The Folly of Blaming the EU For Everything - as Told by Bojo

Started by Dynamis, September 27, 2020, 03:45:29 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on September 27, 2020, 09:57:52 PMThe deaths are running at about 43,000,
25% had dementia, which had to be a release for more than 10,000 families.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 27, 2020, 07:08:30 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 06:42:25 PMI just feel everyone is asking the impossible

No, not the impossible, Toots. Just a level head, policies that make sense instead of being made up on the spot, and a coherent strategy based on something a little more robust than whatever the latest computer model throws out. But we aren't getting that, we are getting a Prime Minister who has sold out his leadership to the trope of being led by "the science", which seems to consist of two old men making up ever more doomsday scenarios about how many will die by next Wednesday if we don't all do exactly as they say and hide under the fecking bed

Get the country back to work, because as it stands, there's barely one left to go back to

To be fair to BoJo (and I can't see why we should be), he has played a bad hand better than could be expected. There is no cure for this bug and it will just have to run its course. The deaths are running at about 43,000, which works out at 1:1,500 of F@@@ all.And most of those are cotton tops who were costing the nation at least 300 millions in pension payments plus telephone numbers in NHS care. Meanwhile he has raised megabucks to allow much of the workforce to sit on its arse and break the quarantine restrictions whenever it gets the chance.

There is nothing wrong with giving politicians a good kick uo the arse if they do or do not deserve one, but I think I will stay with Goldilocks for a bit longer.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

@DD and Dynamis - please forgive me for lumping you together but really the same answer covers both your posts.

As the only female here I don't have the same macho obligations of the guys. Everyone is only too pleased to pull the government down - oh but then you are all keeling over to the left anyway aren't you?   :P  Not that I would suggest ulterior motives. Criticism at this point of time is pointless a waste of energy and simply causing more dissatisfaction when we already have enough to deal with. I will also remind you of retrograde Mars!  There will come a time for appraisal but not yet and I refuse to follow the mob running hither and thither whining about lost freedoms, simple flu symptoms etc until that time comes.

If BJ or whoever faces the cameras was tomorrow to say that they have got it wrong and that everyone should carry on as if there was nothing to worry about I guarantee that there would be just as much criticism. He can't win whichever way he goes. Is that fair?

Show me the man or woman who is carping at the top of their voices prepared to take over. All that's happening is that tempers fly and riots will ensue. This country was a powder keg before Covid, ranting intolerance will not dampen that down. Unless we all show some moderation and maturity we may well regret what has started.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 06:42:25 PMI just feel everyone is asking the impossible

No, not the impossible, Toots. Just a level head, policies that make sense instead of being made up on the spot, and a coherent strategy based on something a little more robust than whatever the latest computer model throws out. But we aren't getting that, we are getting a Prime Minister who has sold out his leadership to the trope of being led by "the science", which seems to consist of two old men making up ever more doomsday scenarios about how many will die by next Wednesday if we don't all do exactly as they say and hide under the fecking bed

Get the country back to work, because as it stands, there's barely one left to go back to

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2020, 06:44:32 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 06:42:25 PM

I just feel everyone is asking the impossible. Everyone has their view and they are diametrically opposed to one another. So many 'experts' are throwing advice around yet look at other countries in the EU and outside. They are generally struggling too. It's so very easy to have half a story and scream and shout at how inefficient everyone is and how they would do it differently. I don't think it's helpful to anyone. All it is creating is more and more friction.

One day it will dawn on you just how useless Bojo-The-Clown is.

That may be but intolerance isn't my bag. The man has his position fairly and squarely and has been greeted with circumstances completely unexpected and unknown. I keep saying that it is the easiest thing in the world to sit and criticise in front of a screen and keyboard when there is no chance of us having to face what he and all in government are facing. They don't look as if they are having a ball in the process. If everyone was a little less divisive and tolerant we might have a better country altogether. It has to start somewhere why not here?

It's quite odd asking us to be tolerant of the intolerant. Maybe they should treat the people with a bit of respect and they might get some back.

