I'm so disappointed

Started by T00ts, September 29, 2020, 12:13:21 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 29, 2020, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 01:21:52 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 29, 2020, 01:13:28 PMThat reflects on you quite a lot. 

It doesn't reflect on me at all.

Yes it does. You paint yourself as a loyal and devoted committed Tory through and through. Just as srv has to own everything Labour does, you are held to exactly the same standard.

Should it be any other way? Did you not vote for Bojo? Have you not supported him heavily and told people to stop criticising him? Yes or no?

I'm holding you to the same standard as everyone else on here, do you want me to hold you to a different one or what?

QuoteI gave a opinion about a speech it doesn't change my political view

Did you even read others' comments on here? Your reflections on his speech reflected on much more than that, and hit upon his entire time in office(s), you have ignored what everyone's been telling you incl fellow Tories(!).

Quotemuch as you would like it to

You are a Tory and a sycophantic Bojo supporter through and through, what more need be said?

QuoteI would still have the Conservatives in Government than the rabble in opposition.

I'm not inclined to agree but I don't want the opposition in power either.

I'd rather have the SNP in power just to utterly freak out theTories up and down the country, sadly such isn't possible, oh well...

Quote from: Barry on September 29, 2020, 01:26:38 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 01:21:52 PMIt doesn't reflect on me at all. I gave a opinion about a speech it doesn't change my political view - much as you would like it to - I would still have the Conservatives in Government than the rabble in opposition.
I wondered how it might reflect on you

And on all who voted for him.

Just as Corbyn's poor performances presumably reflected on those who voted for him too.

Quoteas though you are somehow smeared by Boris's poor speech.

It sums up shitty Tory incompetence in a better way than anyone else could and smears all Tories by association; especially Tory faithful and decades long loyalists.

QuoteWhat an odd thing to say, because it does not.

If you vote for a party and support all their actions it doesn't reflect on you?

What a strange world you live in...

QuoteAnyway, I agree that the Conservatives need to get a grip, preferably with a new leader from January 2021. Hopefully Rishi can stop throwing money down the drain by then and we can get on with the true business of running the independent state.

Sacrifice all the oldies like grandparents, yourself, Borkie and Toots for the sake of the economy?

I don't agree with that, unlike you fellas who clearly have some sort of death wish and are willingike lemmings to plunge off the cliff for the economy and Bojo in, IMHO, a very self-destructive move; I kind of would rather not see you perish and would try to save your lives at the cost of some minor inconveniencing to others.

Rish will probably be PM soon.

We could do

Goodness me that's a bit of a rant. To tell you that most of it is just nonsense is wasted. I obviously misjudged you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 01:21:52 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 29, 2020, 01:13:28 PMThat reflects on you quite a lot. 

It doesn't reflect on me at all.

Yes it does. You paint yourself as a loyal and devoted committed Tory through and through. Just as srv has to own everything Labour does, you are held to exactly the same standard.

Should it be any other way? Did you not vote for Bojo? Have you not supported him heavily and told people to stop criticising him? Yes or no?

I'm holding you to the same standard as everyone else on here, do you want me to hold you to a different one or what?

QuoteI gave a opinion about a speech it doesn't change my political view

Did you even read others' comments on here? Your reflections on his speech reflected on much more than that, and hit upon his entire time in office(s), you have ignored what everyone's been telling you incl fellow Tories(!).

Quotemuch as you would like it to

You are a Tory and a sycophantic Bojo supporter through and through, what more need be said?

QuoteI would still have the Conservatives in Government than the rabble in opposition.

I'm not inclined to agree but I don't want the opposition in power either.

I'd rather have the SNP in power just to utterly freak out theTories up and down the country, sadly such isn't possible, oh well...

Quote from: Barry on September 29, 2020, 01:26:38 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 01:21:52 PMIt doesn't reflect on me at all. I gave a opinion about a speech it doesn't change my political view - much as you would like it to - I would still have the Conservatives in Government than the rabble in opposition.
I wondered how it might reflect on you

And on all who voted for him.

Just as Corbyn's poor performances presumably reflected on those who voted for him too.

Quoteas though you are somehow smeared by Boris's poor speech.

It sums up shitty Tory incompetence in a better way than anyone else could and smears all Tories by association; especially Tory faithful and decades long loyalists.

QuoteWhat an odd thing to say, because it does not.

If you vote for a party and support all their actions it doesn't reflect on you?

What a strange world you live in...

QuoteAnyway, I agree that the Conservatives need to get a grip, preferably with a new leader from January 2021. Hopefully Rishi can stop throwing money down the drain by then and we can get on with the true business of running the independent state.

Sacrifice all the oldies like grandparents, yourself, Borkie and Toots for the sake of the economy?

I don't agree with that, unlike you fellas who clearly have some sort of death wish and are willingike lemmings to plunge off the cliff for the economy and Bojo in, IMHO, a very self-destructive move; I kind of would rather not see you perish and would try to save your lives at the cost of some minor inconveniencing to others.

Rish will probably be PM soon.

We could do much better.
+++

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2020, 02:09:47 PMThat is because they have been "gentrified."
As opposed to people living in a place because they have to and not because they want to and, in turn, making neighbourhoods neglected and unloved...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2020, 02:02:48 PM

the London Boroughs of Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Haringey have become relatively less deprived and no longer feature in this list
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/english-indices-of-deprivation-2015
Statistical release - main findings

That is because they have been "gentrified."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Dynamis on September 29, 2020, 01:18:11 PMHe completely ruined London.

Now I know gentrification loving wine bar types might be fond of that, but normal working class Londoners were not. He liked to pat his mates on the back and was, as Toots notes, full of it. All he ever did was feck up everything he touched.

