Labour Connected: Starmer’s speech on a return to power

Started by GBNews, September 22, 2020, 01:05:42 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2020, 07:51:09 PM
People have long liked Bozo since well before the issue of Brexit. Although they tended to like him on the basis that he'd be a good laugh down the pub. But what is being tested to destruction right now is that being a good laugh down the pub does not automatically equate to good leadership material.

neither does a boring cowardly lawyer who backstabbed his previous leader at every opportunity , and rarely sticks his head above the parapet except to apologise for everything labour have ever done or are about to do.

Remember when corbyn refused to apologise to the jewish communty last november saying he had done nothing wrong?

Starmer was right out afterwards apologising publicly to the jewish community making corbyn look like a total cant in the process and undermining him.

The bloke down the pub atleast had the balls to go out and fight his corner , while the boring lawyer spends most of his time uttering empty platitudes and keeping his fingers crossed , hoping the wind changes in his favour.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2020, 07:44:14 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 07:34:47 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2020, 07:31:59 PM
It is said that women often dictate who wins elections based on absolutely nothing political.

Why do women vote for Bojo-The-Clown then?

Perhaps because he is a clown. He has a charm for many women - which possibly explains his diverse private life. Pre-election he had a charisma that I think attracted many and some quite like a naughty boy. The bottom lie was that he was the only Brexiteer and it was a vote on only one subject. Once we are out that will change.
People have long liked Bozo since well before the issue of Brexit. Although they tended to like him on the basis that he'd be a good laugh down the pub. But what is being tested to destruction right now is that being a good laugh down the pub does not automatically equate to good leadership material.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 07:34:47 PM
It is said that women often dictate who wins elections based on absolutely nothing political.

Perhaps because he is a clown. He has a charm for many women - which possibly explains his diverse private life. Pre-election he had a charisma that I think attracted many and some quite like a naughty boy. The bottom lie was that he was the only Brexiteer and it was a vote on only one subject. Once we are out that will change.

papasmurf

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 07:25:01 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2020, 07:16:35 PM

One prominent local left winger has just been suspended for 12 months over allegations he utterly refutes which he is not allowed to share with us, and without as yet having faced any due process. He is very much the driving force behind the local left which is why he has been targeted. He cannot discuss the allegations with us because to do so risks his expulsion and our suspension, which is exactly what they want to happen.

As far as I am aware there are 70 court cases pending about false accusations of anti-Semitism.

link?

Thomas

Many of us on the left - led by Corbyn - tried to do just that and were labelled anti-semites. To be critical of Israel or to oppose the oppression of the Palestinians is to be anti-semitic in Starmer's eyes. It is gearing up to be the excuse used to purge the left.

One prominent local left winger has just been suspended for 12 months over allegations he utterly refutes which he is not allowed to share with us, and without as yet having faced any due process. He is very much the driving force behind the local left which is why he has been targeted. He cannot discuss the allegations with us because to do so risks his expulsion and our suspension, which is exactly what they want to happen.

Starmer is widely and openly endorsing everything that was claimed about corbyn and the party during his tenure being anti semitic  , and you said the jury is still out to me the other day?

Starmer is giving credibility  to claims of  anti semtism  every time he opens his mouth. This is exactly the cowardice i keep talking about with this guy.

He is an out and out grovelling snivelling wretch of a man.

You have strongly denied any claims of anti semitsm in your party when corbyn was in charge.....we discussed it many a time , so how you can give him a chance and tell me you will wait and see when every moment he gets he undermines corbyns credibility with his actions is beyond me.

T00ts

It is said that women often dictate who wins elections based on absolutely nothing political.  If Starmer is going to make any impact I would think he needs serious work at charm school.

papasmurf

As far as I am aware there are 70 court cases pending about false accusations of anti-Semitism.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2020, 07:03:21 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2020, 06:44:31 PM

But I actually agree with you here.

That is three of us. Starmer will have to grow a pair and kick Netanyahu's influence out of the party.
Many of us on the left - led by Corbyn - tried to do just that and were labelled anti-semites. To be critical of Israel or to oppose the oppression of the Palestinians is to be anti-semitic in Starmer's eyes. It is gearing up to be the excuse used to purge the left.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2020, 06:44:31 PM

That is three of us. Starmer will have to grow a pair and kick Netanyahu's influence out of the party.

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 22, 2020, 06:40:50 PM
So, two minutes in which he spent the first 50 seconds admitting labour f**ked up and the next 20 kissing jewish butt

no details at all save the "we will root out antisemisitism".

Which means more seeing things netanyahu's way or else ...
This is definitely a rarity if not a first.

T00ts

I started watching but couldn't cope with the vacant stare. It's quite unnerving.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 22, 2020, 06:40:50 PM
So, two minutes in which he spent the first 50 seconds admitting labour f**ked up and the next 20 kissing jewish butt

Quite.

johnofgwent

So, two minutes in which he spent the first 50 seconds admitting labour fucked up and the next 20 kissing jewish butt

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>