I'm so disappointed

Started by T00ts, September 29, 2020, 12:13:21 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 12:13:21 PM
I have just struggled through BJ's speech on re-education and training, a lot of which is long overdue and essential for our future. Oh dear!  The speech was bad enough but the questions afterwards made me lose the will to live.

Verbal diarrhoea! His delivery was appalling. Words tumbling over one another incoherently to the point of hardly being comprehensible. At the end he tried valiantly to raise a laugh - he failed. He sounded as if his mouth was lagging behind his brain which seemed to be going at a crazy speed. Unnecessary word jumble interspersed with sentences simply not completed with me struggling to work out what was missing.

Was he high on coffee overload? Was he embarrassed to the point of needing to leave in a hurry? He looked anything but comfortable like schoolboy desperate for the end of lesson bell.

I am so disappointed. I didn't particularly want him as leader but hoped he would grow in stature. He may well get us out of the EU successfully but then his days should be numbered if this is the way he plans to continue..

I could not give a crap.

Bojo always talked through his arse. He has effectively gotten us out of the EU and it will be unlikely that the next PM will be able to weasel us back in. And that is all that counts for me. If I want a brilliant speech I will watch a Kenneth Branagh movie.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2020, 12:20:02 PM
I have just struggled through BJ's speech on re-education and training, a lot of which is long overdue and essential for our future. Oh dear!  The speech was bad enough but the questions afterwards made me lose the will to live.

He never was up to the job.

It's really not enough to just post that. He has many attributes, he has challenged the EU in a way that I think no-one else would have done - with results. This is a matter of delivery which is learnable by anyone. In fact public speaking is covered at Eton - perhaps it's too long ago.

papasmurf

He never was up to the job.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Verbal diarrhoea! His delivery was appalling. Words tumbling over one another incoherently to the point of hardly being comprehensible. At the end he tried valiantly to raise a laugh - he failed. He sounded as if his mouth was lagging behind his brain which seemed to be going at a crazy speed. Unnecessary word jumble interspersed with sentences simply not completed with me struggling to work out what was missing.

Was he high on coffee overload? Was he embarrassed to the point of needing to leave in a hurry? He looked anything but comfortable like schoolboy desperate for the end of lesson bell.

I am so disappointed. I didn't particularly want him as leader but hoped he would grow in stature. He may well get us out of the EU successfully but then his days should be numbered if this is the way he plans to continue..