Trump trumped by Covid

Started by T00ts, October 02, 2020, 09:30:32 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 03, 2020, 12:01:35 AM
Do we ? I don't think thee is much sympathy going round anywhere right now. Well, not in the circles I move in anyway...

Similar with me.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on October 02, 2020, 08:48:58 PM
In Britain we have such a concept as a 'sympathy vote'

Do we ? I don't think thee is much sympathy going round anywhere right now. Well, not in the circles I move in anyway...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on October 02, 2020, 10:09:53 PM
I wish Trump well too but I hope he loses the election.
Well, you would, you support the left, so the old washed up Biden is for you.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

I wish Trump well too but I hope he loses the election.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 02, 2020, 05:42:48 PM"I also believe that someday scientists will come to see that only the theory of intelligent design provides even a remotely rational explanation for the known universe," Pence, not Cents...
I get that being a non-believer you disagree with him, but it does not make him nonsensical. I was having dinner with a friend today who suggested Pence was "dangerous", however, my friend is also an agnostic so I expect he thinks as you do.

I wish Trump well and hope he goes on to win the election.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

In Britain we have such a concept as a 'sympathy vote' but I'm not sure the same is true in the USA. Trump has said he's got no time for losers, even if they're America's war dead. Will this sentiment backfire on a sick presidential candidate if he becomes more ill?

Apparently the president can't cancel or postpone the election, only congress can do that.  And if there's no election Trump would cease to be president in January anyway.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 02, 2020, 02:12:35 PM
The  funny thing here is if Trump has a bad dose (or worse ) we end up with Mike Pence as President . This is the guy apart from being VP  that leads the White house coronavirus task force . ;D
"I also believe that someday scientists will come to see that only the theory of intelligent design provides even a remotely rational explanation for the known universe," Pence, not Cents...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

The  funny thing here is if Trump has a bad dose (or worse ) we end up with Mike Pence as President . This is the guy apart from being VP  that leads the White house coronavirus task force . ;D

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 02, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Donald Trump and Melania have tested positive to Covid and this near to the Presidential elections it might seem like a twist in a long running saga for TV. Anyway my interest is not so much the election as the effect on Trump and possibly us and perhaps the world.

Thus far Trump in his wisdom - or should that be lack of - has bounced around telling anyone who would listen that it was nothing to worry about, it was Chinese flu and has more or less ignored what has been happening to people. He is the wrong age and shape to take it lightly but there is a chance he will bounce out the other side as good as new. Or will he? Of course he may well have shared this gift with Biden who is also the wrong age to cope well.

We too, at a very difficult time in our history can see that the man who arrived at No 10 before Christmas is not the rather dour chap currently looking a little lost much of the time, while questions are increasing about his demeanour. The question I have is how will the US cope if they are confronted in some weeks time with a new President who is no longer bouncing? I guess that could be Biden or Trump. More than that will the 'special relationship' survive while neither leader is bouncing along on a wave of national euphoria?

I'm waiting for "Occupy Democrats" to put up a meme thanking god for answering their prayers and can he make sure there's no spare working ventilators in the presidential ICU ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Donald Trump and Melania have tested positive to Covid and this near to the Presidential elections it might seem like a twist in a long running saga for TV. Anyway my interest is not so much the election as the effect on Trump and possibly us and perhaps the world.

Thus far Trump in his wisdom - or should that be lack of - has bounced around telling anyone who would listen that it was nothing to worry about, it was Chinese flu and has more or less ignored what has been happening to people. He is the wrong age and shape to take it lightly but there is a chance he will bounce out the other side as good as new. Or will he? Of course he may well have shared this gift with Biden who is also the wrong age to cope well.

We too, at a very difficult time in our history can see that the man who arrived at No 10 before Christmas is not the rather dour chap currently looking a little lost much of the time, while questions are increasing about his demeanour. The question I have is how will the US cope if they are confronted in some weeks time with a new President who is no longer bouncing? I guess that could be Biden or Trump. More than that will the 'special relationship' survive while neither leader is bouncing along on a wave of national euphoria?