Are we bovvered?

Started by T00ts, October 01, 2020, 11:58:26 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 09, 2020, 10:58:56 AM
If you don't fear it then let the people decide and don't say they did decide 4 yrs ago. Nobody voted for leaving the EU with no deal, the breakup of the UK and wrecking England's international reputation. Remember they were told that a FTA would give them what they now have, that 18.2b would be spent on the NHS and it was also said that nobody was talking about leaving the single market, it's hard to keep up with the lies.
https://twitter.com/iandunt/status/799282286185222145?lang=en
They have several times, side issues are just that, are we bovvered are we feck, all your crying from Dublin or wherever makes not a blind bit of difference. No more Doggies chances for you.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 09, 2020, 10:43:31 AMIf that is what it takes, then so be it, if it takes the Westminster bubble and Brussels with it, then even better. I am not like you, I don't fear democracy I respect it.
If you don't fear it then let the people decide and don't say they did decide 4 yrs ago. Nobody voted for leaving the EU with no deal, the breakup of the UK and wrecking England's international reputation. Remember they were told that a FTA would give them what they now have, that 18.2b would be spent on the NHS and it was also said that nobody was talking about leaving the single market, it's hard to keep up with the lies.
https://twitter.com/iandunt/status/799282286185222145?lang=en

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 09, 2020, 10:39:36 AM
It's looking like the UK is toast, what was once a empire, we could very soon see the breakup of it's constituent parts. Just think kids being born in the next 10yrs might only know of GB, Scotland and ROI, they will only think of the UK as a historical period like the dinosaurs.
If that is what it takes, then so be it, if it takes the Westminster bubble and Brussels with it, then even better. I am not like you, I don't fear democracy I respect it.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 09, 2020, 10:26:51 AMGood to hear, that's why we have constantly backed it up. The EU is toast.
It's looking like the UK is toast, what was once a empire, we could very soon see the breakup of it's constituent parts. Just think kids being born in the next 10yrs might only know of GB, Scotland and ROI, they will only think of the UK as a historical period like the dinosaurs.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 09, 2020, 01:16:22 AM
That's good to hear. But democracy is not a once in a life time process. Scotland had a vote, things have dramatically changed and they want another vote. Johnson should beg for forgiveness and tell Scotland that they can do what they want. Just like the EU let the UK do what it wants. It's not Johnson's position to say to Scotland that the time is not right or it's too soon since the last vote, that's how dictators do things. The only saving grace is Johnson is a pure idiot so he prob doesn't mean to be a dictator, he just can't help doing everything wrong.
Good to hear, that's why we have constantly backed it up. The EU is toast.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 09, 2020, 08:56:05 AMThe EU will not allow us to do this that and the other.
Only problem for you is, the EU has no army.
Your not in the EU anymore, at the end of transition you can do what you want, the EU won't much care, it's more interested in what it is doing and it's own problems to watch what the UK is doing. All the EU expects is the UK as a sovereign state to honour it's international treaty
Quote from: Baff on October 09, 2020, 08:56:05 AMUK law is superior to all other laws in the UK.
Breaking an agreement with the EU has been a pleasure.
Your agreements are designed to enslave us.
UK law is not superior to international law when it concerns international treaties. Domestic law doesn't overrule its international treaties.
Quote from: Baff on October 09, 2020, 08:56:05 AMBut you are weak. And no one cares about your empty threats.
You don't rule here and you never will.
We never did and never wanted to. We have made no threats, care to elaborate.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on October 09, 2020, 01:11:26 AM
You seem to think the UK can just stomp about demanding this and that. The EU can do what it wants, it will set the terms by which it does trade deals. There is nothing unfair or bullying or anything about that. The EU will protect it's internal market and is not going to allow a Singapore on it's doorstep. The UK can either accept or leave these terms. No bad feelings etc, the UK knew this before leaving, this is no surprise.
The EU has a massive market, no way it will open that up to a UK that is looking to undercut EU markets with state aid funded UK industries or a UK using lower employee standards. Your not being told what to do, plenty of other countries around the world to trade with. Look at barniers step diag if you want to see the options available, its the same today as back in 2017 when it was given to the UK. What the UK wants is irrelevant, the UK is the smaller market and will be a rule taker. You think the EU is bad, wait for the USA to get started.
It's not unsavoury, its breaking international law. UK law is not superior to international law when your dealing with a country/block that's far larger. It doesn't get to make agreements and then months later issue a notice to break that agreement. Not that the UK is trying to do that because they know that would be madness.

The EU will not allow us to do this that and the other.
Only problem for you is, the EU has no army.

UK law is superior to all other laws in the UK.
Breaking an agreement with the EU has been a pleasure.
Your agreements are designed to enslave us.

