Jamie Oliver warns against lowering food standards post-Brexit

Started by GBNews, October 11, 2020, 02:34:52 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2020, 09:37:08 AM
You're not concerned about food standards? Because you believe the current government will uphold current standards, or because you wouldn't mind if the standards dropped?

It appears many supermarkets are not going to stock American food:-

https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/trade-supermarkets-government-open-letter?utm_campaign=speakout_campaign_7804&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thank_you
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2020, 09:37:08 AM
You're not concerned about food standards? Because you believe the current government will uphold current standards, or because you wouldn't mind if the standards dropped?

Im a scottish indy supporter , and want scotland out of the uk.

We have english nuclear weapons forced on us , we have english brexit forced on us , and a government in london that 75% of the scottish people voted against are currently bringing in legislation that underimines devolution that  three quarter of the scottish people voted for  , and you ask my if im concerned about food standards?

Add it to the list.

The futility of being "concerned " about anything within the confines of the british prison we have found ourselves in time and again is clearly apparent over the last three hundred years.

The very fact a foreign government in another country has the power to lower or raise food standards in my nation at all is what bothers me , not the whinging of some geriatirc tory in cornwall blabbing on about some celebrity chefs latest crusade.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nalaar

Quote from: Thomas on October 11, 2020, 09:28:35 AMNeither

Don't believe everything you think.

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2020, 09:25:44 AM
Are you more concerned about the messenger or the message?

Neither.

pappy , despite by his own words hating mr oliver , is concerned , while im merely being sarcastic.

Its difficult to take pappy serious nalaar , when you have listened to his doom and gloom mongering online for the best part of ten years now.

The end of the world is always just around the corners according to pappy.

Nalaar

Quote from: Thomas on October 11, 2020, 09:04:38 AM
Well if jamie is warning us about it , we wait with baited breath and hang by his every word pappy.

Are you more concerned about the messenger or the message?

Nalaar

Mod Notice

Posts removed. Discuss the topic, don't derail by talking about Users.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on October 11, 2020, 09:04:38 AM
Well if jamie is warning us about it , we wait with baited breath and hang by his every word pappy.

I would not urinate on Jamie Oliver if he were on fire unless I could urinate petrol.
I do not want to eat any food imported from America and if America is so proud of their substandard loaded with chemicals, they should label the origin.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
The accusation is accurate, I emailed my MP about it several days ago.

papasmurf

The accusation is accurate, I emailed my MP about it several days ago.

GBNews

Jamie Oliver warns against lowering food standards post-Brexit

Jamie Oliver has accused the government of using "back door" secondary legislation to avoid scrutiny of post-Brexit food standards.

Source: Jamie Oliver warns against lowering food standards post-Brexit