How Would YOU Have Handled C19?

Started by Dynamis, September 19, 2020, 08:47:20 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2020, 12:31:49 PM
So why are we administering a vaccine? Are you saying the vaccine is only good for six months? It's exactly the same as catching the virus.

To stop the pandemic.  If I have to have several vaccinations a year so be it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2020, 12:18:44 PM
The science so far is that immunity to Covid 19 is not in years so far it is months.

So why are we administering a vaccine? Are you saying the vaccine is only good for six months? It's exactly the same as catching the virus.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 14, 2020, 12:25:08 PM
As you refuse to provide any back up link and have previously rubbished my evidence about coronavirus immunity periods, I think I'll leave it at that, prof-smurf.

Barry there are briefings from scientists involved every bloody day. That you don't bother to watch them is not my problem.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2020, 12:18:44 PM
The science so far is that immunity to Covid 19 is not in years so far it is months.
As you refuse to provide any back up link and have previously rubbished my evidence about coronavirus immunity periods, I think I'll leave it at that, prof-smurf.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 14, 2020, 11:58:02 AM
Immunity to coronaviruses is typically in the range 2-4 years, which exceeds that claimed by the vaccine makers. Having said that they have done no long term testing.
Also, their claim is 90% immunity, whereas the immunity after infection is far higher than that.
As evidenced by the tiny numbers being re-infected.

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2020, 11:58:24 AMI think this pox is quite a money spinner
For some definitely, but tell that to the guy up the road from us who has closed the village pub, having given up.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 14, 2020, 11:11:27 AM
I hope you recover well, John.
At least you won't need a vaccine!

You would think so.

But as I point out on other threads I had something just like this in Nov 2019 and shook it off, but found my muscle strength much reduced.

My Fellow of the Royal Society pal Roger is less sure catching and surviving guarantees no second hit. And the globulin disappears quickly.

I think this pox is quite a money spinner
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2020, 11:28:02 AM

Why? Any immunity is short lived, so it does not take a rocket scientist to work out anyone who has had Covid-19 will still need vaccinating.
Immunity to coronaviruses is typically in the range 2-4 years, which exceeds that claimed by the vaccine makers. Having said that they have done no long term testing.
Also, their claim is 90% immunity, whereas the immunity after infection is far higher than that.
As evidenced by the tiny numbers being re-infected.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on December 14, 2020, 07:51:25 AM
sure  , but the same is being said in scotland france and many other countries around the world with our respective governments.

Yup, and several in the EU were saying this could be the end of the EU for their utter 100% catastrophic failure to.sort it out, just like it killed off Trump - many yanks believe it lost him the election, and rightly so.

Sure, Starmer - & Nu Lab are and were useless and they did insidery trading dodgy stuff too, but two wrongs don't make a right....
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 14, 2020, 11:17:19 AM
LINK?

Why? Any immunity is short lived, so it does not take a rocket scientist to work out anyone who has had Covid-19 will still need vaccinating.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2020, 08:13:37 AM

I myself have felt knocked sideways by an apparent asthmatic condition if I breathe too hard, but years of knowing that's how you die 40 metres down so calm down breathe what you can and chill, man, chill... is the way.

It sounds easy to say it but when eight of the 550 dives you logged required you to use that technique to get up alive it's not a theory it's second nature.

According to the NHS pricks I have to sit around until Friday after which if I don't fall down dead I get on with my life ...
I hope you recover well, John.
At least you won't need a vaccine!
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2020, 08:13:37 AM
I think the answer to this question has become "ask me on Friday"

A couple of days ago my missus returned to her normal job ushing and recording family court tribunals from an emergency outplacement doing pretty much the same for the immigration tribunal service where smarmy lawyers present the case for those poor people so affected by life choices they travel thousands of miles across countries with no conflict or problem, in order to rock up on a British beach.

Well, I'm guessing a couple of the oily scrotes she had to deal with were rabid with this pox because she's tested positive for it and so have I

Except the false positive failure rate on those tests is now quite concerning. And she's had rabid tonsillitis since Wednesday.

Apart from the tonsillitis she seems to have few other issues.

I myself have felt knocked sideways by an apparent asthmatic condition if I breathe too hard, but years of knowing that's how you die 40 metres down so calm down breathe what you can and chill, man, chill... is the way.

It sounds easy to say it but when eight of the 550 dives you logged required you to use that technique to get up alive it's not a theory it's second nature.

According to the NHS pricks I have to sit around until Friday after which if I don't fall down dead I get on with my life ...

hope you feel better john and you and your family are ok.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

I think the answer to this question has become "ask me on Friday"

A couple of days ago my missus returned to her normal job ushing and recording family court tribunals from an emergency outplacement doing pretty much the same for the immigration tribunal service where smarmy lawyers present the case for those poor people so affected by life choices they travel thousands of miles across countries with no conflict or problem, in order to rock up on a British beach.

Well, I'm guessing a couple of the oily scrotes she had to deal with were rabid with this pox because she's tested positive for it and so have I

Except the false positive failure rate on those tests is now quite concerning. And she's had rabid tonsillitis since Wednesday.

Apart from the tonsillitis she seems to have few other issues.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>