Labour Connected: Starmer’s speech on a return to power

Started by GBNews, September 22, 2020, 01:05:42 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: News on September 22, 2020, 01:05:42 PM
Labour Connected: Starmer's speech on a return to power

Labour is becoming a "competent, credible opposition", claims Keir Starmer during his first conference speech as leader.

Source: Labour Connected: Starmer's speech on a return to power
I have to say that as a Labour Party member I was less than wholly convinced and there were a number of worrying clues. But it was all rather vacuous and platitudinous, with almost nothing concrete.

I want to hear what our broad policy agenda is going to be, but besides a few hints at backtracking, nothing very concrete at all. I fear a baby being thrown out with the bathwater moment yet nothing concrete on this either. I think Starmer is trying to keep the membership on board whilst appealing to overtly Tory voters. He is getting away with it only by being vague. He cannot do that forever.

And his new mantra of "under new leadership" is risibly managerial and uninspiring.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

GBNews

Labour Connected: Starmer's speech on a return to power

Labour is becoming a "competent, credible opposition", claims Keir Starmer during his first conference speech as leader.

Source: Labour Connected: Starmer's speech on a return to power