Main Menu

Success

Started by Nick, November 03, 2019, 10:54:44 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Nick post_id=3837 time=1572863678 user_id=73
Successful means someone who stands on their own two feet and not dependent on handouts.

Not in my dictionary.

"accomplishing a desired aim or result."
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3875 time=1572878468 user_id=89
America, France and Germany, got the information at the same time as HMRC and thus far HMRC appears to have done nothing.

I did get it the first time round no need to repeat it

The Government put in place legislation in 2017 re offshore accounts and assets HMRC are taking them to task recovered £2.8 billion so far

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc-warns-its-time-to-declare-offshore-assets">https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc ... ore-assets">https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc-warns-its-time-to-declare-offshore-assets
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

I agree I think most people know someone who has never worked or held down a job down for long, I have no problem with those who are unable to work due to illness or disability being looked after, that is what the system is for.

What I do have a problem with is the admin mistakes made by the Benefits people paying out too little or too much , and the fraud both cost us the taxpayers many millions of pounds every year
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3860 time=1572872416 user_id=89
So your parents paid for you  to go to private school, you have never used the NHS?

The problem is the Tories do not look after those who work hard, millions are on in work benefits because their pay is far too low to live on, and in many cases they provide the services you take for granted.

I didn't go to private school and my NI contributions pay for very odd occasion I use the NHS.

As for benefits, I know you deny it but there are many people that don't want to work and pay into the system.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3872 time=1572876226 user_id=69
I remember the head lines some years back as far as I am aware HMRC work with their counterparts world wide, HMRC can only put tax evaders in front of our Courts if any tax evaders commit offences within UK 's jurisdiction  as far as I am aware

America, France and Germany, got the information at the same time as HMRC and thus far HMRC appears to have done nothing.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

I remember the head lines some years back as far as I am aware HMRC work with their counterparts world wide, HMRC can only put tax evaders in front of our Courts if any tax evaders commit offences within UK 's jurisdiction  as far as I am aware

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3869 time=1572875446 user_id=69
Really how can you reach a figure on either only estimates ? as for off shore accounts it does not mean that HMRC do not know about most of them, I have an off shore account does that make me a tax evader?

HMRC was gifted the information from several whistle blowers several years ago as was America, France and Germany. Those three have recovered £billions and jailed people. It appears HMRC has done nothing. (Yet.)

Churchill

Really how can you reach a figure on either only estimates ? as for off shore accounts it does not mean that HMRC do not know about most of them, I have an off shore account does that make me a tax evader?

Churchill

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3860 time=1572872416 user_id=89
So your parents paid for you  to go to private school, you have never used the NHS?

The problem is the Tories do not look after those who work hard, millions are on in work benefits because their pay is far too low to live on, and in many cases they provide the services you take for granted.

It matters not if you pay any direct taxation on your income or not as long as you are in the country legally and or a British citizen you have access to the NHS and schooling for your children, if you have no income at all you will receive some sort of benefits, and where possible a place to live.

I have no idea about benefits as I have never claimed any on over 50 years of working full time.

Those who do have an income over the tax threshold pay, the Tories took some workers out of income tax bracket completely the Tories prefer a more fairer tax regime for workers as it means they have more disposable income every payday, those that pay more because they earn still only get the same services NHS included as those who have little or no income at all.

The more fairer a tax system is the more revenue is collected willingly paid, a punitive system means less revenue is collected as tax evasion and avoidance is lower.

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3865 time=1572873627 user_id=69
 the largest tax evaders are  career criminals and those working cash in hand as many have for years.

That is peanuts compared with the offshored evaded tax every year.

Churchill

Labours mantra has not changed for years same old story its all the rich toffs fault and big business is screwing you all their usual pitch, the rich and big business already pay the lions share of tax on their earnings even if they take advantage of tax avoidance measures, the largest tax evaders are  career criminals and those working cash in hand as many have for years.

There is no doubt that those with money will simply leave for a few years it happened in France a few years back, some are now returning since they lowered taxation on income

if Corbyn and McDonnell and his fellow Marxists win the GE, if the well off don't physically leave their money will, as soon as Corbyn stated what Labour would do the pound dropped even more that is how nervous the money people are about Labour.

In order to finance their wild out dated tried and failed miserably over the years ideology, they will have to tax everyone with an income of any sort such as all workers or those on pensions or savings more to make up the shortfall, everyone will have less disposable income as prices rise so  high wage demands will go in inflation will rise a vicious circle which happened before.

I am no economist but I think it will be a total financial disaster for the UK's economy, investors will head for pastures new global companies will pull out and many across the UK will end up out of work, so they will have to increase income tax again to fund the already large bill to keep the Welfare State going.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick post_id=3859 time=1572871967 user_id=73
noun

a system whereby the state undertakes to protect the health and well-being of its citizens, especially those in financial or social need, by means of grants, pensions, and other benefits.

I know I haven't had a penny that I didn't earn through working. That's why I vote Conservative, they look after those that work hard. Unlike Labour that reward failure and look down on those that strive to be successful.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3839 time=1572865564 user_id=89
You don't understand the welfare state at all do you.

noun

a system whereby the state undertakes to protect the health and well-being of its citizens, especially those in financial or social need, by means of grants, pensions, and other benefits.

I know I haven't had a penny that I didn't earn through working. That's why I vote Conservative, they look after those that work hard. Unlike Labour that reward failure and look down on those that strive to be successful.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=3856 time=1572871577 user_id=54
I wouldn't class myself as having a hysterical fear. That's rather overstating the case.

I am commenting on the hysterical fear being shown by the Tories, right wing, media/press and others.

It is now so ridiculous it is counter productive. If it carries on during the General Election campaign they could get what they fear.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3855 time=1572870700 user_id=89
You and others and judging by their  hysterical fear of Corbyn seem to have a mindset that Labour stands a chance of getting elected with a massive landslide majority.

They won't.

I wouldn't class myself as having a hysterical fear. That's rather overstating the case. Corbyn himself already has his days numbered. I don't think for a minute he could cope in No10. For a start he would run the second they tried to give him the security routine. I understood that thousands of under 35s had registered to vote in 24 hours last week. They might be just gullible enough to imagine that Labour is the buzz word for Utopia and do their best to achieve the magical kingdom.