Why does God let it happen?

Started by T00ts, September 28, 2020, 11:27:57 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 06, 2020, 08:13:39 AM
And by 'truly unforgivably evil' you mean a non-Christian? Or something else?

Having choice means being free to continue to be able to make choices. Not stoping at some finite 'final count' moment.

Why would it be non-Christian? I have already said that all are equal in the eyes of God. We are all His children. We all have exactly the same choice to make. You are still looking at the question with 'earthly' eyes. Until there is recognition of the spirit and the profound affect that has on the natural man you are simply questioning a too narrow concept.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 05:58:10 PMMy instinct is that on the whole a good person would not accept anyone truly unforgivably evil

And by 'truly unforgivably evil' you mean a non-Christian? Or something else?

Quoteif someone was determined and at the final count chose that evil over God then I am fairly certain that He would respect your choice and judge accordingly. So you see you do have choice.

Having choice means being free to continue to be able to make choices. Not stoping at some finite 'final count' moment.
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2020, 06:55:12 PM
Well tbh T00ts I despair sometimes,I see people who believe in the same god as you and they do things sure in their minds they are acting righteously according to their branch and its particular beliefs.

I was watching the tv last week a young muslim woman treated and killed in the most disguting way,couldn't watch it all basically tortured and murdered by her own father and other family members,analy raped by her uncle in an honour killing,bloody awful interpretation of the word honour.

So that's what worries me,the treatment to a greater or lesser degree of those who don't fit in to a particular religion.

I didn't watch it because I knew it would really upset me. It does say in scripture that many many people will be led away to the bottomless pit by the Adversary who is the father of all lies, and that many many will be misled by false prophets. We are all work in progress, no-one is perfect but I cannot imagine that killing for whatever reason can ever be seen as right or honourable. Their basic human reaction surely tells them so. Interestingly there is always an attempt to hide such acts so I guess that they know in their heart of hearts

I really don't understand why so much nasty stuff is fed to us as 'entertainment'. I'm sure it is not good for the soul.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 05:37:15 PM
It's the despair that would worry me.
Well tbh T00ts I despair sometimes,I see people who believe in the same god as you and they do things sure in their minds they are acting righteously according to their branch and its particular beliefs.

I was watching the tv last week a young muslim woman treated and killed in the most disguting way,couldn't watch it all basically tortured and murdered by her own father and other family members,analy raped by her uncle in an honour killing,bloody awful interpretation of the word honour.

So that's what worries me,the treatment to a greater or lesser degree of those who don't fit in to a particular religion.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 05, 2020, 05:41:23 PM
I've heard people reply like this before.

The inability to see someone you love as anything but unclean etc may be a future you desire, but it's not one I find desirable, and again it runs into the issue of free thought, what if someone doesn't want to view a loved unbeliever as unclean, or are such thoughts impossible to them.

I feel for you. It must be very hard to accept the omniscience of God without belief. The scriptures tell us that God loves us all. All he really wants is for us to be happy, not in an earthly short term way but to reach our full potential in preparation for the future. My instinct is that on the whole a good person would not accept anyone truly unforgivably evil, certainly not if they truly recognise the importance of God's plan for us, but, if someone was determined and at the final count chose that evil over God then I am fairly certain that He would respect your choice and judge accordingly. So you see you do have choice.

Equally and this is where Barry and I are not in line, I understand that repentence and acceptence of Christ can happen right up to the last minute.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 05:33:41 PMIf we truly worship/honour our Father then anything unclean including a loved one here on earth, would not  be acceptible to us any more than to God

I've heard people reply like this before.

The inability to see someone you love as anything but unclean etc may be a future you desire, but it's not one I find desirable, and again it runs into the issue of free thought, what if someone doesn't want to view a loved unbeliever as unclean, or are such thoughts impossible to them.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2020, 05:30:54 PM
Oh well as a non believer I wont have to worry about the central heating bill,mind there's some as say it'll be too hot. ???

It's the despair that would worry me.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 05, 2020, 04:50:10 PM
It must surely be removed.
What do you think the experience is of someone who spends an eternity thinking of a loved one that they know is not in heaven?

If you reach Heaven and a loved one doesn't, don't you think that a loving Father would make it right? If we truly worship/honour our Father then anything unclean including a loved one here on earth, would not  be acceptible to us any more than to God.  I will remind you that Heaven has many mansions. Many imagine it to be one place.There is a problem trying to measure God and His abilities against the very narrow dimensions of our own. We know what we do from the revelations made to countless Prophets and their recounted experiences tend towards the amazing, but they tend to have things in common which for me gives them credibility. It is true though that without the trust in the Gospel it is impossible to find the answers for an unbeliever's satisfacton. 

I challenge anyone with doubts to ask the question of the being that can make you feel the truth of His answer. It is the only way.

cromwell

Oh well as a non believer I wont have to worry about the central heating bill,mind there's some as say it'll be too hot. ???
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 03:49:53 PMbut it's not possible to judge God with human standards.

By what standard do you judge them, if indeed you judge that you worship a good god?

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 02:23:17 PMOh yes very reasonable. Do you think that will be removed if there is an afterlife?

It must surely be removed.
What do you think the experience is of someone who spends an eternity thinking of a loved one that they know is not in heaven?

Barry

Quote from: Nalaar on October 05, 2020, 11:52:47 AM
There are two interesting questions raised by the problem of Evil, the first is the Epicurean paradox, as explained by Lactantius -

"God, he says, either wishes to take away evils, and is unable; or He is able, and is unwilling; or He is neither willing nor able, or He is both willing and able. If He is willing and is unable, He is feeble, which is not in accordance with the character of God; if He is able and unwilling, He is envious, which is equally at variance with God; if He is neither willing nor able, He is both envious and feeble, and therefore not God; if He is both willing and able, which alone is suitable to God, from what source then are evils? Or why does He not remove them?"

The second is  the problem of heaven. I often find that when in discussion with a Christian about evil the answers they have are incompatible with the idea of heaven, or at least heaven as they imagine it to be. Put simply - Is there evil in heaven?
Do you know what is good or evil?
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of the evil practices that were going on their. Turned it to glass, apparently.
Today, people would criticise God for killing people, going against His own rules, but it's not possible to judge God with human standards.
How about when he flooded the whole world and only Noah and his family survived?
Again, God killed everyone but the faithful few.
The reasons were great wickedness of man, evil thoughts and imaginations, violence and corruption.

I wonder how God views the current world?
Whatever He does, he rarely asks us first, but sometimes we know what is going to happen, as in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah, the flood, and the coming end times, which have been prophesied, but very few people believe.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2020, 03:14:37 PM
No DNA link at all to that part of the World.

Yet!! The most recent research suggests that the number of genetic origins are fast diminishing. We are related!!  ??? ;D ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 03:13:24 PM
You'll have a shock when you see your parentage go right back to Adam and Eve.  :)

No DNA link at all to that part of the World.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2020, 02:42:22 PM
Questions that have never bothered me. (Other than the first one, but ancestral DNA testing answered that.)

You'll have a shock when you see your parentage go right back to Adam and Eve.  :)