Londoners simply preferred him to the alternative of Red Ken who had zero public image with his embrace of Chavez etc, so it wasn't really a contest for them; was a one horse race.
Boris Johnson was the figurehead London needed and wanted.

Far from ruining London, he boosted the Olympics effect and kick-started its legacy. He set the foundations of London's Silicon Roundabout and East London Tech City, the murder rate halved, poverty was reduced (Hackney, Barking & Dagenham, Tower Hamlets, and Newham moved up Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government"s index of multiple deprivation**), built 100,000 affordable homes (more than Livingstone), cut road deaths by 43% (UK reduction was 29%), etc, etc, etc.

Personally I don't understand the point of fondly promoting anything associated with lack of wealth and social position while, at the same time, despising the efforts of communities wanting to improve their environment and local facilities...

**The 20 most deprived local authorities are largely the same as found for the 2010 Index, but the London Boroughs of Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Haringey have become relatively less deprived and no longer feature in this list
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/english-indices-of-deprivation-2015
Statistical release - main findings
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

I wondered how it might reflect on you as though you are somehow smeared by Boris's poor speech. What an odd thing to say, because it does not.
Anyway, I agree that the Conservatives need to get a grip, preferably with a new leader from January 2021. Hopefully Rishi can stop throwing money down the drain by then and we can get on with the true business of running the independent state.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

It doesn't reflect on me at all. I gave a opinion about a speech it doesn't change my political view - much as you would like it to - I would still have the Conservatives in Government than the rabble in opposition.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on September 29, 2020, 12:57:44 PM
Quote from: johnofgwent on September 29, 2020, 12:43:12 PM
I listened to him at his podium while mayor of london. I'm sure it is an act and he is actually smarter than the dumb, unprepared tosser he makes himself out to be but I lost interest in listening to a word he says long ago.
His peak. He should have stayed Mayor of London — not only was he popular across the political spectrum of voters, but his disastrous and unthinking utterances would have been less likely to cause so much damage...

He completely ruined London.

Now I know gentrification loving wine bar types might be fond of that, but normal working class Londoners were not. He liked to pat his mates on the back and was, as Toots notes, full of it. All he ever did was feck up everything he touched.

Londoners simply preferred him to the alternative of Red Ken who had zero public image with his embrace of Chavez etc, so it wasn't really a contest for them; was a one horse race.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 12:13:21 PM
I have just struggled through BJ's speech on re-education and training, a lot of which is long overdue and essential for our future. Oh dear!  The speech was bad enough but the questions afterwards made me lose the will to live.

'Re-education'. Sounds so Maoist and Frankfurt school... we will reeducate you in the ways of Cummings and goings..

QuoteVerbal diarrhoea!

Well yeah poops, as with everything he says. As others have acknowledged. He constantly backfires on others criticising the govt and says "you should be patriotic".. bluh bluh bluh, then comes out with the most childish manure possible.

..Ignored as usual by anyone with half a brain - as everyone on the thread is telling you.

QuoteHis delivery was appalling. Words tumbling over one another incoherently to the point of hardly being comprehensible. At the end he tried valiantly to raise a laugh - he failed. He sounded as if his mouth was lagging behind his brain which seemed to be going at a crazy speed. Unnecessary word jumble interspersed with sentences simply not completed with me struggling to work out what was missing.

Was he high on coffee overload? Was he embarrassed to the point of needing to leave in a hurry? He looked anything but comfortable like schoolboy desperate for the end of lesson bell.

I am so disappointed. I didn't particularly want him as leader but hoped he would grow in stature. He may well get us out of the EU successfully but then his days should be numbered if this is the way he plans to continue..

That reflects on you quite a lot.  :D

You were warned of incompetence.
+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on September 29, 2020, 12:39:14 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 29, 2020, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2020, 12:20:02 PM
I have just struggled through BJ's speech on re-education and training, a lot of which is long overdue and essential for our future. Oh dear!  The speech was bad enough but the questions afterwards made me lose the will to live.

He never was up to the job.

It's really not enough to just post that. He has many attributes, he has challenged the EU in a way that I think no-one else would have done - with results. This is a matter of delivery which is learnable by anyone. In fact public speaking is covered at Eton - perhaps it's too long ago.

Well, if you want a great orator Toots, try this guy. But bear in mind that was when our backs were to the wall. As soon as things got better the public said ta Winnie and slung him out ...

The end of that speech, where he explains the need for imprisonment without trial of enemy aliens gets far less public attention ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 29, 2020, 12:43:12 PM
I listened to him at his podium while mayor of london. I'm sure it is an act and he is actually smarter than the dumb, unprepared tosser he makes himself out to be but I lost interest in listening to a word he says long ago.
His peak. He should have stayed Mayor of London — not only was he popular across the political spectrum of voters, but his disastrous and unthinking utterances would have been less likely to cause so much damage...

patman post

It's a modern parameter — presentation matters over content. In times past the information was given, questions were asked, and all was reported by the press or on the radio. TV adds a further dimension. Opinion polling after the debates between Kennedy and Nixon some sixty years ago showed television's impact when Nixon came out ahead with the majority of the radio audience and Kennedy won most support of the TV viewers...

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 29, 2020, 12:20:02 PM

He never was up to the job.

It's really not enough to just post that. He has many attributes, he has challenged the EU in a way that I think no-one else would have done - with results. This is a matter of delivery which is learnable by anyone. In fact public speaking is covered at Eton - perhaps it's too long ago.

Well, if you want a great orator Toots, try this guy. But bear in mind that was when our backs were to the wall. As soon as things got better the public said ta Winnie and slung him out on his arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrdyoabmgA
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

It is.  As for public speaking covered at Eton, the ability to speak  bullshine in received pronunciation does not qualify him for the job.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe