Lords reject freedom of movement bill

Started by Streetwalker, October 05, 2020, 05:51:08 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 02:56:38 PM
Nope, that doesn't work at all, I want to know how those countries make decisions for the EU, just like the dictator Johnson does for NI, Scotland and Wales. They don't and your again spectacularly wrong.

Those countries are far larger and export far more within the EU, they benefit the most from that tariff free trade. Also as a percent of their GDP their not putting in any more that any other country.

So fire away how do these countries control the EU. Give a couple of examples how they make unilateral decisions that the rest of the block meekly follow along.

Watch carefully over the next 34 hours. You just might have a revelation.

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 02:25:04 PMIf you look at the below screenshot you%u2019ll see that now the UK has gone Germany and France pay in twice what the other contributors pay put together. I%u2019ll let you figure out why France and Germany might have influence over all the rest.

Nope, that doesn't work at all, I want to know how those countries make decisions for the EU, just like the dictator Johnson does for NI, Scotland and Wales. They don't and your again spectacularly wrong.

Those countries are far larger and export far more within the EU, they benefit the most from that tariff free trade. Also as a percent of their GDP their not putting in any more that any other country.

So fire away how do these countries control the EU. Give a couple of examples how they make unilateral decisions that the rest of the block meekly follow along.

Cor Blimey!

On a more serious note: Other Member States often want things that Ireland doesn't want. So what? It was never expected that the Member States would always agree with each other. The big difference now is that, when Europe disagrees with itself, it fights its battles in Brussels, not on The Somme. That was the whole idea. It was why the EU was established. Germany and France have more influence because they're bigger states. Whoppee Doo! It's nice to see them working together, instead of blowing Europe apart.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 02:25:04 PM
If you look at the below screenshot you'll see that now the UK has gone Germany and France pay in twice what the other contributors pay put together. I'll let you figure out why France and Germany might have influence over all the rest.

We know you've got more banks. You can't hide them from us. Hand them over or we'll set Iceland on you.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 01:54:02 AM
And how do they control.
Johnson says hard brexit, he can do it, he's in charge. Nothing Scotland, NI or Wales can do. Even if all 3 wanted to stop it they can't.

Now how does Merkel and Macron do likewise. How do they take action, make things happen. Some detail or examples would be nice.

This should be good.

If you look at the below screenshot you'll see that now the UK has gone Germany and France pay in twice what the other contributors pay put together. I'll let you figure out why France and Germany might have influence over all the rest.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:34:03 PMThe Member States are the principals, the EU is the agent. What the EU does, it does as our agent.
Exactly. Those small countries are the EU. But your banging your head against a wall.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 01:31:56 PM
Ooooh! I don't have a forelock. I have never felt the need for one. Have you not realised yet that the EU says jump regularly and that apart from a couple of members the whole bloc asks 'how high'?

The Member States are the principals, the EU is the agent. What the EU does, it does as our agent.

T00ts

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:27:36 PM
We got the devil out of most of our country a long time ago. When are you going to stop tugging your forelock, Toots?

This is the story of Brexit: John Cleese's character told Ronnie Corbett's character to jump; Ronnie's character tugged his forelock and asked 'how high?'

https://www.facebook.com/thejohncleese/videos/the-class-system-sketch-from-1966-with-ronnie-barker-ronnie-corbett-johncleese-c/1870718759725920/

Ooooh! I don't have a forelock. I have never felt the need for one. Have you not realised yet that the EU says jump regularly and that apart from a couple of members the whole bloc asks 'how high'?

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 12:48:19 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D That's worth another giggle. Thank you. I don't even know what a plastic Paddy is unless perhaps it's a gnome. Joe Biden? Thread drift? I am really sorry for the Americans they are between the devil and the deep blue sea. A bit like S Ireland if you think about it.

We exorcised the devil from  most of our country a long time ago. When are you going to stop tugging your forelock, Toots?

This is the story of Brexit: John Cleese's character told Ronnie Corbett's character to jump; Ronnie's character tugged his forelock and asked 'how high?'

https://www.facebook.com/thejohncleese/videos/the-class-system-sketch-from-1966-with-ronnie-barker-ronnie-corbett-johncleese-c/1870718759725920/

T00ts

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 12:25:16 PM
If you think I'm a mouthy Plastic Paddy, wait 'til you see Joe Biden. He's king of the Plastic Paddies.

;D ;D ;D ;D That's worth another giggle. Thank you. I don't even know what a plastic Paddy is unless perhaps it's a gnome. Joe Biden? Thread drift? I am really sorry for the Americans they are between the devil and the deep blue sea. A bit like S Ireland if you think about it.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 12:23:56 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You really see yourself as a cheeky chappy!

If you think I'm a mouthy Plastic Paddy, wait 'til you see Joe Biden. He's king of the Plastic Paddies.

T00ts

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 12:05:13 PM
Says you who wants to kiss it instead, Hilarious. Send the bankers we would give them you for free, but they won't feck off, they have it so good.

Send more banks. Lots more.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 12:02:54 PM
Keep on kissing the rod that beats you, Ovium. It's a very English characteristic.
Says you who wants to kiss it instead, Hilarious. Send the bankers we would give them you for free, but they won't feck off, they have it so good.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 12:01:11 PM
Or in other words more romantic idealism. Without an inkling of how it really works.

Keep on kissing the rod that beats you, Ovium. It's a very English characteristic.