Harry and Meghan call to end 'structural racism'

Started by Borchester, October 01, 2020, 03:22:41 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on October 02, 2020, 01:13:40 PM
Well I was just reading how allegedly Harry found something rotten in royalness, it has only been there for centuries, you might think someone would have noticed in the past.

Or rather Megan has realised she doesn't fit Royal and is  pulling the poor lads strings . Harry has become a right Royal henpecked wimp and is actually starting to grind the gears .
This is a bloke who served in the Army ,had the pick of the Sloane square set but  played strip snooker with a load of  whores  and ended up with crappy actress from America . He  now thinks all us whitey's are privileged and  need to  do what exactly for the black community ?

Thank feck William was born first

Sheepy

Well I was just reading how allegedly Harry found something rotten in royalness, it has only been there for centuries, you might think someone would have noticed in the past.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 07:49:12 PM
I do wonder how long it will be before Harry's hair darkens together with his skin.

I suspect parenthood will turn it grey first as happens to mist blokes on the planet ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2020, 09:39:38 PM
Bit like you with Prince Andrew?

Open Goal :P
I think Prince Andrew smells like a far fishier character than Meghan or Harry, neither of the latter of whom hung out with convicted sex offenders or were pictured with underage girls whose company was denied and who subsequently went on to make allegations.

Where is the actual dirt - proven or alleged - against Meghan and Harry?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 08:11:00 PM
If that happens, the Daily Mail et al will start hating on him as much as they did Meghan.
Bit like you with Prince Andrew?

Open Goal :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 01, 2020, 09:26:16 PM
What ,sort of like Michael Jackson in reverse ?

I guess so but I find it so interesting that a woman of mixed race seems to align herself so completely with her black side. I always thought that most mixed race people found it difficult to feel totally comfortable in either. It makes me wonder what the real attraction of Harry was/is with his Celtic looks. Oh yes I forgot - HRH. (Note to self - don't get cynical)

Streetwalker

I do wonder how long it will be before Harry's hair darkens together with his skin.

What ,sort of like Michael Jackson in reverse ?

srb7677

If that happens, the Daily Mail et al will start hating on him as much as they did Meghan.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

srb7677

I strongly suspect that "structural" racism, and "institutional" racism are different terms for much the same thing, or are used as such.

Insofar as I can distil any difference from an understanding of language, "institutional" tends to suggest something that is rife throughout an institution without it necessarily being an integral part of the structure of any such institution. "Structural" suggests that the structure itself is racist rather than simply being an entity in which racism is rife. But the difference is so semantically small that the terms will probably be used interchangeably.

The bigger question is whether structural or institutional racism actually exists and if so to what extent. That is a whole other argument. Will leave the opening shots on that one to others.

Thomas

QuoteKeir Starmer: pupils should learn more black British history

Exclusive: Labour leader marks Black History Month with call for diverse school curriculum
The Labour leader, Keir Starmer, is to call for schoolchildren to be taught more about Britain's black history, to help them reach "a full understanding of the struggle for equality".

As he marks the start of Black History Month by visiting the Museum of London with the shadow equalities minister, Marsha de Cordova, Starmer will join calls for the curriculum to be made more diverse.

"This month we celebrate the huge achievements of Black Britons and the Black community. But Black British history should be taught all year round, as part of a truly diverse school curriculum that includes and inspires all young people and aids a full understanding of the struggle for equality," he said, in pre-released remarks.

"While some schools are already doing this, the government should ensure all students benefit from a diverse curriculum."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/30/keir-starmer-pupils-should-learn-more-black-british-history

Sir keir knight of the realm starmer getting down on one knee calling for more black history teaching  to compliment harry and meghans call for an end to "structural racism".

;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sampanviking

Maybe its because the Monarchy is an institution, not a structure?

Streetwalker

Its a pretty new take on racism , maybe the structural version comes with more compo .

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2020, 03:22:41 PM
  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54372900

I don't know if structural racism is better or worse than institutional racism, but Mags Markle seems to think so and you can't say fairer than that.

Perhaps it's the same but this is a modern take on the same thing - unless of course they don't know the word institutional.

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54372900

I don't know if structural racism is better or worse than institutional racism, but Mags Markle seems to think so and you can't say fairer than that. 
Algerie Francais !