SNP MP attends parliament and travels on train in spite of testing positive for

Started by srb7677, October 01, 2020, 09:29:52 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on October 02, 2020, 07:12:34 AM
There are two threads on this subject.
I know. I started this one. Then Barry chose to ignore it and start another one. I think both need to be merged.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 10:12:13 PM
The thing is, she was concerned enough about her symptoms to actually have a test, but apparently not quite so concerned about the potential risk of infecting others, possibly fatally. However understandable, her actions were selfish in the extreme and therefore inexcusable.

Fair enough and let's hope she hasn't infected anyone else. Let's not burn her at the stake though she is being punished.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2020, 09:48:23 PM
I saw this and it's scary. I guess the natural instinct is to get oneself home. I don't know if she has husband and kids but it must be frightening to be 100s of miles from home and needing to isolate. I might be playing devil's advocate but what else was she really expected to do? Did she travel 1st class and thus away from others, wearing a mask and doing her best not to infect anyone? Admittedly if she had symptoms enough to need a test she should ever have left home in the first place, but I bet like many others she felt ok and therefore convinced herself that it would be negative. How many others are doing the same? Not because they think about breaking rules but simply because it's really hard to just stop living with commitments that feel more important. She was wrong of course but at the same time I have some sympathy for her predicament.
The thing is, she was concerned enough about her symptoms to actually have a test, but apparently not quite so concerned about the potential risk of infecting others, possibly fatally. However understandable, her actions were selfish in the extreme and therefore inexcusable.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2020, 09:29:52 PM
Margaret Ferrier, an SNP MP with covid symptoms attended parliament in spite of awaiting the results of a test. Then she travelled by train to Scotland after being told she'd tested positive, apparently not giving a flying f**k about who she might infect and possibly kill as a result.

Anyone who tries to tell me the SNP are whiter than white with selfish, callous and grossly irresponsible reprobates such as this sitting on their benches has no credibility whatsoever....

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/mp-attended-parliament-with-covid-symptoms-and-failed-to-isolate-after-testing-positive-13358435/

I saw this and it's scary. I guess the natural instinct is to get oneself home. I don't know if she has husband and kids but it must be frightening to be 100s of miles from home and needing to isolate. I might be playing devil's advocate but what else was she really expected to do? Did she travel 1st class and thus away from others, wearing a mask and doing her best not to infect anyone? Admittedly if she had symptoms enough to need a test she should ever have left home in the first place, but I bet like many others she felt ok and therefore convinced herself that it would be negative. How many others are doing the same? Not because they think about breaking rules but simply because it's really hard to just stop living with commitments that feel more important. She was wrong of course but at the same time I have some sympathy for her predicament.

srb7677

Margaret Ferrier, an SNP MP with covid symptoms attended parliament in spite of awaiting the results of a test. Then she travelled by train to Scotland after being told she'd tested positive, apparently not giving a flying F@@@ about who she might infect and possibly kill as a result.

Anyone who tries to tell me the SNP are whiter than white with selfish, callous and grossly irresponsible reprobates such as this sitting on their benches has no credibility whatsoever....

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/mp-attended-parliament-with-covid-symptoms-and-failed-to-isolate-after-testing-positive-13358435/