The plague has now reached within five miles of my home

Started by papasmurf, October 02, 2020, 02:12:43 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2020, 08:22:26 PM
Still plenty of nasty bastards though.

im reading a fantastic book pappy on the history of glue.

I cant put it down.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 03, 2020, 08:06:56 PM
I am not so sure about the Hells Angels who have changed a bit since the days of Marlon Brando and the Wild One. These days they tend to be tubby grandads spending the kids inheritance. Plenty of fat but not much in the way of meat.

Still plenty of nasty bastards though.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on October 03, 2020, 07:04:23 PM
Road kill? At least there'll be meat on the table — deer, pheasants, partridges, etc, that is, not Hell's Angels or drunk drivers...

I am not so sure about the Hells Angels who have changed a bit since the days of Marlon Brando and the Wild One. These days they tend to be tubby grandads spending the kids inheritance. Plenty of fat but not much in the way of meat.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2020, 07:28:40 PM
Actually very little road kill, but the human carnage is well above what is usual here. (There are no HA where I live, there was an outbreak of "accidents," and long  jail terms. That was several years ago.)

jesus christ smurf , truro sounds like a feckin war zone from your description.

No wonder you are scared to go out the house......i would be too!

Human carnage , long jail terms , plague carriers...is there no end to the hell you are being put through daily?

All that after a long hot summer of nasty tourists too!

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 03, 2020, 07:04:23 PM
Road kill? At least there'll be meat on the table — deer, pheasants, partridges, etc, that is, not Hell's Angels or drunk drivers...

Actually very little road kill, but the human carnage is well above what is usual here. (There are no HA where I live, there was an outbreak of "accidents," and long  jail terms. That was several years ago.)

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2020, 11:07:47 AMThe number of road accidents is reaching ridiculous levels .
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 03, 2020, 10:56:04 AM

I have this vision of Pappy's neighbours sealing him up in his house and painting a red cross on his door. But not to be outdone, our lad makes a bid to escape by scrambling up the chimney, only to be forced back by more neighbours poking him with sticks.

Nice to see the fun side of this bug  :) :)

My neighbours, are mainly still shielding like me because the numbers of potential plague carriers from up country is not diminishing, they also have complete disregard for the Covid-19 regulation, the area of outstanding natural beauty or the people who live in it.
The number of road accidents is reaching ridiculous levels .
My neighbours  are not going out unless they have to.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 02, 2020, 02:20:23 PM
Flue jabs?..........are your chimneys blocked?

I have this vision of Pappy's neighbours sealing him up in his house and painting a red cross on his door. But not to be outdone, our lad makes a bid to escape by scrambling up the chimney, only to be forced back by more neighbours poking him with sticks.

Nice to see the fun side of this bug  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on October 03, 2020, 10:13:32 AM
Is it.........well take a leaf out of the old forum thread and........ (another bad joke?)

Just 50 more pages of smurf one liners to go. 👍
+++

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2020, 09:55:46 AM
An unintelligible joke.

Is it.........well take a leaf out of the old forum thread and........ (another bad joke?)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on October 03, 2020, 09:52:05 AM
FLUE is a perfectly acceptable shortening of inFLUEnza and is often used as such.
But Cromwell loves a bit of pun and couldn't resist the bad joke.
Emm no it isn't,I don't know where you get it's used often as such because all the English dictionaries  make no mention of it being influenza...... it refers to bloody chimney not that it matters and bad Joke or no all you get is stuff in capitals and un related to what is being discussed,am I grumpy about this?a little probably, pedantic too just got out of bed the wrong side but I sometimes feel smurfy is on the planet gnomenuts.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 03, 2020, 09:52:05 AM
FLUE is a perfectly acceptable shortening of inFLUEnza and is often used as such.

An unintelligible joke.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 03, 2020, 08:31:50 AM
Really?
Well you start off telling us about your chimney jabs then progress to saying you are not getting immunised against covid,is that because there is no vaccine yet........well I never.

WTF are "chimney jabs?"