In the same way you and I (mostly) treat each other with a degree of respect, why should they be held to different standards? Do they get away with treating us all like thick paysans who deserve their contempt? They even treat men like Graham Brady - their own - with utter contempt.

You're not suggesting that they should get away with it, so they are squarely n the wrong then aren't they?
+++

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2020, 06:44:32 PMOne day it will dawn on you just how useless Bojo-The-Clown is.
"Leave the past to history especially as I propose to write that history myself."

Winston S. Churchill
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2020, 06:44:32 PM

I just feel everyone is asking the impossible. Everyone has their view and they are diametrically opposed to one another. So many 'experts' are throwing advice around yet look at other countries in the EU and outside. They are generally struggling too. It's so very easy to have half a story and scream and shout at how inefficient everyone is and how they would do it differently. I don't think it's helpful to anyone. All it is creating is more and more friction.

That may be but intolerance isn't my bag. The man has his position fairly and squarely and has been greeted with circumstances completely unexpected and unknown. I keep saying that it is the easiest thing in the world to sit and criticise in front of a screen and keyboard when there is no chance of us having to face what he and all in government are facing. They don't look as if they are having a ball in the process. If everyone was a little less divisive and tolerant we might have a better country altogether. It has to start somewhere why not here?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 27, 2020, 06:26:21 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 04:52:28 PMHas Cummings made improvements? I don't think he has had a chance to yet. Covid has allowed those entrenched to stay put for now. The chaos that is current is an example of just how bad I think it is. I have been calling for a Whitehall makeover for years. BJ has only been properly in charge this year and the virus has thrown the whole of government.

Why, c'mon man Toots!! The "chaos" is an example of this governments ineptitude. They are going to go down in history as a government that singlehandedly destroyed the economy and a whole generations future. Peter Hitchens made me piss myself laughing "The Prime Minister is like a man who finds a wasps' nest in his roof – and burns the house down to get rid of it"  :D :D :D

When you are in charge, you are in charge, come what may - that's the deal. This government have fecked up everything they've touched. He thinks he's Churchill, but he's more like Inspector fecking Clouseau  :D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 04:52:28 PMHas Cummings made improvements? I don't think he has had a chance to yet. Covid has allowed those entrenched to stay put for now. The chaos that is current is an example of just how bad I think it is. I have been calling for a Whitehall makeover for years. BJ has only been properly in charge this year and the virus has thrown the whole of government.

Why, c'mon man Toots!! The "chaos" is an example of this governments ineptitude. They are going to go down in history as a government that singlehandedly destroyed the economy and a whole generations future. Peter Hitchens made me piss myself laughing "The Prime Minister is like a man who finds a wasps' nest in his roof – and burns the house down to get rid of it"  :D :D :D

When you are in charge, you are in charge, come what may - that's the deal. This government have fecked up everything they've touched. He thinks he's Churchill, but he's more like Inspector fecking Clouseau  :D

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 05:53:45 PM

That's nor really qualifying.

I suggest the anyone who is sceptical of how dangerous Cummings is reads his blogs from the start and his other writings.
His idiot and dangerous ideas form most of Tory Policy.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 27, 2020, 05:20:26 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 05:13:59 PM

Can you qualify that?

His crackpot and dangerous ideas have been making matters worse since he was an advisor to Gove from 2007 until 2014
He was at the heart of vote leave.
Then ended up as Bojo-The-Clowns puppet master.
The man is dangerous.
I don't mind him wrecking the Tory party and government, but I do mind about the collateral damage to the population.

That's nor really qualifying.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2020, 05:13:59 PM

Can you qualify that?

His crackpot and dangerous ideas have been making matters worse since he was an advisor to Gove from 2007 until 2014
He was at the heart of vote leave.
Then ended up as Bojo-The-Clowns puppet master.
The man is dangerous.
I don't mind him wrecking the Tory party and government, but I do mind about the collateral damage to the population.

papasmurf