Next GE

Started by Nick, September 21, 2020, 10:38:14 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 23, 2020, 04:39:48 AM

Who is Bibi?
It is the nickname for Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 23, 2020, 08:10:22 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2020, 08:24:24 PM

We are where we are. He was not my choice but he is Labour leader now. And I remain a Labour Party member right now. Thus far as leader he has made some dubious internal decisions, but externally done little except spout empty platitudes. I will give him enough rope to hang himself with, especially re policy. And I will not be told this is wrong by political enemies. I am guided much more by my political friends inside the party and on it's left. All of whom mostly believe in standing and fighting from the inside for what we believe is right. And we will not publicly turn on Starmer until he gives us very solid reasons for doing so, because we need a majority of the membership behind us to effect change.

I know you SNP guys would love to sit back and enjoy the spectacle of WW3 taking place inside Labour, grinning as you munch your popcorn. But we will not dance to your tune on that. I will not.

Good im glad we have cleared up your ambiguity over starmer and the blairites.

So what you are saying is despite your earlier fence sitting over starmer and protests about blairites , you are a labourite through and through who will put up with anything to get labour into power at the expense of your much announced earlier politics and political morals?

So no more running away during deabte from the blairites or starmers record...........you support them , you own them and their mistakes.
Twisting things again to suit your own desired narrative. You should know by now that I am no supporter of Blairites and am awaiting developments on policy. Twist that into me cheerleading Blairites all you like. But your fondness for taking someone's words and twisting them into something else which straw man you then attack has been duly noted.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borg Refinery

We are where we are. He was not my choice but he is Labour leader now. And I remain a Labour Party member right now. Thus far as leader he has made some dubious internal decisions, but externally done little except spout empty platitudes. I will give him enough rope to hang himself with, especially re policy. And I will not be told this is wrong by political enemies. I am guided much more by my political friends inside the party and on it's left. All of whom mostly believe in standing and fighting from the inside for what we believe is right. And we will not publicly turn on Starmer until he gives us very solid reasons for doing so, because we need a majority of the membership behind us to effect change.

I know you SNP guys would love to sit back and enjoy the spectacle of WW3 taking place inside Labour, grinning as you munch your popcorn. But we will not dance to your tune on that. I will not.

So what you are saying is despite your earlier fence sitting over starmer and protests about blairites , you are a labourite through and through who will put up with anything to get labour into power at the expense of your much announced earlier politics and political morals?

So no more running away during deabte from the blairites or starmers record...........you support them , you own them and their mistakes.

👍

I like srb, he seems like a decent bloke but I think he needs to realize that Lab isn't his party as he he is too principled for the likes of them. He agrees with me that we need new parties in England.
+++

Nick

If they got in what do the Lefties expect them to do? Hit the rich with mega tax? These people are multi-millionaires them selves. Delusional.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 23, 2020, 05:55:34 AM

Oh don't be stupid. You know as well as I do what happens to evidence.

I do some people don't like it when presented with it, and take it out of context when they selectively quote it.
So here is ALL of the  quote:-

With more at link:-

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-starmer-grooming-victims/false-claim-uk-labour-leader-keir-starmer-says-in-interview-that-grooming-victims-shouldnt-be-believed-if-they-have-misued-drugs-or-alcohol-or-have-a-criminal-record-idUSKBN22Q30F

the Channel 5 interview reveals Starmer is actually talking about new guidelines that address failings in the system, not justifying the previous criteria for dealing with grooming cases.

"These guidelines are a recognition of the approach that has been taken in the past was the wrong approach," Starmer says. "It was based on a number of assumptions which don't withstand scrutiny. The guidelines change that and they require the police and prosecutors to focus intensely on the allegation actually being made and not so much on the weaknesses and vulnerabilities that are invariably there in some of the victims that come forward."

