Why does God let it happen?

Started by T00ts, September 28, 2020, 11:27:57 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Just for reference.

To him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin, James 4:17.

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, Prov. 28:13.

The Lamb of God taketh away the sins of the world, John 1:29.

I think the first one is really interesting.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 28, 2020, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 12:00:41 PM

No sin is greater than another, except to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, which is to reject God.
That's pretty mainstream Christianity.

So to not believe in a supreme being is a worse sin than standing in a concert hall and blowing up a load of kids ?

I think you will find that the two are aligned. By not believing you would succumb to the evil of in the concert hall.

T00ts

Wow, that is such a mixed up view of the Word of God, and I mean no disrespect.
Your view and theology is certainly not mainstream in any way is it?

Evil and death entered the world through sin.
God has a plan to save sinners through the sacrifice of the perfect lamb, Jesus Christ.
All sins will be forgiven for those who repent and put their faith in him.
It is a gift of Grace, not earned in any way.

No sin is greater than another, except to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, which is to reject God.

I don't think your view is very different to mine. I do question the bit in bold a bit because for me that seems to deny the existence of Evil before Earth was created but I guess there are more doctrinal interpretations of the Gospel than we can count. I do think there are degrees of sin, the main ones were given to Moses, but none cannot be forgiven especially with Jesus on our side, although I understand that denying the Holy Ghost is unforgiven. I agree in the grace of God most definitely but do believe that we agreed to this life and the tests we would endure and expected to be tried and free to choose. I find it all quite fascinating and enjoy the differences - although naturally I think I am right!  ;D ;D

Streetwalker

So to not believe in a supreme being is a worse sin than standing in a concert hall and blowing up a load of kids ?

Barry

Wow, that is such a mixed up view of the Word of God, and I mean no disrespect.
Your view and theology is certainly not mainstream in any way is it?

Evil and death entered the world through sin.
God has a plan to save sinners through the sacrifice of the perfect lamb, Jesus Christ.
All sins will be forgiven for those who repent and put their faith in him.
It is a gift of Grace, not earned in any way.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

With the news full of dreadful situations all around the world I have thought back to the oft repeated cry of - if God loved us He wouldn't let it happen. 

It does indeed seem that God must not care but I have a potential answer. God cares not just for the innocent but the sinners too. Each one of us is free to make decisions ourselves or are subject to decisions made by others that lead to bad things happening. Those of us that believe in God also believe in the final judgement and thus God allows all to make their own decisions in life and will be judged accordingly.

This is the hard bit. If God were to step in and halt every outcome of bad decisions then there could be no blame at the end. Sinners must have the blood on their hands before Him and recognise their guilt. Although some Doctrines allow repentance to obliterate all sins I am not convinced that this is true. Murder would be one questionable action as far as I understand. We have to acknowledge that Jesus died for our sins but that is not in place of our own repentance, and I also believe that He will stand as advocate for us before God and will offer mitigation.  I also believe that many die because God knows they have had enough and He calls them home.

I guess that in this instant gratification demanding world it is there to teach us that we have to wait, that patience is a virtue and judgement is not ours..