Wee Crankie bans booze in Scotland...

Started by DeppityDawg, October 07, 2020, 06:17:53 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Jaydee

Quote from: patman post on October 10, 2020, 11:37:38 AM
You're right — it is worrying that some earlier adoption of restrictions in Scotland appear to have reduced infections and excess deaths there compared to England. We don't really know the actual figures, but the reported trends are obvious.

There now seems to be a growing acceptance from knowledge gained since March, that restrictions can and should be applied regionally in a wack-a-mole strategy. But the increasing number of calls from authorities around the UK for more consultation between them and central govt don't build confidence in the UK's national Covid management...

Yes I know matey.  And the quicker the dealing of it is removed from those bozos who call themselves a UK government and   handed to local authorities in England.  The quicker it will come under control. On the upside.  England now see's what it voted for.  And the penny has dropped.

Jaydee

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 10, 2020, 10:36:25 AM
Jesus wept. You can take the piss out of whoever you like, bonny lad. If 67000 dead English floats your boat, go for it. The thread is a "piss take". As in "what could possibly go wrong" being a literary device, mocking the Scots love affair with booze. I did another thread taking the piss out of Geordies. I'm originally from Bristol - we shag our sisters apparently.. As for writing "wee krankie" , what the feck has that got to do with Boris Johnson? Or where does writing wee krankie mean I support the Tories or endorse their abortion of a policy to this whole pandemic circus?

Get a life for feck sake you tedious auld ****

Some 67,000 dead English are not floating my boat.  They are floating your boat.  And your piss take asked what could go wrong. Now you are making another piss taking remark.  Which is not piss taking.  You believe it.  There were 337,000 admission to hospital  in England were drink was the problem, such a heart disease, liver  failure  etc..  etc.  In total when emergency is the cause that is over 1.3 million  In the same period of time there were 35,499 alcohol-related hospital admissions from all causes.   These relate to 23,494 Scottish residents who had at least one admission to hospital with an alcohol-related condition. Of these people, around half (11,566) were admitted for an alcohol-related admission for the first time or had not been admitted to hospital for an alcohol-related admission in the previous 10 year.  Not even close to the drunks on the streets banging their head  in England. Which if my memory serves me right. The 1.3 million total admissions to English hospitals re their love of alcohol. Is one a second.

In short your rant.  Scots love of booze is just that.  A rant, which you believe.  In terms of "wee Kranky"  Tee he.  Big Kranky Bojo. And I did not say or infer you were a Tory. I am.  Or rather was. Till that waffling clueless dick head Big Kranky Bojo presided.   I suggest when you piss take you find the origin of the piss take.  Which in your case you believed.  As you have just stated. That is why you said it.   The myth of the drunken Scots dour scrooge was the hall mark of one Sir Harry Lauder.  A brilliant comedian and singer at the first half of the last century.  By 1911 he was the highest paid entertainer in the world, and raised millions for British Troops in the 1st world war.  And in the 2nd World war   He was described by Sir Winston Churchill as "Scotland's greatest ever ambassador.   Who made a absolute fortune with the myth of the drunken dour Scot.  Nothing matey could be further from the truth.  But it is falling on deaf ears.  And I have a life.  And deal in facts.  Not fanny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=vbM86eiczAg&ab_channel=OldiesAl

patman post

Quote from: Jaydee on October 08, 2020, 08:42:59 PM

What part of Big Kranky did nothing and the rate of deaths and infection in England are around the worst in the world.  And three times that of Scotland.  Did you not understand.  Perhaps you could explain who wee Krankie is into something understandable. You then asked the question what could possibly go wrong.  I told you with Big Kranky.  And re stated again. The death toll in England is now around 67,000.  And for Uk read England.  That is what went wrong. 

https://www.ft.com/content/3c53ab12-d859-4ceb-b262-f6a0221ca129
You're right — it is worrying that some earlier adoption of restrictions in Scotland appear to have reduced infections and excess deaths there compared to England. We don't really know the actual figures, but the reported trends are obvious.

There now seems to be a growing acceptance from knowledge gained since March, that restrictions can and should be applied regionally in a wack-a-mole strategy. But the increasing number of calls from authorities around the UK for more consultation between them and central govt don't build confidence in the UK's national Covid management...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Jaydee on October 08, 2020, 10:26:49 PMOh I see.  Piss taking is OK as long as it from you.  What do you see about piss taking of 67,000 deaths of your own countrymen.  What could possibly go wrong.  Now let me see.   You got the answer on the question you asked.  .  And Oh I was not piss taking.  I answered your question.  Compliments of Big Kranky doing nothing. By the way.  Could you enlighten me.  Who is the US in this.

