What you need to know about Brexit

Started by Sheepy, September 30, 2020, 11:43:34 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 04:24:52 PM
It's true - I stood very elegantly in my garden and painted the leaves extremely gracefully. I haven't yet thought of doing a similar thing to political opponents, tempting as it might be sometimes!

Oh I thought you gave them a speech about Tory values and bored them to death. Now that's an effective root & dissident killer! (and works on political dissidents too)

(I'm sorry I had to... only joking.. ❤️)
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 03:55:22 PM
Well, good to see you employing the grace and elegance we hear so much about!

Reminds me of this confederate fella I talk to who talks of dropping everone he disagrees with out of helicopters like his hero Pinochet, he hasn't hijacked your account by any chance?  :D

It's true - I stood very elegantly in my garden and painted the leaves extremely gracefully. I haven't yet thought of doing a similar thing to political opponents, tempting as it might be sometimes!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 03:27:08 PM
I knew someone would come up with something like that. Fortunately it was a small patch. I got professional advice and stood and painted each leaf on both sides repeatedly over months. It died.

Well, good to see you employing the grace and elegance we hear so much about!

Reminds me of this confederate fella I talk to who talks of dropping everone he disagrees with out of helicopters like his hero Pinochet, he hasn't hijacked your account by any chance?  :D
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 02:58:46 PM
That's what you think..   8)

I knew someone would come up with something like that. Fortunately it was a small patch. I got professional advice and stood and painted each leaf on both sides repeatedly over months. It died.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 02:46:55 PM
I once had Japanese knotweed in a garden years ago. I killed it off!  ;D

That's what you think..   8)
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 02:40:12 PM
Oh I always post nonsense, you can banish me but I keep coming back like Japanese knotweed  ;) As for anoraks, I've got none yet, but will try to aspire to the lofty ideal ..

But seriously it's a good idea, when people like srv bang on and on about FPTP having to stay, Labour having to stay etc then I despair, as we need a change in ideas. I feel kind of bad imagining srv at 70+ years old thinking that a new left wing hope is just round the corner in Lab, it upsets me where perhaps it shouldn't.

Just replaying the same cyclical thing out as we've done for over 50 years is just insanity. And won't work..

I once had Japanese knotweed in a garden years ago. I killed it off!  ;D

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 02:29:09 PM
It's no good you trying to butter me up by agreeing to my mad idea! I am more likely to banish anyone left of ME! I am not fiery I'll have you know. I am extremely well balanced and cool in a way that most political anoraks would not understand. I am glad that you think you like me - let's see how long that lasts the next time I think you are posting nonsense. In the meantime I float gracefully as a swan, feathers unruffled, head nobly aloft and serene, secure in the knowledge that no man will get the better of my kind long term!  8)

Oh I always post nonsense, you can banish me but I keep coming back like Japanese knotweed  ;) As for anoraks, I've got none yet, but will try to aspire to the lofty ideal ..

But seriously it's a good idea, when people like srv bang on and on about FPTP having to stay, Labour having to stay etc then I despair, as we need a change in ideas. I feel kind of bad imagining srv at 70+ years old thinking that a new left wing hope is just round the corner in Lab, it upsets me where perhaps it shouldn't.

Just replaying the same cyclical thing out as we've done for over 50 years is just insanity. And won't work..
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 02:16:50 PM
I completely agree, they are great ideas, and this is why we need you as the supreme leader or something as I said before  I'm sorry about the other day by the way, we're both quite fiery so are bound to angrily disagree sometimes, but I think/hope you know I like you regardless. :)

It's no good you trying to butter me up by agreeing to my mad idea! I am more likely to banish anyone left of ME! I am not fiery I'll have you know. I am extremely well balanced and cool in a way that most political anoraks would not understand. I am glad that you think you like me - let's see how long that lasts the next time I think you are posting nonsense. In the meantime I float gracefully as a swan, feathers unruffled, head nobly aloft and serene, secure in the knowledge that no man will get the better of my kind long term!  8)

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 02:11:07 PM
If I may - If I were PM I would abolish all political parties. All those standing for parliament would have policies which would or would not find favour in their constituency and each MP would vote freely depending on their own election beliefs. This would encourage  different alignments in HofC depending on the topic but would also go towards ensuring that MPs read the paperwork instead of just turning up and voting because whips told them to.

The PM and Ministers would be elected by the electorate in a separate vote. That might make it interesting.

I completely agree, they are great ideas, and this is why we need you as the supreme leader or something as I said before  I'm sorry about the other day by the way, we're both quite fiery so are bound to angrily disagree sometimes, but I think/hope you know I like you regardless. :)
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 01, 2020, 02:04:25 PM
So what do you want to happen with the EU and the country if you were PM beyond the obvious?

If I may - If I were PM I would abolish all political parties. All those standing for parliament would have policies which would or would not find favour in their constituency and each MP would vote freely depending on their own election beliefs. This would encourage  different alignments in HofC depending on the topic but would also go towards ensuring that MPs read the paperwork instead of just turning up and voting because whips told them to.

The PM and Ministers would be elected by the electorate in a separate vote. That might make it interesting.

Borg Refinery

So what do you want to happen with the EU and the country if you were PM beyond the obvious?
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on October 01, 2020, 09:06:07 AM
Does the 'transition' mean the yookay is becoming the trans-united kingdom?

No Dyno it means the transition of the transition period that needs another  transition after the transition, allegedly. Which also means it would be very easy to take the BLM attitude and do away with the lot of them, with their constant bullshit, but democracy has to win in the end.

:D

Well, other than the last bit but I can easily see how you mistake the EU's attitude with BLT's..  ;D I mean the EU certainly is run by young black students after all.  ;D

I guess subtlety is not your forte.

..But it is yours. :);)

Nah, not me, I am a member of the tinfoil hat brigade, now where were we? Oh fish and what you need to know about the EU and its constant resources grab.

Glad we cleared that up.  ;D
+++

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on September 30, 2020, 09:46:17 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2020, 07:14:34 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 30, 2020, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2020, 06:14:31 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 30, 2020, 03:22:46 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 30, 2020, 01:26:27 PM
Here we go , the stitch up begins

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/30/britain-offers-eu-fishing-concession-brexit-sweetener

No Dyno it means the transition of the transition period that needs another  transition after the transition, allegedly. Which also means it would be very easy to take the BLM attitude and do away with the lot of them, with their constant bullshit, but democracy has to win in the end.

Well, other than the last bit but I can easily see how you mistake the EU's attitude with BLT's..  ;D I mean the EU certainly is run by young black students after all.  ;D

Nah, not me, I am a member of the tinfoil hat brigade, now where were we? Oh fish and what you need to know about the EU and its constant resources grab.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2020, 07:14:34 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 30, 2020, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2020, 06:14:31 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 30, 2020, 03:22:46 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 30, 2020, 01:26:27 PM
Here we go , the stitch up begins

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/30/britain-offers-eu-fishing-concession-brexit-sweetener

+++

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?