 14, 2020, 01:51:50 AM

No, I don't agree that what happened with our govt was the best we could've hoped for, it's just messed up

sure  , but the same is being said in scotland france and many other countries around the world with our respective governments.

There were  anti lockdown protests outside bute house in edinburgh on saturday , and people saying the same about the scot gov as you are about englands gov.

Brother in law says the french are the same with macron and french gov.

You are fighting a losing battle dyno , you arent going to convince anyone that another government would have done much better than johnsons in my opinion.

The current alternative to johnson in downing street is of course new labour and starmer , and i appreciate again you say you dont support them , but realistically can you see starmer and his motley crue of muppets doing any better than johnson and the tories?

I cant.

We are talking about a man who can barely climb down off the fence on any issue to tie his shoelaces he is that hamstrung in fear of internal party politics and infighting  , and any sort of bad press and media scrutiny.

When faced with dumb and dumber the voting public will vote dumb , and thats labours problem , they are currently the worst of a bad bunch in a two horse race , and the public have long memories.

Four men charged after anti-lockdown protest in Edinburgh

The demonstration took place outside the Scottish Parliament before protesters gathered outside Bute House on Saturday.

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/four-men-charged-after-anti-lockdown-protest-in-edinburgh

QuoteCoronavirus: German anti-lockdown protests shift to Polish border

Objectors of coronavirus curbs have converged on Frankfurt-an-der-Oder on Germany's border with Poland. Meanwhile, at viral hot spot Hildburghausen in Thuringia state, the local county chief is under police protection.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-german-anti-lockdown-protests-shift-to-polish-border/a-55761550

sorry dyno but i simply dont agree with you on this.

No government or prime mininster has come out of this without criticism with the exception of new zealands jacinda ardern , who appears to have been "canonised" by the loony left .

As for your story about rayner bleating about lobbyists etc etc , well , i should think labour shouldnt throw stones in glass houses , or should we start trawling up labours ingloriuos record when in power concerning lobbyists and all the rest.?

Thats labours trouble as i keep telling you mate , the tories look like scum for their behaviour at times , but labour look like bigger scum for their hypocrisy , and the public have long memories.

Borg Refinery

This should be a serious offence - even insider trading could've occurred because of this -

The Sunday Times reported that shortly after Pascoe-Watson's temporary role ended, Portland partners wrote to its clients warning them to prepare for a nationwide lockdown, and said Boris Johnson would "announce next week that he is prepared to 'sacrifice November to save December'."

The message was sent several days before details of a potential national lockdown for England began appearing in newspapers.

On the back of the story, the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) lodged a complaint against Portland Communications under its professional charter and code of conduct. Francis Ingham, the PRCA director general, said: "We have well-established independent procedures for investigating such complaints, and those procedures will now be put into action."

Rayner asked Case to investigate "how lobbyists and their clients benefited from this vital information before the public knew, as the rest of the country waited anxiously for government announcements about lockdown ... and whether they could see their families, friends and loved ones."

I don't think that's right, and the Sunday Times are correct to expose this stuff.

They're profiting off of the backs of our suffering, including our time in lock down where we didn't even really need to be locked down so tightly ,for so many months (as I outlined in my first posts in the thread) - they have made us suffer while they rake in bloody billions and give it to their friends.

Barry is telling a lot of truth when he says it's been an unnecessary lockdown, despite people like hyperquack going absolutely nuts and insisting everyone should be locked down as tight as possible. That's just ridiculous.

We could and should have had localised lockdowns and carefully management of international traffic much earlier.

No, I don't agree that what happened with our govt was the best we could've hoped for, it's just messed up
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on December 13, 2020, 03:13:24 PM
I think I would have handled it pretty much the same way as the government has handled it.

Well that's an instant catastrophic fail then, why would you seek to reinvent something everyone thinks has failed, I mean the majority of the country where his own polling support has dropped like a stone..? That's insane Brokie, I don't see why you would seek to emulate that?

Make excuses for him and say he did well etc, but surely you don't want to do what he did.. I don't believe you really would if you really had the power he has tbh. I don't believe it. ;)

QuoteWith the exception of poor bugger such as Streetwalker who really caught a bad dose, it has been a fairly minor outbreak of the flu that has carried away the usual victims ie the old and those with pre existing conditions. Initially there wasn't a vaccine ( and they can test my one on Pappy first just in case there are any side effects that make my arse fall off )

I suspected most of your posts were done arselessly.  :D :D :D :D Or at least partially imbibed.

