Dis-satisfaction with Bojo-The-Clown

Started by papasmurf, October 06, 2020, 02:13:33 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 11, 2020, 11:35:39 PM
Most likely wasn't intentional as ConservativeHome was left in the illustration caption.
As a website it probably gives a more accurate view of Tory party support than current official spin...

You never know with that minx 😝
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Most likely wasn't intentional as ConservativeHome was left in the illustration caption.
As a website it probably gives a more accurate view of Tory party support than current official spin...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 07, 2020, 12:50:22 PM
That seems an OTT opinion on ConservativeHome, which has a good reputation for correctly gauging opinion among Conservative supporters, and for gathering and organising Conservative grass roots support in favour, or against, contentious issues. Its views frequently appear to be the mainstream opinion of the wider party...

The deception was splitting Conservative and Home in the OP, making it look like an official Tory website. 

patman post

Quote from: HDQQ on October 09, 2020, 04:44:25 PMWhile I'm not a Tory and certainly not an admirer of Boris Johnson, I can't see what he might have done (or not done) that could push his approval rating among party members down to -10.3.
You seem to be impugning the intelligence and integrity of the bulk of Tory supporters.
Johnson's cock-ups, lies and jovial gigs may not have mattered to the wider world while a journalist or mayor. But his misspeaking and lack of knowledge of his brief in parliament (Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is one example) have been noted by Tories at large, as have his blustering at PMQ, and "inattention" to parliamentary rules while PM.
Even the blue-rinses and Col Blimps of Tunbridge Wells (so beloved of some here) are beginning to murmur...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

So -
Rishi Sunak, who has been pursuing what could be seen by many Tories as a left-wing interventionist spending policy re. covid-19 gets an approval rating of 81.5
Jacob Rees-Mogg, who is consistently flippant and condescending in an old-fashioned and somewhat snobbish way, gets 44.8
Dominic Raab, who hasn't demonstrated any capability to do anything, gets 59.7

While I'm not a Tory and certainly not an admirer of Boris Johnson, I can't see what he might have done (or not done) that could push his approval rating among party members down to -10.3.
I mean, compare Johnson with Trump, who deserves an approval rating off the bottom of the scale among republicans by now.

These stats seem very inconsistent and and don't indicate any concensus within the Tory membership.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Standard Tory conference then, set the stall for weeks before and show leader as sub-standard, although in this case as the last, it isn't so difficult.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: nick on October 07, 2020, 08:42:40 AM
You trying to pass some Mickey Mouse website as an official Tory website.
That seems an OTT opinion on ConservativeHome, which has a good reputation for correctly gauging opinion among Conservative supporters, and for gathering and organising Conservative grass roots support in favour, or against, contentious issues. Its views frequently appear to be the mainstream opinion of the wider party...

papasmurf

Quote from: nick on October 07, 2020, 08:42:40 AM

I did not such thing. You must be the only person in Britain who doesn't know it is not the Tory official website.  I did  not embolden it, I mere used the usual convention of capitalisation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2020, 08:39:01 AM
What are you on about?

papasmurf

Quote from: nick on October 07, 2020, 08:31:24 AM
Ah but you did alter its name.
You took conservativehome and made it Conservative Home which is classed as sharp practice in my book.

What are you on about?

johnofgwent

Who is Gavin Williamson ? And I bet you Rishi won't be half as popular when he starts clawing back the handouts.

But then again, why does any of this matter ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2020, 08:14:43 AM
I merely referenced it.  I did not alter it's name.

Ah but you did alter its name.
You took conservativehome and made it Conservative Home which is classed as sharp practice in my book.

papasmurf

Quote from: nick on October 06, 2020, 07:55:07 PM
And it's a totally independent website, not as you worded it.

I merely referenced it.  I did not alter it's name.

Nick

Streetwalker

What the Tory's think of Johnson is of no concern until next year