Asked to expand on what was going wrong, Starmer replies: "The assumptions that were made included the assumption that a victim of child sexual abuse will swiftly report what happened to them to the police, will be able to give a coherent and consistent account, first time. That they will not themselves have engaged in any offending or other behaviour, and that they will not have misused drugs or alcohol at any stage. Those assumptions do not withstand scrutiny, they have got to change, the guidelines make that clear and so this is a clear break with the past."

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That was deliberately doctored afterwards:-

Health Minister Nadine Dorries shared the edited version of the video along with the comment "Revealing" while fellow Conservative MP Maria Caulfield said "True Face of the Labour Leader #shameful" in another retweet. Conservative MP Lucy Allan also re-posted the video.

All three later removed their responses, and Caulfield also deleted her account,

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 07:04:44 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 06:48:46 PM

Good luck with your man Stammer who presided over the colossal Rotherham feck up

Can you please explain that with evidence. (I do mean evidence.)

Oh don't be stupid. You know as well as I do what happens to evidence.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 11:27:51 PM

Why are you even trying to defend Starmer in the first place? I thought he was in the pocket of Bibi and a backstabber and traitor?

I defend anyone subjected to lies, propaganda, spin, and selective out of context quotes  and "edits," changing the entire context of what they said.
Who is Bibi?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 09:54:00 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2020, 09:09:35 PM

No he has not.
It was in your post.
QuoteThe 22-second video clip of a TV interview with Starmer has been shared widely on social media, such as in a post (here) in which the accompanying text claims it shows Starmer "explaining in FORENSIC Details why victims of grooming gangs shouldn't be believed if they've been under the influence or have a criminal record !!"

It was not a comment by me, it was in a reference I posted.

So Starmer bears NO responsibility whatsoever for what happened at the CPS during the Rotherham scandal you're saying?

You have been reduced to inventing stories about how I posted Nadine Dorres' famous twitter fairytale, when the only one who even mentioned it was you.

Why are you even trying to defend Starmer in the first place? I thought he was in the pocket of Bibi and a backstabber and traitor?
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on September 22, 2020, 08:40:42 PM
Social democratic, ain't that what Starmer says he is?

And how does that effect whether Corbyn's a moderate soc dem or not?
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2020, 09:09:35 PM

No he has not.
It was in your post.
QuoteThe 22-second video clip of a TV interview with Starmer has been shared widely on social media, such as in a post (here) in which the accompanying text claims it shows Starmer "explaining in FORENSIC Details why victims of grooming gangs shouldn't be believed if they've been under the influence or have a criminal record !!"

It was not a comment by me, it was in a reference I posted.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 07:33:25 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2020, 07:29:56 PM
So people who have been drinking or had a brush with the law NEVER tell the truth! Rubbish.

Sorry but I don't recognise that comment as being from me, have you misquoted?
No he has not.
It was in your post.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 08:27:12 PMI'm a reactionary, small minded, hypocritical religious zealot and an ideological fantasist.

Nice :D :D  :D :D

Sheepy

Social democratic, ain't that what Starmer says he is?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2020, 08:03:39 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 22, 2020, 07:54:40 PM

I'm not a Lab activist mate. I thought about joining the party in 2015 (after Siliband was done and Corbo got in) and may have donated a quid or something, but never went to meetings or participated.

A slight digression, but elsewhere you refuted my description of you as left wing. But even thinking about joining in 2015 as a result of Corbyn getting in, and donating money, and I believe you have said elsewhere that you voted for Labour under him once, is all a very strange course of action for someone not at all left wing. Doth you protest too much?

1) I didn't join though.

2) I liked Corbo himself and decided everyone around him was awful.

No I wouldn't say that. Corbyn's platform in reality was moderately social democratic, I thought he'd be a better alternative to the Tories.

I was wrong to support him as it turns out he did all this..

https://pol-tics.com/index.php/topic,641.msg38638.html#msg38638

..which seems rampant among the left. So no I'm not a leftist and don't lump me in with them.

I'm a reactionary, small minded, hypocritical religious zealot and an ideological fantasist.
+++