Main Menu

Less active

Started by srb7677, October 13, 2020, 10:09:52 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on October 13, 2020, 10:09:52 AM

Because - following upon my decision - I have become much more active in real world politics, I have less time to spare for more frivolous activities like posting here. Am not leaving this forum but am likely to be posting a lot less often. I definitely have little time or patience for abuse and insults, so anyone blocked will remain so and I will think nothing of blocking others. I will come here in recreational moments to chew the fat in constructive and interesting ways, not get down and dirty in slanging matches, insults and abuse flying, with me giving it back. I just don't need to go there.

Correlli Barnett once made the point that the reason the Protectorate failed and the monarchy was restored was not that the Puritans were wrong, but that they were just so bloody boring.

Even so Stevie, I wish you well and hope that your final victory over the Blairites coincides with the restoration of Boris to full health and the subsequent destruction of the Labour party and its attendant adherents.  :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

But putting posters on ignore rather than just ignoring them seems to demonstrate a fault in one's own make up. Even posters who appear to enjoy trolling other posters and disrupting threads, can sometimes make a valid point that's worth considering. Mind you a sense of the absurd, humour and irony helps — even if there's a few on here who appear not to have had the appropriate gene in the first place...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on October 13, 2020, 10:09:52 AM
I definitely have little time or patience for abuse and insults, so anyone blocked will remain so and I will think nothing of blocking others. I will come here in recreational moments to chew the fat in constructive and interesting ways, not get down and dirty in slanging matches, insults and abuse flying, with me giving it back. I just don't need to go there.

Quite, however chewing the fat in constructive and interesting ways on this forum is next to impossible.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Following upon my decision to remain in the Labour Party and to fight for what I believe in from within - which I feel to be a less futile strategy than leaving and going it alone - I have become very active again in local party politics. Having meetings, keeping up to speed with developments, sometimes voting. Small steps but locally we are making progress on the ground and have the Blairites on the back foot in terms of numbers. An advantage we'd immediately lose if we left in significant numbers. And whilst we fight in our own wards and constituencies, others on the left are doing the same the length and breadth of this country. For as long as we remain the Blairites will never gain total control. Only our departure would hand that to them.

Because - following upon my decision - I have become much more active in real world politics, I have less time to spare for more frivolous activities like posting here. Am not leaving this forum but am likely to be posting a lot less often. I definitely have little time or patience for abuse and insults, so anyone blocked will remain so and I will think nothing of blocking others. I will come here in recreational moments to chew the fat in constructive and interesting ways, not get down and dirty in slanging matches, insults and abuse flying, with me giving it back. I just don't need to go there.

The long and the short of it is I am going to be around a lot less often now that I am active again in local politics.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.