Jesus wept. You can take the piss out of whoever you like, bonny lad. If 67000 dead English floats your boat, go for it. The thread is a "piss take". As in "what could possibly go wrong" being a literary device, mocking the Scots love affair with booze. I did another thread taking the piss out of Geordies. I'm originally from Bristol - we shag our sisters apparently.. As for writing "wee krankie" , what the feck has that got to do with Boris Johnson? Or where does writing wee krankie mean I support the Tories or endorse their abortion of a policy to this whole pandemic circus?

Get a life for feck sake you tedious auld ****

Jaydee

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 08, 2020, 09:06:37 PM
You don't get piss taking threads then?...or is everything deadly serious in your part of the world...no, no, wait...I remember now...didn't you got banned from the old forum for frothing at the mouth and sense of humour failure?

Do us a favour and wipe the spit off your screen for f*ck sake

Oh I see.  Piss taking is OK as long as it from you.  What do you see about piss taking of 67,000 deaths of your own countrymen.  What could possibly go wrong.  Now let me see.   You got the answer on the question you asked.  .  And Oh I was not piss taking.  I answered your question.  Compliments of Big Kranky doing nothing. By the way.  Could you enlighten me.  Who is the US in this.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Jaydee on October 08, 2020, 08:42:59 PMWhat part of Big Kranky did nothing and the rate of deaths and infection in England are around the worst in the world.  And three times that of Scotland.  Did you not understand.  Perhaps you could explain who wee Krankie is into something understandable. You then asked the question what could possibly go wrong.  I told you with Big Kranky.  And re stated again. The death toll in England is now around 67,000.  And for Uk read England.  That is what went wrong.

You don't get piss taking threads then?...or is everything deadly serious in your part of the world...no, no, wait...I remember now...didn't you got banned from the old forum for frothing at the mouth and sense of humour failure?

Do us a favour and wipe the spit off your screen for f*ck sake

Jaydee

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 08, 2020, 07:45:09 PM
Maybe you could translate that into something more understandable?

What part of Big Kranky did nothing and the rate of deaths and infection in England are around the worst in the world.  And three times that of Scotland.  Did you not understand.  Perhaps you could explain who wee Krankie is into something understandable. You then asked the question what could possibly go wrong.  I told you with Big Kranky.  And re stated again. The death toll in England is now around 67,000.  And for Uk read England.  That is what went wrong. 

https://www.ft.com/content/3c53ab12-d859-4ceb-b262-f6a0221ca129

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2020, 05:22:06 PMThe point was posty (if you missed it ) was that you will see regular breaking of the covid protocol in shops ,food stores and even pharmacies

He rarely gets the point because he isn't here to discuss anything. If the title had been "Wee Krankie closes wine bars" it might have caused him a little more angst

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Jaydee on October 08, 2020, 05:05:25 PMBig Kranky Bojo.  did'nt.  And the infection rate in England is 3 times that of Scotland and south of the border some 67,000 departed gasping for the only thing in life they get free.  What could possibly go wrong.  Try reading what did. 

Maybe you could translate that into something more understandable?

patman post

Disagree.
It's not OK to be another source of infection just because other people are choosing to ignore recommendations and restrictions.
Pubs are not The Bull, Rovers Return or Queen Vic. Pubs are additional unnecessary enclosed spaces to spread infection — even the few that house Post Offices if they continue to offer pub services. If the community is so concerned about older people it could make other arrangements. Some pubs offer out sales and takeaway — even in N16, so it cannot be beyond the wit of less urban hostelries to innovate.
It comes to something if a major factor in combatting Covid in the UK has to be trading off health with keeping pubs open...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 08, 2020, 01:44:36 PM
Pub closures "an outrage"? You have to admit they're hardly a necessity. Unlike food stores, pharmacies, NHS, etc. Tough on public as and pub staff, maybe. But no more than for musicians, actors, entertainment staff, etc...

The point was posty (if you missed it ) was that you will see regular breaking of the covid protocol in shops ,food stores and even pharmacies . You wont in pubs . Im not talking about the town centre bars rammed with 20 year olds but just your straightforward local  that are the heartbeat of the community . They are very much a necessity a place where single people especially the older generation can spend an hour or two sometimes their only contact with other people all day .  I sometimes go to the builders pub nearby where you can get the heads up on jobs about to start or maybe to get a labourer for the morning .

There is more to the pub than having a pint

The entertainment people have their own battles to fight but in the meantime at least they should be able to have a pint .

Jaydee

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 07, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
...what could possibly go wrong?  :D :D :D

Big Kranky Bojo.  did'nt.  And the infection rate in England is 3 times that of Scotland and south of the border some 67,000 departed gasping for the only thing in life they get free.  What could possibly go wrong.  Try reading what did.