I'm so disappointed

Started by T00ts, September 29, 2020, 12:13:21 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Specially for Thomas - from Rob Roy McGregor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lhMAOxLxw

The classic bit at 1.25 goes something like this -

Argyll - "and what are these principle sins that distress your mother so? Dice? Drink? Or are you a buggerer of boys?"

Cunningham - "It is years your Grace, since I buggered a boy....and in my own defence I must add, I thought him a girl at the time"

Argyll - "What say you Guthrie...Archie could not tell arse from quim?"

Guthrie - "I've heard that many Englishman have that same difficulty..."

Still, the resulting fight only goes to show you Jocks never to underestimate an "Anglash faggot"  :D :D :D :D

Great character played by Tim Roth

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on October 02, 2020, 09:37:25 AM
Point taken. My wording re Barry was poor.

...but significantly par for the course and what we are all becoming used to when reading one of your posts.

Always quick to jump in feet first and bleat about how you are being wronged in some manner or other  .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 02, 2020, 09:13:14 AM
Perhaps if you debated respectfully you might get some back? For instance, you started a thread about an SNP MP, then accused Barry of "ignoring" yours and starting another one, when all that had happened was he hadn't seen yours. You immediately take things personally and see bad in others without even giving them a chance, as other posters have pointed out to you.

None of us at perfect, but you need to look at yourself lefty
Point taken. My wording re Barry was poor.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 05:31:41 PMIf someone cannot debate with me respectfully then I have no interest in them at all. It's either that or I'd end up leaving completely.

Perhaps if you debated respectfully you might get some back? For instance, you started a thread about an SNP MP, then accused Barry of "ignoring" yours and starting another one, when all that had happened was he hadn't seen yours. You immediately take things personally and see bad in others without even giving them a chance, as other posters have pointed out to you.

None of us at perfect, but you need to look at yourself lefty

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 05:31:41 PM
Sometimes I have responded in kind yes, but exchanging insults is no fun and thus removes the only point I see in being here. Hence my decision to use the ignore button. If someone cannot debate with me respectfully then I have no interest in them at all. It's either that or I'd end up leaving completely. Because there is a failure to understand it seems that places like this serve no useful purpose to me and further my cause not one single iota. I am only here therefore as a hobby and only for so long as I enjoy it, and no other reason. If someone is on an insult-fest wind up, rather than leave because I do not enjoy that - strange as that may seem, lol - better just to ignore them.

The reason i believe that forums like this serve no purpose to you is , as we have seen in the past and as old forum members who know you will remember , you are merely looking for a labour supporting jerk circle rather than debate.

Whenever someone  points out labours uncomfortable record  , you flounce off in tears.

All you want to do is come on forums like this and slag off the tories as the devil incarnate. That isnt debate. Thats mere anti tory  mud slinging  , and we hear enough of that from the forum troll smurf.

You can run away as usual , or ignore anyone you like , however i will still pull you up on your hysterical nonsense when merited.

srb7677

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 05:17:43 PM
You seem like a nice enough fellow but really, if you're going to insist that FPTP and Labour are the only way, then expect some memorable exchanges.

I mean you had no trouble dishing out the insults to him yourself previously.

I think some of the exchanges on this place are a bit unnecessary at times, but you can't expect everyone to agree
Sometimes I have responded in kind yes, but exchanging insults is no fun and thus removes the only point I see in being here. Hence my decision to use the ignore button. If someone cannot debate with me respectfully then I have no interest in them at all. It's either that or I'd end up leaving completely. Because there is a failure to understand it seems that places like this serve no useful purpose to me and further my cause not one single iota. I am only here therefore as a hobby and only for so long as I enjoy it, and no other reason. If someone is on an insult-fest wind up, rather than leave because I do not enjoy that - strange as that may seem, lol - better just to ignore them.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 05:17:43 PM

I think some of the exchanges on this place are a bit unnecessary at times, but you can't expect everyone to agree

Exactly dyno , another thing srb seems to have short term memeory loss on is his ability to dish out insults when it suits , but like the crybaby he is , he cant take it back.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 04:59:52 PM
So you see fit to stoop to insults.

Shows the kind of man you are I suppose.

This forum is full of your insults towards me , along with your racist scottish stereotypes and caricatures.

Am i sitting greeting about the man on the interwebby calling me names?

its about give and take ,steve , and you are such a child you cant take it , as we have seen in the past numerous times across a number of forums.

Everytime without fail you run away , cause you arent looking for a debating forum with the cut and  thrust and give and take of debate .

You are looking for a forum where people give you a cuddle and hold your hand because you are such a paranoid wimp.
What do I actually achieve by being here? f**k all it seems to me. This forum is clearly a waste of my time if all I am going to get is lies, misrepresentations, and insults. Because the only point to me being here is pleasure. Serves no other useful purpose whatsoever.

Run away then as you normally do.

You are the man consistently on here making grand claims about fighting your corner in the labour party against the blairites , when you cant even stand toe to toe on a silly obscure internet political forum and robustly debate without crying off.

I have seen it from you so many times now i have lost count.

QuoteBut where is the fun in being belittled and insulted by a big man bravely hiding behind pixels on a screen?

This is a debating forum , something you always seem to lose the ability to do.

Not friends reunited.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on October 01, 2020, 09:46:42 AM
Only by blinkered sufferers  of  cognitive dissonance on internet forums. Out in the real world I have a lot of friends.

According to you, you don't go out in the real world.