Quotebut because we live in an increasingly kind and caring society, the feeling was that SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! So if I were in charge of things I would have done a Boris and run around, waving my hands and generally adding to the gaiety of the nation.

:)

QuoteOne thing I would do and suspect that the Blond Blobby has picked up on is haul the Civil Servants who run the Exchequer to one side and say well girls and boys, dogs bollocks but you have done well. Half the country is on an enhanced dole but the roof hasn't fallen in. Write yourself a bonus into your Christmas paycheques 'cos the team done good.

:)
+++

Borchester

I think I would have handled it pretty much the same way as the government has handled it.

With the exception of poor bugger such as Streetwalker who really caught a bad dose, it has been a fairly minor outbreak of the flu that has carried away the usual victims ie the old and those with pre existing conditions. Initially there wasn't a vaccine ( and they can test my one on Pappy first just in case there are any side effects that make my arse fall off ) but because we live in an increasingly kind and caring society, the feeling was that SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! So if I were in charge of things I would have done a Boris and run around, waving my hands and generally adding to the gaiety of the nation.

One thing I would do and suspect that the Blond Blobby has picked up on is haul the Civil Servants who run the Exchequer to one side and say well girls and boys, dogs bollocks but you have done well. Half the country is on an enhanced dole but the roof hasn't fallen in. Write yourself a bonus into your Christmas paycheques 'cos the team done good.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 02:15:46 PM
Are they still getting through though, is there any data suggesting it?

Because this suggest you are wrong:-

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3182

News
Covid lockdown: England sees fewer cases of colds, flu, and bronchitis

aye they are still getting through , if you care to read your own link  , your link says that although colds and respiratory disease are lower than average  , they havent been eliminated as per barrys point , and recently common colds have started to rise again.

Do you ever actually read what you link?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2020, 10:59:35 PM
Any idea why all the usual annual round of coughs, colds and flu are still getting through with all these face masks being worn, Pat? They are not working are they?

Are they still getting through though, is there any data suggesting it?

Because this suggest you are wrong:-

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3182

News
Covid lockdown: England sees fewer cases of colds, flu, and bronchitis

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on December 13, 2020, 10:33:58 AM
Yes it is.
Their second wave is virtually over.

And how does that compare in context..;)
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on October 06, 2020, 12:17:52 PM
Southern Hemisphere is just coming out of winter — a prime time for infections and viruses.
We're just entering our winter.
This is likely to be only the beginning of the reckoning. This is only the first sip, the first foretaste of a bitter cup which will be proffered to us throughout the coming months — unless, by a supreme recovery of moral health and commonsensical vigour, we arise again and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time...

Or there's a vaccine.

;D
+++

patman post

Southern Hemisphere is just coming out of winter — a prime time for infections and viruses.
We're just entering our winter.
This is likely to be only the beginning of the reckoning. This is only the first sip, the first foretaste of a bitter cup which will be proffered to us throughout the coming months — unless, by a supreme recovery of moral health and commonsensical vigour, we arise again and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 06, 2020, 01:08:15 AM
If that is the case, no. But much of the commentary on current seasonal infections is that all the Covid restrictions have so far held them down...
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/09/covid-19-lockdowns-and-vaccinations-driving-flu-deaths-down.htmlb
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/infection-control/flu-cases-significantly-down-in-southern-hemisphere.html
First link is a 404 error and the second link relates to Southern Hemisphere.
I am going on the amount of snotty kids coughing in the village schools, as is normal at this time of the year. Passing it all on to parents and friends.
Anecdotal, I know, but relating to Kent.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2020, 10:59:35 PMAny idea why all the usual annual round of coughs, colds and flu are still getting through with all these face masks being worn, Pat? They are not working are they?
If that is the case, no. But much of the commentary on current seasonal infections is that all the Covid restrictions have so far held them down...
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/09/covid-19-lockdowns-and-vaccinations-driving-flu-deaths-down.htmlb
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/infection-control/flu-cases-significantly-down-in-southern-hemisphere.html
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 04, 2020, 06:21:47 PM
If we're the comparing the UK with different countries, why not with Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Vietnam? They can all boast lower Covid mortality. Why?
Could it be that Far East people have an acquired immunity left over from other virus outbreaks? Or could it be they accept instructions, regulations and rules more readily that the British?
Or could it be greater community spirit? Japanese people began wearing face masks more than 100 years ago during the 1919 flu pandemic and have never really stopped. Anyone getting a cough or a cold there is expected to mask up  to protect those around them...
Any idea why all the usual annual round of coughs, colds and flu are still getting through with all these face masks being worn, Pat? They are not working are they?
† The end is nigh †