But you are weak. And no one cares about your empty threats.
You don't rule here and you never will.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 09, 2020, 01:01:45 AMI helped make sure they got a vote, don't tell lies. I am not a Communist, free will and democracy.
That's good to hear. But democracy is not a once in a life time process. Scotland had a vote, things have dramatically changed and they want another vote. Johnson should beg for forgiveness and tell Scotland that they can do what they want. Just like the EU let the UK do what it wants. It's not Johnson's position to say to Scotland that the time is not right or it's too soon since the last vote, that's how dictators do things. The only saving grace is Johnson is a pure idiot so he prob doesn't mean to be a dictator, he just can't help doing everything wrong.

GerryT

Quote from: Stevlin on October 08, 2020, 09:45:33 PMNope - 'as usual' - it is YOU that just doesn't comprehend what 'sovereignty' really means. tell me - how many trade agreements has the EU established  with 'sovereign' countries, wherein they have insisted on 'free access to their territorial waters', and or required those sovereign countries to resolve  'issues' in the EU 'court', and acceptance of certain  EU dictats as a necessary requirement in resolution of 'trade disputes'. Your inherent hatred of the 'UK' just blinds you to reality....the UK merely seek a FTA with the EU....so don't blindly confuse EU specified supplementary requirements with a requirement to meet 'product standards'.
The EU are currently insisting on the UK complying with issues that have nothing whatsoever to do with trading rules, to an extent that doesn't apply to other 'sovereign ' countries.
You seem to think the UK can just stomp about demanding this and that. The EU can do what it wants, it will set the terms by which it does trade deals. There is nothing unfair or bullying or anything about that. The EU will protect it's internal market and is not going to allow a Singapore on it's doorstep. The UK can either accept or leave these terms. No bad feelings etc, the UK knew this before leaving, this is no surprise.
The EU has a massive market, no way it will open that up to a UK that is looking to undercut EU markets with state aid funded UK industries or a UK using lower employee standards. Your not being told what to do, plenty of other countries around the world to trade with. Look at barniers step diag if you want to see the options available, its the same today as back in 2017 when it was given to the UK. What the UK wants is irrelevant, the UK is the smaller market and will be a rule taker. You think the EU is bad, wait for the USA to get started.

Quote from: Stevlin on October 08, 2020, 09:45:33 PMMy point about the UK's approach to cutting ties IS somewhat unsavoury,because their one sided decision to 'break an agreement' was indeed unsavoury, as due notice should certainly have been made beforehand, with the attempt to agree a modification, or merely serving due notice of terminating their treaty agreement prior to leaving.....but the point is - they DO have the sovereign right to terminate their participation in that agreement.
So you can stop spouting all that  tripe about the UK's imperial past - the UK's  sovereign rights speak for themselves, no more, and no less than the rights enjoyed by other truly 'sovereign' countries.... ie ALL sovereign countries, non-of -which are members of the unofficial United Soviet States of Europe!
It's not unsavoury, its breaking international law. UK law is not superior to international law when your dealing with a country/block that's far larger. It doesn't get to make agreements and then months later issue a notice to break that agreement. Not that the UK is trying to do that because they know that would be madness.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 09, 2020, 12:58:45 AM
Like England refusing Scotland a vote, nationalists in IRL rigged so they didn't have a vote, you can keep your type of democracy.
I helped make sure they got a vote, don't tell lies. I am not a Communist, free will and democracy.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 09, 2020, 12:56:42 AMThe EU couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, they cannot even manage when democracy arrives, they go into freefall.
Like England refusing Scotland a vote, nationalists in IRL rigged so they didn't have a vote, you can keep your type of democracy.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 08, 2020, 08:16:01 PMWhat does the Vienna Convention have to say about not honouring the NATO agreement?
What punitive sanctions do you suggest we take for that breach of international law?
What are you talking about
Quote from: Baff on October 08, 2020, 08:16:01 PMAdjust your attitude and you will get a trade deal that will make you richer.
Carry on as you are and you will get WW3.
Your ranting now, you left the EU so get on with it. You have no right to a trade deal. The UK is now a large small country, it's no longer a player with the big boys.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 09, 2020, 12:54:02 AMWhy ?? The EU is looking out for itself.
The EU couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, they cannot even manage when democracy arrives, they go into freefall.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 08, 2020, 08:10:03 PMAnd then your agreement will last more than just a few weeks while a new government beds in.
It is this govt that agreed the deal, oven ready was the phrase, and now the same govt say its a bad deal
Quote from: Baff on October 08, 2020, 08:10:03 PMThreatening us with the destruction of our country isn't getting you anywhere either.
If thats the case the UK is threatening itself, it signed up to the terms. Your golden boy, is not up to the job
Quote from: Baff on October 08, 2020, 08:10:03 PMOffer us something we want.
Why ?? The EU is looking out for itself.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 08, 2020, 05:06:43 PMBarnier was forced to make a public retraction of his threat.
His bluff got nuked from high orbit.
Would love to see that, have you a link to that.. the retraction that is