When you click on a local Newspaper link

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 03, 2019, 03:17:25 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Borchester post_id=3776 time=1572808037 user_id=62
It does not bother me. I quite like ads and folk offering me no end of exciting stuff for almost nothing. And even if I didn't, I expect to provide something in return if I am going to read the local rag for free.

That's a great joke. Reading the local rag for free is about as interesting as watching paint dry. It's usually an HTML version of the cop shop report + the fire station report + Extinction Rebellion's latest press release and what the local global charities are conjuring up, and pretty pics of the kids receiving "eduction" with a smile.

Meanwhile computers are busy at work with the Bayesian analysis of which picture you clicked first, to predict plonker IQ.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=3776 time=1572808037 user_id=62
It does not bother me. I quite like ads and folk offering me no end of exciting stuff for almost nothing.

I am puzzled at some of the advertising I get aimed at me, they seem to think my wife and I are worth a lot of money.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=3753 time=1572797668 user_id=51
No surprise really. When a new computer gets set up and before it connects to the Internet for the first time, there is a notice:

Other people may be able to see what you send on the Internet, do you want to continue?

Everyone clicks yes and tends to forget what they just agreed to. A bit like EULAs, which are so long, very few people read them.

Internet privacy isn't.

It does not bother me. I quite like ads and folk offering me no end of exciting stuff for almost nothing. And even if I didn't, I expect to provide something in return if I am going to read the local rag for free.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=3749 time=1572796479 user_id=74
The above list of spies have to be updated with all your information, and as you can see there are a lot of them.

No surprise really. When a new computer gets set up and before it connects to the Internet for the first time, there is a notice:

Other people may be able to see what you send on the Internet, do you want to continue?

Everyone clicks yes and tends to forget what they just agreed to. A bit like EULAs, which are so long, very few people read them.

Internet privacy isn't.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3743 time=1572795135 user_id=89
I am reluctant to click on ANY newspaper website because they take so long to load.

The above list of spies have to be updated with all your information, and as you can see there are a lot of them.

papasmurf

I am reluctant to click on ANY newspaper website because they take so long to load.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baron von Lotsov

Who is in the news this week?

Here's a "local"(sic) paper called Sussex Life. It is published in Norwich though.

"Archant Limited is a newspaper and magazine publishing company headquartered in Norwich, England. The group publishes four daily newspapers, around 50 weekly newspapers, and 80 consumer and contract magazines." Wikipedia

So say you want to read a page. What happens?

All of a sudden you find a lot of organisations watching you. I have the list here.

Internationale Pty Ltd"The information Pi-rate collects includes common information found in every communication sent over the Internet, from which we infer such things as: browser type (e.g., Chrome or Internet Explorer); operating system (e.g., Mac OS or Windows); browser language (e.g., English or Spanish); Internet Protocol (IP) address; Internet Service Provider (e.g., Comcast or Verizon); and mobile advertising identifier, for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets."

Oracle AddThis"Oracle Data Cloud is the fastest growing global Data as a Service (DaaS) business, operating the most accurate data ID Graph™ to enable understanding of consumer behavior across all media channels."

AntVoice "AntVoice helps brands and merchants to identify and target new clients through weak signals analysis and artificial intelligence."

BIDSWITCH GmbH "Connected to over 180 Supply platforms across all media formats, BidSwitch listens to the entire global programmatic bidstream processing, filtering for fraud & classifying it-- layering on data and other services, then intelligently distributing it to relevant buyers across more than 220 Demand Side Technology platforms – all in real-time."

SMARTSTREAM.TV GmbH "Smartstream.tv bietet umfassende Video Advertising Lösungen in der DACH Region. Wir ermöglichen Advertisern und Agenturen eine wirkungsvolle Ansprache ..."

Acuityads Inc."Our product suite is anchored by a proprietary Consumer Valuing Tool, which works to assist marketers in correctly valuing the cost of digital media and to achieve goals with greater efficiency. It does this using insights that offer fingerprint level understanding of users in order to identify, assess and incorporate learnings into each buying decision."

Perform Media Services Ltd - no website no information

ADman Interactive SL"Adman Interactive SL designs and develops video supply software. "

Lucid Holdings, LLC "Lucid Holdings LLC provides market research technology. The Company develops and produces solutions for the automation of online sampling."

Beemray Oy"We use machine learning to understand consumers changing mindsets in realtime."

Adobe Advertising Cloud

AdSpirit GmbH

YOC AG

Criteo SA

district m inc.

LEMO MEDIA GROUP LIMITED

EMX Digital LLC

OneTag Ltd

Gamned

Nativo, Inc.

remerge GmbH

Telaria, Inc

Dataxu, Inc.

ADMAN - Phaistos Networks, S.A.

adrule mobile GmbH

Yieldmo, Inc.

Pocketmath Pte Ltd

Genius Sports Media Limited

Clicksco Digital Limited

ShareThis, Inc.

Cuebiq Inc.

AudienceProject Aps

Simplifi Holdings Inc.

McCann Discipline LTD

Spotad

Mobile Professionals BV

NetSuccess, s.r.o.

Automattic Inc.

Codewise Sp. z o.o. Sp. k

SlimCut Media SAS

Ad selection, delivery, reporting

You can look up the rest if you like. Nosy bastards eh?