Ideology v facts in schools

Started by T00ts, September 21, 2020, 07:20:42 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2020, 11:06:45 AM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 22, 2020, 08:58:26 AM
Welcome to the "new religion" Toots. It's already racist to be white, Toxic to be male and homophobic to be straight. You might laugh, but the rise of words like "Karen's" shows who will be next.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Well sort of.

As long as men accept that they are the ones who will go down stairs with a poker when the womenfolk hear a noise, we will still be the ones running the show.

Of course, it is not a good idea to tell the tottie that. :)

You think?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Borchester

Welcome to the "new religion" Toots. It's already racist to be white, Toxic to be male and homophobic to be straight. You might laugh, but the rise of words like "Karen's" shows who will be next.

Well sort of.

As long as men accept that they are the ones who will go down stairs with a poker when the womenfolk hear a noise, we will still be the ones running the show.

Of course, it is not a good idea to tell the tottie that. :)
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 02:46:07 PM

I don't think this lady should be facing the sack, for having an opinion.
We were indoctrinated with religion when I went to school . The only sex education I can remember was, as follows.
With girls, don't do it. With boys definitely don't do it. With yourselves you will go blind if you do, so don't. It was all so straight forward.

Whose going to read this out for Borchester?

Good old

I don't think this lady should be facing the sack, for having an opinion.
We were indoctrinated with religion when I went to school . The only sex education I can remember was, as follows.
With girls, don't do it. With boys definitely don't do it. With yourselves you will go blind if you do, so don't. It was all so straight forward.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2020, 10:34:25 AM
Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2020, 10:25:43 AM
My granddaughter had a bit of a 4 years old crush on her friend Eve who she thought she might marry.
Granddad, being a trifle politically incorrect, gently told her that mostly boys marry girls and girls marry boys.
Anyway, she's 9 now and I understand Liam or Gareth are currently in the running for wedding bells.  ;D ;D

I remember at 11 having a massive crush on Jennifer. She was amazing, about 16, and a fantastic dancer as well as a really nice kind person who looked after me when I was the only youngster in the back row of a ballet class of much older students. I thought she was wonderful. Did it mean I was gay? No. I do wonder though if I was to confess that now at that age whether some 'well meaning' teacher would cart me off for gender reassignment or LGBT indoctrination. How different my life could have been. Having taught over the years I have observed those same crushes of younger students on older ones who in their eyes were amazing. I think it is a bit like a rite of passage just as a boy might idolise a footballer.
That's the problem these days. Disgusting trans lobby groups, like Mermaids would have had you off on one, taking tablets to suppress your hormones and prevent puberty, causing untold, untested harm to your body.
Kids are so impressionable.
When I was 11, I had a similar experience in school with admiration for a young blonde lad called Cliff. These things are part of growing up, hormones are all over the place, but by the time I left school I was clearly after girls!  :P
† The end is nigh †

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on September 21, 2020, 07:20:42 PMOne comment that really interested me was that 'schools should teach facts not ideology

Christianity is an ideology. A Christians position on homosexuality, contraception etc is all ideological.

The problem here is with people preferring their ideology (which they call facts) over another ideology (which they think of as propaganda).

The women should not of been stacked based on the information given in the link posted. 
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on September 21, 2020, 07:28:37 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 21, 2020, 07:20:42 PM
I read today about a Christian lady who is a School secretary. She was sacked because her school came across a FB post that she had made condemning LGBT teaching in schools particularly primary.  She is taking them to court.
I was interested to note that most comments were in support with very few dissenters, particularly in that she was sacked for voicing a genuine opinion, with comments that children should be children amid free speech concerns.

One comment that really interested me was that 'schools should teach facts not ideology'. Have we got to the point where we are allowing our children to be indoctrinated or should we not be concerned? Should the classroom stop at facts?
Should she be sacked for voicing an opinion outside of her work? Clearly not,school is there to teach not indoctrinate but showing tolerance  to those yet to become adults is no bad thing.
I really think it should stop at facts. But of course it never has. Remember those dreadful morning assembles . What happens now is akin to implanting an alternative religion.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 21, 2020, 07:20:42 PM

One comment that really interested me was that 'schools should teach facts not ideology'. Have we got to the point where we are allowing our children to be indoctrinated or should we not be concerned? Should the classroom stop at facts?

Children always have been indoctrinated at school, nothing has changed.
For a start history is written by the winners.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2020, 10:25:43 AM
My granddaughter had a bit of a 4 years old crush on her friend Eve who she thought she might marry.
Granddad, being a trifle politically incorrect, gently told her that mostly boys marry girls and girls marry boys.
Anyway, she's 9 now and I understand Liam or Gareth are currently in the running for wedding bells.  ;D ;D

I remember at 11 having a massive crush on Jennifer. She was amazing, about 16, and a fantastic dancer as well as a really nice kind person who looked after me when I was the only youngster in the back row of a ballet class of much older students. I thought she was wonderful. Did it mean I was gay? No. I do wonder though if I was to confess that now at that age whether some 'well meaning' teacher would cart me off for gender reassignment or LGBT indoctrination. How different my life could have been. Having taught over the years I have observed those same crushes of younger students on older ones who in their eyes were amazing. I think it is a bit like a rite of passage just as a boy might idolise a footballer.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2020, 09:07:05 AM

It certainly seems that way. My grandson is almost one year old and my daughter is already concerned at how much brainwashing he will meet at school.

Thats always been the case toots. You counter it , as my grandad did with me , and im doing wae my kids , by telling them different and offering your own interpretation.

I never learned one bit of scottish history in any local authority school i went to in west of scotland in my childhood for example. The various labour councils frowned on the teaching of anyhting "scottish"

Everything i learned in my childhood , and my great interest for scottish history came from my old grandad , simply taking me down the library and teaching me and discussing things.

Im at the moment countering the BLM "slavery " trope being taught to kids in schools. My daughter didnt realise white slavery was a part of western society for far longer in history than black ever was.

They do brainwash the kids , over everything , and all you need to do is unbrainwash them.

Especailly about ever voting labour..... :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

It certainly seems that way. My grandson is almost one year old and my daughter is already concerned at how much brainwashing he will meet at school.

DeppityDawg

johnofgwent

Well if a classroom stops at facts then RE should go out of the window...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

No outsiders is the ideology that caused the problems in Birmingham, especially amongst Islamic people.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-47738863
† The end is nigh †