« previous - next »

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 05:19:33 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 05:01:44 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 04:51:15 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 04:17:28 PM
Starmer is wowing the sheep with his smooth talking and snake oil salesman shit.

It's depressing that people who are older than me, and who ought to be wiser than me are falling for it. I hope I'm proven wrong and Stammer falls flat on his face but... it looks just as foregone a conclusion as Trump winning in 'murica.

Fair enough  but if Starmer falls flat on his face. What do you get.?  Where does the wisdom lie  in this?

Yes, defend Lab at all costs.. I get it. Unfortunately, men described as 'the enemy of women' for letting lots of rapists go unprosecuted, are not getting my vote.

That's not a factual statement. You meant lots of accused rapists.
You are setting the bar extremely high, as rape is an extremely hard crime to prosecute , no body in that job has ever found it any easier than Starmer did .  Where it has been prosecuted the failure rate is very high. In real terms that represents an enormous amount of wasted tax payers money.  And part of the job is to not waste money.
Any way who is the great herald of moral and virtuous perfection you are going to be lead by if Starmer fails.?

Unbelievable. So I and Thomas are making up all the stuff about him?

Let me guess, the Iraq war was legal and Saddam had WMD too?
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2020, 05:17:33 PM
Starmer is wowing the sheep with his smooth talking and snake oil salesman shit.

It's depressing that people who are older than me, and who ought to be wiser than me are falling for it. I hope I'm proven wrong and Stammer falls flat on his face but... it looks just as foregone a conclusion as Trump winning in 'murica.

Fair enough  but if Starmer falls flat on his face. What do you get.?  Where does the wisdom lie  in this?

Yes, defend Lab at all costs.. I get it. Unfortunately, men described as 'the enemy of women' for letting lots of rapists go unprosecuted, are not getting my vote.

What's that about? Are you talking about Starmer?

Indeed.

I got my ref a bit mixed up, the CPS under him was described 'an enemy to women', but I posted this on here before.

https://medium.com/@lucynevitt/starmers-shambolic-cps-affabd38bb6d

Also;

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/we-take-issue-over-sir-keirs-record-as-dpp

He reportedly met with 'women against rape' in 2010 and just dismissed their concerns.

He pledged to increase police heavy handedness against lefty protesters, and has a poor record as Thomas demonstrated.
+++

Good old

That's not a factual statement. You meant lots of accused rapists.
You are setting the bar extremely high, as rape is an extremely hard crime to prosecute , no body in that job has ever found it any easier than Starmer did .  Where it has been prosecuted the failure rate is very high. In real terms that represents an enormous amount of wasted tax payers money.  And part of the job is to not waste money.
Any way who is the great herald of moral and virtuous perfection you are going to be lead by if Starmer fails.?

T00ts

What's that about? Are you talking about Starmer?

Borg Refinery

+++

Good old

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on September 22, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 04:08:33 PM

The left in Labour despise everyone not left in Labour.
If Churchill's CV had been the only guide to his  future he wouldn't have got through the door of the HoP, and he is not the only one. Any one that has ever held any sort of office will not have kept everybody happy, and Starmer is no different.

Ok but we are discussing starmers problems .

He needs to placate the left of his party , while holding it together.

We discussed the 54% english brexiters and 56% scottish indy supporters who wont touch him.

He has been largely silent on many issues as you and i have discussed  ,and when he does stick his head( eventually) above the parapet , all these things like de menezes etc will be getting chucked at him big time.

I think starmer has bigger problems as yet barely discussed waiting for him down the line than the tories.

Every day im hearing more and more skeletons in starmers closet .

Barrels of gunpwder ware getting stacked sky high under a man who has barely been scrutinised because of covid and brexit.

Labour arent letting a good crises go to waste as we would expect , but it works both ways , once the crises is over , the snp and tory guns will be getting turned on starmer big feckin time.

Yes I agree every negative will come his way, but how much it will effect the situation at any given time will be determined by the all round conditions that are guiding opinion at that time..
If he starts to look as if he is really getting underTory skin,I think  the left will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Brexit has to appear to be a success, I have said that before. An awful lot of Brexit people I have come across were in fact extremely flakey , and if things are not working out for them in four years time  their ideas can go into reverse.
The general public are consumed with Covid, at this time , I doubt general policy from Starmer ,is going to get much notice from the average character until things have moved on a bit. I have said it before he should be all about timing. And the time isn't yet.
Of course you are hearing things about Starmer,.  I hear things about Boris, but  he is in No 10  .
The Tories and their weapons , what's new. ?
Starmer ,or any other Labour leader has a mountain to climb that can not be denied, it is probably more realistic that a coalition  is the best bet. But it is not  a totally secure situation for the Tories.

papasmurf

It's depressing that people who are older than me, and who ought to be wiser than me are falling for it.

