Community Speed Watch

Started by papasmurf, October 05, 2020, 06:34:53 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

I have a radar speed detector, I occasionally carry it when walking in the village. Surprisingly, although the speed limit of 30 is often exceeded, I have not recorded anyone at very high speed. I did record one at 49, but he was just leaving the 40 into 30 and braking.
Some cars brake when I operate the device, I suspect they have radar detectors.

I'm not sure about the legality of using this device, so I just keep it to myself for personal interest.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Power is what men seek , and any group that gets it will abuse it

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 05, 2020, 08:09:17 PM
Can the local parish council actually issue speeding tickets, or is it an exercise to gather enough evidence for a speed trap or gatso...?

It is a national scheme details here:-
https://www.communityspeedwatch.org/
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2020, 06:34:53 PM
The local parish council wants volunteers for a Community Speed Watch.  (They have been given the money and the kit to do the job.)
My problem in the supplied kit there is no "stinger," tyre shredding kit, or Ithaca 10 bore road blocker shotgun to smash the  engine block of any non compliant drivers.
Can the local parish council actually issue speeding tickets, or is it an exercise to gather enough evidence for a speed trap or gatso...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on October 05, 2020, 07:47:29 PM
And how about pre-emptive strikes on parked Subaru Imprezzas?

The cars attempting 130mph in the 30mph limit are many and various makes, and not all driven by youth by a long way.

HDQQ

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2020, 07:40:28 PM
Actually I would prefer an RPG 7 Rocket Launcher.

And how about pre-emptive strikes on parked Subaru Imprezzas?

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 07:15:03 PM
I don't believe that you believe half of what you post.

Actually I would prefer an RPG 7 Rocket Launcher.

T00ts

The local parish council wants volunteers for a Community Speed Watch.  (They have been given the money and the kit to do the job.)
My problem in the supplied kit there is no "stinger," tyre shredding kit, or Ithaca 10 bore road blocker shotgun to smash the  engine block of any non compliant drivers.

I don't believe that you believe half of what you post.

cromwell

Mad as a box of frogs
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf