Main Menu

Personal Update

Started by Nalaar, September 30, 2020, 10:29:02 AM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Thanks all!

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 02:57:34 PMNow, you you rather be married yesterday for the rest of your life and then forget it or be married tomorrow for the rest of your life and forget it?

This is incredibly funny and something I will definitely be asking her later.

Quote from: Barry on September 25, 2022, 04:38:53 PM
Congratulations to you both and especially to Mrs Nalaar who now has to tolerate years of mind bending questions.

Of the two of us, she is the one who's been to university and actually has a degree in philosophy, so she's well tuned to rebuff my philosophical bloviations.
Don't believe everything you think.

Sheepy

I know what you are thinking what sort of congratulations was that, well in actual fact it was a lesson from nature.
21 Amazing Facts About Seagulls (with Photos & Details) | Learn Bird Watching
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Congratulations to you both and especially to Mrs Nalaar who now has to tolerate years of mind bending questions.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Congratulations, I've done 43 years in a few weeks and no time off for good (or bad) behaviour  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Nalaar on September 25, 2022, 02:47:34 PM
Quick update on the OP, as of 22/9/22 we are now married (:

Congratulations.

Now, you you rather be married yesterday for the rest of your life and then forget it or be married tomorrow for the rest of your life and forget it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Nalaar on September 25, 2022, 02:47:34 PM

Our seagulls used to go for the winter and only come back in the spring for baby feeding, now they have cottoned on, no need to go to the tip or fishing for themselves, while you can eat your fish chips with less hassle. 

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 30, 2020, 01:42:58 PM
All the best young man . Ive just done 40 years  of a life stretch  and spent most of  it  drinking the Glens  of Antrim .

Doesn't make you forget ,but it helps .

39 years for me. Lagavulin, Oban and Laphroaig being my amnesiac of choice.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Well done you.

The trick now is to make it last. The ring I rarely bother wearing these days is looking pretty tatty in its 40th year ...

Just before this pox hit, my grand-daughters musical theatre group and the associated adult company put on chitty chitty bang bang. In the interval Moira spirited away both daughters and grand daughter to the bar so the youngest's boyfriend could ask my permission to take her off my hands.....

I told him 40 years ago Moiras father had said 'well son, if you want her you can have her' so I think I'd better say the same.

I then asked 'does moira know you're asking' to which he said 'no' and I said 'ok leave her to me. Does jennifer know your'e asking' and my word, he hadn't asked her either. Brave lad ...

He hasnt kept his word yet though. Shes still living on my bloody sofa ... but at least they have finally told they have a mortgage in principle ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 01, 2020, 02:31:55 PM
You appear to assuming you'd be judged fit to plead, otherwise it could be Broadmoor or DAHMP...

In that case I would be let out a lot earlier.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on October 01, 2020, 02:31:55 PM
You appear to assuming you'd be judged fit to plead, otherwise it could be Broadmoor or DAHMP...
Actually for you that was quite subtle Pat. I even let out a chuckle.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 30, 2020, 07:35:22 PM
44  years. If I had committed a mass murder I would have been let out by now.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Congratulations. You are much younger than I tend to imagine mods to be, and your lady looks like quite a catch.

Good luck for the future.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

44  years. If I had committed a mass murder I would have been let out by now.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe