Wee Crankie bans booze in Scotland...

Started by DeppityDawg, October 07, 2020, 06:17:53 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 07, 2020, 10:14:59 PM
Only indoors I think . The pubs can still sell take away which means weather permitting the Buckfast  exports will continue at full speed .

What the hell though ?  The pubs Ive been in since the great re-opening are probably the most safe places you can go to . Has there actually been a pub that has been identified as the source of an outbreak ?   Ive not heard of one and if so shut that pub for 2 weeks ,fair enough but to blanket close all  pubs is an outrage .
Pub closures "an outrage"? You have to admit they're hardly a necessity. Unlike food stores, pharmacies, NHS, etc. Tough on public as and pub staff, maybe. But no more than for musicians, actors, entertainment staff, etc...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 07, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
...what could possibly go wrong?  :D :D :D

I am quite skilled in the use of a rebreather and my daughter's fiancee has the use of a static caravan a mile south of Berwick Upon Tweed. Smuggling operations can be aranged.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 07, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
...what could possibly go wrong?  :D :D :D

Only indoors I think . The pubs can still sell take away which means weather permitting the Buckfast  exports will continue at full speed .

What the hell though ?  The pubs Ive been in since the great re-opening are probably the most safe places you can go to . Has there actually been a pub that has been identified as the source of an outbreak ?   Ive not heard of one and if so shut that pub for 2 weeks ,fair enough but to blanket close all  pubs is an outrage .

DeppityDawg