They fell for Bojo-The-Clowns bullshine.

Borg Refinery

+++

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 04:08:33 PM

If Churchill's CV had been the only guide to his  future he wouldn't have got through the door of the HoP, and he is not the only one. Any one that has ever held any sort of office will not have kept everybody happy, and Starmer is no different.

Ok but we are discussing starmers problems .

He needs to placate the left of his party , while holding it together.

We discussed the 54% english brexiters and 56% scottish indy supporters who wont touch him.

He has been largely silent on many issues as you and i have discussed  ,and when he does stick his head( eventually) above the parapet , all these things like de menezes etc will be getting chucked at him big time.

I think starmer has bigger problems as yet barely discussed waiting for him down the line than the tories.

Every day im hearing more and more skeletons in starmers closet .

Barrels of gunpwder ware getting stacked sky high under a man who has barely been scrutinised because of covid and brexit.

Labour arent letting a good crises go to waste as we would expect , but it works both ways , once the crises is over , the snp and tory guns will be getting turned on starmer big feckin time.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on September 22, 2020, 03:58:24 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 03:33:59 PM

I'm not at all sure that Starmer , will try to be another Blair, He certainly hasn't got the face wide grin. But beyond that I think his policy is more likely to be more solidly Labour ,  than just New Labour.
The Tories have to come out of the next four years looking as if they really have got complete control of what could well be a very difficult period. It might depend on who is the PM at that time. If not the country might well be looking for a solid steady performer and that could be Starmer.
As he pointed out this morning. When Boris, was getting sacked for writing lies in his column ,and waffling about bent bananas . He Starmer, was prosecuting terrorists. In a crisis that might well ring a bell.

LMFAO.

The left in labour despise him as an estblishment stoogie , the director of public prosecutions in england who refused to prosecute the officers who killed de menezes and ian tomlinson.

Quote Though supporters insist it is not fair to paint Starmer as culpable for individual decisions, he has nonetheless been blamed - often inaccurately - for decisions not to prosecute police involved in the deaths of Jean Charles de Menezes and Ian Tomlinson, as well for the introduction of harsher penalties for fraudulent welfare claimants.

Polling for the NS by Redfield and Wilton Strategies, a member of the British Polling Council, suggests that media coverage of Starmer's past career could have an impact at the ballot box.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/04/keir-starmer-labour-leader-record-prosecutions-DPP

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2020, 03:33:59 PM

I'm not at all sure that Starmer , will try to be another Blair, He certainly hasn't got the face wide grin. But beyond that I think his policy is more likely to be more solidly Labour ,  than just New Labour.
The Tories have to come out of the next four years looking as if they really have got complete control of what could well be a very difficult period. It might depend on who is the PM at that time. If not the country might well be looking for a solid steady performer and that could be Starmer.
As he pointed out this morning. When Boris, was getting sacked for writing lies in his column ,and waffling about bent bananas . He Starmer, was prosecuting terrorists. In a crisis that might well ring a bell.

LMFAO.

The left in labour despise him as an estblishment stoogie , the director of public prosecutions in england who refused to prosecute the officers who killed de menezes and ian tomlinson.

Quote Though supporters insist it is not fair to paint Starmer as culpable for individual decisions, he has nonetheless been blamed - often inaccurately - for decisions not to prosecute police involved in the deaths of Jean Charles de Menezes and Ian Tomlinson, as well for the introduction of harsher penalties for fraudulent welfare claimants.

Polling for the NS by Redfield and Wilton Strategies, a member of the British Polling Council, suggests that media coverage of Starmer's past career could have an impact at the ballot box.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/04/keir-starmer-labour-leader-record-prosecutions-DPP
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2020, 03:42:36 PM

I think you are right that Starmer will not try to emulate Blair -

I doubt he could emulate that smarmy git Blair.

Good old

Rushed that Toots,. Should have read. Instead of a team of spin doctors ,maybe he needs A brilliant PR, with a background in Hollywood? :)