Councils given five minutes’ notice of local lockdown confirmation

Started by Dynamis, October 03, 2020, 06:45:54 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 03, 2020, 09:30:30 AM
;D

Come on... it was badly done. "knowing what's coming" just isn't good enough.

I know the grauniad is ridiculous these days and does play up to super (ill)liberal stereotypes as with hilarious articles like "Radiohead are the blackest white band of our times" << now that had me in hysterics for 2 minutes. ;D But you can't tell me they are wrong despite their clear bias and agenda?

It would be so nice to live in a perfect world! It's just criticism for criticism sake.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2020, 09:25:21 AM
Yes they had the confirmation late

;D

Come on... it was badly done. "knowing what's coming" just isn't good enough.

I know the grauniad is ridiculous these days and does play up to super (ill)liberal stereotypes as with hilarious articles like "Radiohead are the blackest white band of our times" << now that had me in hysterics for 2 minutes. ;D But you can't tell me they are wrong despite their clear bias and agenda?
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on October 03, 2020, 06:45:54 AM
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/02/councils-given-five-minutes-notice-of-local-lockdown-confirmation

Council leaders in England were given five minutes' notice of local lockdown rules being confirmed in their areas, according to emails seen by the Guardian.

Amid growing calls for local authorities to have more control over restrictions, Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, is urging ministers to put councils "in the driver's seat".

Hartlepool and Middlesbrough councils were only informed of the confirmed detail of the proposed restrictions when they received a draft press release from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) at 10.25am on Thursday, five minutes before the measures were announced by Matt Hancock, leaked emails suggest.
----

Incompetence of a kind rarely seen; sadly cheered on by a vast array of the Tory faithful sycophantics. It's a shame really.

My experience of local councils is that they dither. The lobbying is too close to home and if a shut down is deemed necessary it surely has to be a centralised decision. Yes they had the confirmation late but they knew it was coming. Everyone else did. The Guardian is just playing a media game for it's disgruntled readers.

Borg Refinery

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/02/councils-given-five-minutes-notice-of-local-lockdown-confirmation

Council leaders in England were given five minutes' notice of local lockdown rules being confirmed in their areas, according to emails seen by the Guardian.

Amid growing calls for local authorities to have more control over restrictions, Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, is urging ministers to put councils "in the driver's seat".

Hartlepool and Middlesbrough councils were only informed of the confirmed detail of the proposed restrictions when they received a draft press release from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) at 10.25am on Thursday, five minutes before the measures were announced by Matt Hancock, leaked emails suggest.
----

Incompetence of a kind rarely seen; sadly cheered on by a vast array of the Tory faithful sycophantics. It's a shame really.
+++