Main Menu

Hide and seek

Started by cromwell, September 24, 2020, 10:26:24 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

By "hide your presence" I presume you mean hide the fact that you are actually online....

I never saw the point of that myself. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 28, 2020, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 11:32:12 AM
I confess that this prompted me to look but I couldn't find it either.  :(
Admin has hidden it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh I was hoping it was a treasure hunt with a prize for the finder!

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 11:32:12 AM
Admin has hidden it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Ooooh this reminded me of a game of hide and seek as a small child. Playing with a friend we decided to hide and got in one of those small built in cupboards found years ago next to the chimney breast. It had a shelf and was full of smelly shoes! She was on the top and I was at the bottom. It was only as we were pulling the door to that it suddenly locked with the catch which could only be opened from outside. It was incredibly dark and quite horrid as I remember, and what started as fun gradually became more and more scary. We started to call and then shout and finally cry in fright, when suddenly the door opened and we fell out with relief.

As we got up we saw my friend's mother coming down the garden path as she returned from the little corner shop just down the road. Who opened the door? The only other 'person' in the house was Blackie - a black labrador! We never tried it again!

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on September 28, 2020, 09:00:44 AM
I've no idea whether my presence is hidden or not.  I didn't know it could be and I've never knowingly activated the hide facility.  But if I do happen to be hidden already I'm not going to bother to change it!
As you've never successfully answered a private message, or managed to reset your password, I'm not surprised you can't find the hide me online setting. :)
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

I've no idea whether my presence is hidden or not.  I didn't know it could be and I've never knowingly activated the hide facility.  But if I do happen to be hidden already I'm not going to bother to change it!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on September 24, 2020, 10:26:24 PM
Well logged on t'other day and the list of members online was 9 iirc and out of that total 3 or 4 were hidden,just wondered why you want to hide your presence?

When you've been seriously stalked, hacked, harrassed and trolled across sites, you learn to mask your presence. ;) It's good to keep a low profile, unfortunately with my mouth that always proves impossible.  :P
+++

T00ts

Ooooh - I hadn't realised that. What fun. Can you stay hidden and post? It could be like whack a mole!   ;D ;D

Barry

Because they can? It's one of the features of the forum, down to personal preferences, a bit like whether you want latest posts at the top or bottom.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Well logged on t'other day and the list of members online was 9 iirc and out of that total 3 or 4 were hidden,just wondered why you want to hide your presence?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?