LOL!
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 04:59:52 PM

What do I actually achieve by being here? f**k all it seems to me. This forum is clearly a waste of my time if all I am going to get is lies, misrepresentations, and insults. Because the only point to me being here is pleasure. Serves no other useful purpose whatsoever.

But where is the fun in being belittled and insulted by a big man bravely hiding behind pixels on a screen?

You seem like a nice enough fellow but really, if you're going to insist that FPTP and Labour are the only way, then expect some memorable exchanges.

+++

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on October 01, 2020, 03:25:56 PM
Im not telling you what to do , im calling you out on your pathetic stance of one minute being anti blairite and the next putting up with them and giving them support all in the name of your beloved labour party.

You can't quite get your head around that and the fact no one gives a feck who you vote for or which party you are a member of.

...but while you talk pish about labour , i will pull you up on it.
im an independence supporter , and the snp are merely the current vehicle for that aim. However , in an indy scotland i have said my vote is up for grabs , unlike you , who will follow labour blairite or not , good or bad , all the way like a lemming whatever they do under the non stop bleat and delusion that labour are the best vehicle for the left in england.

Geez peace ya paranoid cry baby.

You sound like a whinging crying baby so you do. I have many people who i regard as "online friends " on this forum , but politically , there is only one other infrequent member who shares my politics.

So what are you talking about?

You seem to have lost the ability to debate , often crying like a wee wean when people dont agree with you. Maybe somewhere like labour hame whould be a better place for someone of your sensibilites , where you can stand and pat each other on the back in some left wing jerk circle while nodding in agreement non stop.

Man up FFS!

What do I actually achieve by being here? F@@@ all it seems to me. This forum is clearly a waste of my time if all I am going to get is lies, misrepresentations, and insults. Because the only point to me being here is pleasure. Serves no other useful purpose whatsoever.

But where is the fun in being belittled and insulted by a big man bravely hiding behind pixels on a screen?

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 08:28:21 AM

Needless to say, I will not be told what to do politically by you. The progressive left has a better chance of gaining what it wants by staying and fighting within Labour than by leaving it and becoming politically irrelevant. You just can't get your head around that.

Im not telling you what to do , im calling you out on your pathetic stance of one minute being anti blairite and the next putting up with them and giving them support all in the name of your beloved labour party.

You cant quite get your head around that and the fact no one gives a feck who you vote for or which party you are a member of.

...but while you talk pish about labour , i will pull you up on it.
And for an SNP obsessive to regard me as any kind of cultist is frankly a bit rich. Unlike you, I do not support my party leadership whatever it does.

im an independence supporter , and the snp are merely the current vehicle for that aim. However , in an indy scotland i have said my vote is up for grabs , unlike you , who will follow labour blairite or not , good or bad , all the way like a lemming whatever they do under the non stop bleat and delusion that labour are the best vehicle for the left in england.

I have also long noted the political love in that takes place here between different members. All backing each other up and agreeing with each other all the time. This place is enemy territory for me and sometimes I wonder why I bother

Geez peace ya paranoid cry baby.

You sound like a whinging crying baby so you do. I have many people who i regard as "online friends " on this forum , but politically , there is only one other infrequent member who shares my politics.

So what are you talking about?

You seem to have lost the ability to debate , often crying like a wee wean when people dont agree with you. Maybe somewhere like labour hame whould be a better place for someone of your sensibilites , where you can stand and pat each other on the back in some left wing jerk circle while nodding in agreement non stop.

Man up FFS!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on October 01, 2020, 09:28:40 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 09:16:25 AM
- except sometimes Papasmurf who seems to be universally disliked by everyone else.

Only by blinkered sufferers  of  cognitive dissonance on internet forums. Out in the real world I have a lot of friends.
According to you, you don't go out in the real world.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 09:16:25 AM
- except sometimes Papasmurf who seems to be universally disliked by everyone else.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2020, 08:49:52 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 08:28:21 AM
Quote from: Thomas on October 01, 2020, 08:17:32 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 08:13:24 AM
Many of the reasons progressively minded Scots -

You keep talking about progressive voters as though they are one and the same with you........you arent a progressive.

some one ( you) who advocates doing the same thing over and over again politically , and sticking tribally by a party no matter what they do , isnt my idea of being progressive.

Your attitude is almost cult like in manner .
Needless to say, I will not be told what to do politically by you. The progressive left has a better chance of gaining what it wants by staying and fighting within Labour than by leaving it and becoming politically irrelevant. You just can't get your head around that. And for an SNP obsessive to regard me as any kind of cultist is frankly a bit rich. Unlike you, I do not support my party leadership whatever it does.

I have also long noted the political love in that takes place here between different members. All backing each other up and agreeing with each other all the time. This place is enemy territory for me and sometimes I wonder why I bother
Cobblers Steve........people agree on some things  not others,a few short weeks ago Thomas and I were at each other going hammer and tongs,DD thinks I'm a limp wristed liberal......its just a forum.
Ok fair enough. It just seems that way occasionally. I think it is because I have no real allies here - unlike on another forum I frequent which feels a little less like me against the rest - except sometimes Papasmurf who seems to be universally disliked by everyone else. And he and I do not agree all the time. But there are interesting if occasionally frustrating and disingenuous people here, so I keep coming back. But I am undoubtedly a lone torch bearer for the Labour left around here. And every now and again I do wonder what the point of me being here is. I guess when it comes down to it it is just for the pleasure of it. Which means pretty much that if I stopped enjoying it here I'd probably not come.